Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 55674 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #180
Grahams selection can only mean he wasnt dropped for poor form, rather not suited to Subi and/or no match up for him last week. To be recalled this week without playing in the twos at all confirms this to me.

He may not have been judged as "poor" GTC, just others better than him atm.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #181
He may not have been judged as "poor" GTC, just others better than him atm.  :)
Theres that too ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #183
Goal kicking is still a worry but we should win this easily.
Murphy, Cripps, Ed, Wright, Kerridge, Kreuzer and Gibbs will be too good for anything Essendon can throw up in the middle and our back 6 is playing OK.
If Jones and Casboult can hit the scoreboard we'll win by 8 or 10 goals, but it's a big if.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #184
Grahams selection can only mean he wasnt dropped for poor form, rather not suited to Subi and/or no match up for him last week. To be recalled this week without playing in the twos at all confirms this to me.

Everyone forgets that Graham and boekhorst are only playing their second and third seasons of footy respectively and haven't quite worked their way up to peak condition and fitness yet.

Most senior players carry some sort of restrictions and few would be 100%.

Only a few can do it early.

Sometimes giving them a week off to refresh is all they need.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #185
Everyone forgets that Graham and boekhorst are only playing their second and third seasons of footy respectively and haven't quite worked their way up to peak condition and fitness yet.

Most senior players carry some sort of restrictions and few would be 100%.

Only a few can do it early.

Sometimes giving them a week off to refresh is all they need.

I'd have thought this applies even more so for 1st yr players. Wouldn't be surprised if any of the youngsters were managed this way (or any oldies for that matter). The Cats just "rested" hendo...
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #186
Chris kaias on Twitter suggesting Cripps is out with soreness. If true that's massive????

Reply #187
Chris kaias on Twitter suggesting Cripps is out with soreness. If true that's massive????

Isn't that just wishful thinking from an attention seeking Essendon supporter?

There was open training this morning; any reports?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #188
Isn't that just wishful thinking from an attention seeking Essendon supporter?

There was open training this morning; any reports?

He is Blues supporter.

Reply #189
He is Blues supporter.

In that case, isn't that just pessimistic thinking from an attention seeking Carlton supporter?   :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #190
 ;D
In that case, isn't that just pessimistic thinking from an attention seeking Carlton supporter?   :)

Reply #191
"AFL advises Andrejis Everitt has replaced Michael Jamison as one of Carlton's emergencies for tomorrow's rd game v Essendon."

Interesting. Everitt has already played a half with the Northern Blues.  Wouldn't bother to make a change if Everitt wasn't going to be used.

I think I have worked this out  ???

Jamison was concussed and unable to fulfil his role as emergency.  Of course, as Jamison played in the NBs, he wouldn't have been used as a late replacement, that role falling to White and Tutt.  Jamison must have been deemed unlikely to pass the concussion test and the club was required to nominate a replacement emergency.  They went with Everitt, but did so very confident that he won't be required.

Reply #192
I think I have worked this out  ???

Jamison was concussed and unable to fulfil his role as emergency.  Of course, as Jamison played in the NBs, he wouldn't have been used as a late replacement, that role falling to White and Tutt.  Jamison must have been deemed unlikely to pass the concussion test and the club was required to nominate a replacement emergency.  They went with Everitt, but did so very confident that he won't be required.

Hmm. Plot thickens. If Cripps is out of expect white to come in

Reply #193
Last week the rumor was Cripps and Murphy.

Reply #194
Cripps and Weitering out for Tutt and White.