Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 24265 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #90
I'd rather leave Casboult in as backup ruckman rather than pull McKay away from the forward line as he's in great form down there. Charlie can have a run in the twos and give Kerr a chance...if Kerr's not up to it then he's another one to cull at year-end. But if we're picking players purely on form (as it should be) then Charlie isn't in the best 22 right at the minute.

Reply #91
I think we should pick Kerr.
Casboult should have a spell, until his physicality is at AFL level

Generally speaking the squad is not reduced from the 18,  only those named on the interchange.

Reply #93
There is a definite 'need for speed' so, if fit, Cuningham is a cert, Kennedy is a lock, Stoker deserves another go and Plowman as the rotating backman.  Emergencies Fasolo, Kerr and Setterfield   Macreadie in the twos.

Pure speculation.

BINGO!!! Picked it!!   And Billy Longer didn't make the cut for the other mob.

Reply #94
I didn't take Fasolo being named seriously, anyone who watched the VFL thought that must be a joke!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
INS: Simpson, Kennedy, Plowman, Cunningham
OUTS: Setterfield, Murphy, O'Brien and Macreadie

The defence will look a bit better but hopefully Jones is back ASAP too. Cunningham adds a bit of speed and has been pretty sharp around the goals in the games he's played.

Reply #96
INS: Simpson, Kennedy, Plowman, Cunningham
OUTS: Setterfield, Murphy, O'Brien and Macreadie

The defence will look a bit better but hopefully Jones is back ASAP too. Cunningham adds a bit of speed and has been pretty sharp around the goals in the games he's played.

Bit surprised we outed Setterfield, ahead of Ed or Gibbons. I apprecaite we cannot run with Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy in the midfield but Setterfield is a useful forward.

Given SPS limited game time I won't be surprised to hear of a late change with SPS out and Setterfield in.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
Bit surprised we outed Setterfield, ahead of Ed or Gibbons. I apprecaite we cannot run with Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy in the midfield but Setterfield is a useful forward.

Given SPS limited game time I won't be surprised to hear of a late change with SPS out and Setterfield in.

I'd have kept Setterfield ahead of Plowman.

Reply #98
I reckon we'll respond, play a game similar to the one against the Dogs then turn around and an smack Essendon the week after because, well, it's something we enjoy doing. So i'm thinking we'll be 6 wins from 43...lol.

It already is 6 wins from 43.

THe magical numbers you throw around each week are chosen because the 2 weeks before that, were wins.....but that hurts the argument so they are conveniently left out.

If we do win the next 2, then it'd be 8 wins from 45. ;)

Reply #99
All those saying setterfield should not be dropped did they miss the game last week.

The team was really bad but he was putrid.

Disposal is better in under 12s.

This guy has played a handful of poor - average games to start his career, However I’m not writing him off rather observing that his form has not been anywhere near enough to suggest he should have held his spot.

Hope he rips it up for a month in the 2s and can come back when he forces his way back....needs to work hard on disposal while in the seconds.

Reply #100
I'd have kept Setterfield ahead of Plowman.

I think they might try Stocker in a different role, leaving Plowman to rotate through the backline. Stocker might get a run on the ball and a bit of time up forward to add defensive pressure, leaving Ed Curnow to do a shutdown role.

Reply #101
All those saying setterfield should not be dropped did they miss the game last week.

The team was really bad but he was putrid.

Disposal is better in under 12s.

This guy has played a handful of poor - average games to start his career, However I’m not writing him off rather observing that his form has not been anywhere near enough to suggest he should have held his spot.

Hope he rips it up for a month in the 2s and can come back when he forces his way back....needs to work hard on disposal while in the seconds.
Who wasn’t putrid last week?

But yes, Setters needs some time in the VFL - and in the weights room bulking up.

Reply #102
It already is 6 wins from 43.

THe magical numbers you throw around each week are chosen because the 2 weeks before that, were wins.....but that hurts the argument so they are conveniently left out.

If we do win the next 2, then it'd be 8 wins from 45. ;)

We've 1424 from out last 2500. What's your point

Right now it's 4 from from the last 41. You can go 3 from 31, 11 of those losses by 50pts or more, 1 in 2, if your want if you want to take it from the start on last year, or even 1 from 12. Whatever it is, it's as bloody horrible as it gets.

I think for the coach' sake it's imperative we win. Close, honorable losses don't cut it against St.Kilda. Not 4th year into a rebuild, especially when you are already 1-8.

Reply #103
I think they might try Stocker in a different role, leaving Plowman to rotate through the backline. Stocker might get a run on the ball and a bit of time up forward to add defensive pressure, leaving Ed Curnow to do a shutdown role.

Just felt our backline is tall enough. If you're too tall one invariably struggles as he don't know his role. Happened to Weitering last year. People bagged the f out of him last year. get's a proper role that suits and he's a different player. Could be part of Charlie's issues this year too. Could be a lack of continuity too with injuries.  Dunno.

Reply #104
We've 1424 from out last 2500. What's your point

Right now it's 4 from from the last 41. You can go 3 from 31, 11 of those losses by 50pts or more, 1 in 2, if your want if you want to take it from the start on last year, or even 1 from 12. Whatever it is, it's as bloody horrible as it gets.

I think for the coach' sake it's imperative we win. Close, honorable losses don't cut it against St.Kilda. Not 4th year into a rebuild, especially when you are already 1-8.

Just saying. You wanted 6 in 43, i gave it to you.