Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 109703 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #15
If we lose to the Dees next week, Malthouse will be sacked, nothing is surer !!!

He's probably thinking that may not be a bad option by now - walk away into the sunset with his pockets jingling and then back into the media after about 18 months. Better than having to deal with those deadbeats at CFC every effin' day!  :))

Maybe we should play it different and offer him a contract extension  on the proviso of nominated ladder positions.

nah pass - I want him gone.
Theres no such thing as a 60+ yo premiership coach these days

People who want Malthouse gone are idiots. It's the players, not the coach. We just need to reassess his objectives. His recruiting of Menzel, Graham, Cripps and Giles (I know it's early) have already given us hope in the future. He needs another list cull at the end of this year and needs to set us up for his successor.

Reply #16
People who want Malthouse gone are idiots. It's the players, not the coach. We just need to reassess his objectives. His recruiting of Menzel, Graham, Cripps and Giles (I know it's early) have already given us hope in the future. He needs another list cull at the end of this year and needs to set us up for his successor.

But MM and Carlton do not rebuild!

Based on the assistants he put in place he has no intention of setting up a replacement!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17

Based on the assistants he put in place he has no intention of setting up a replacement!

Malthouse did not recruit Cripps, Giles, Menzel or Graham.

The objectives we have are Malthouses.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
If we lose to the Dees next week, Malthouse will be sacked, nothing is surer !!!

He's probably thinking that may not be a bad option by now - walk away into the sunset with his pockets jingling and then back into the media after about 18 months. Better than having to deal with those deadbeats at CFC every effin' day!  :))

Maybe we should play it different and offer him a contract extension  on the proviso of nominated ladder positions.

nah pass - I want him gone.
Theres no such thing as a 60+ yo premiership coach these days

If we made top 4 this year as Mick predicted we would I would not have a problem. If we made the 8 I also would not have a problem. If we were a strong contender for the 8 I would be disappointed but not shattered.

We are now bottom 4 material and I am disgusted.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19

Malthouse did not recruit Cripps, Giles, Menzel or Graham.

The objectives we have are Malthouses.

Well, if he didn't persuade Rogers and co. into drafting those players then they've had a massive turnaround in their recruiting philosophy.

Malthouse did NOT set the club's objectives. They were set by the board BEFORE Malthouse was pursued by the Club.

Reply #20
Milk.

MM had no influence over Menzel or Graham. I think they were recruited before he even got there.

MM repeatedly say he has no influence over drafting, he does however play a role in getting targets from other clubs.

The objectives of the playing group have been set by the coach.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #21
Milk.

MM had no influence over Menzel or Graham. I think they were recruited before he even got there.

MM repeatedly say he has no influence over drafting, he does however play a role in getting targets from other clubs.

The club gave Malthouse the objective of winning a premiership with the current squad. They need to reassess that objective.

Malthouse wouldn't have handpicked Menzel and Graham but he would've had to have OK'd the picks. If he didn't then that is why our recruiting has been so terrible. The Coach should have final say in what his team needs, and if not, why was at both the 2012 and 2013 drafts?

Reply #22
After the media grilling this week we'll win by 70-80, the players will be happy and full of themselves, only to be pumped by the Dogs the next week. 

Jimbo stop with the ridiculous predictions, we are not that good.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23

You are seriously delusional. He never recruited those blokes he was off promoting his book remember?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
Milk.

The club gave Malthouse the objective of winning a premiership with the current squad. They need to reassess that objective.

This is the point that our club has fallen over.  They have no forking clue.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
The next 4 weeks we'll know where we're really at.

Ground zero against the worst side in the comp Melbourne
Step up against the dogs.
Another step up against the Eagles
Then the finals bound pies.

If we lose to Melbourne god help us.
If we can't beat the dogs we should start tanking.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
The next 4 weeks we'll know where we're really at.

Ground zero against the worst side in the comp Melbourne
Step up against the dogs.
Another step up against the Eagles
Then the finals bound pies.

If we lose to Melbourne god help us.
If we can't beat the dogs we should start tanking.

Should beat Melbourne but the Dogs will be tough...Minson will slaughter Warnock and I'll have money that Dalhaus gets his usual bag of goals as well.
Having Judd back might give us the edge and cover up some cracks....
Eagle and Pies..I'll settle for competitive games...

Reply #27
I'm not banking this one. Roos will see his chance for grabbing a much needed win. After that, well who knows - the aybyss?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Stop ginning around and pick a real side, that would be a start.

Wood first ruck, Warnock into seconds.  Casboult second ruck and tall forward. 

Robbo seconds - give Graham or Cripps a run.  Drop Garlett, also drop Tuohy or play him up the ground.

Play Walker across half forward as he is a liability in defence.

Elevate Scotland or tell Gibbs he is playing across half back because the on ball experiment has failed.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
B: Giles, Jamison, Buckley
HB: Yarran, Henderson, Docherty
C: Thomas, Judd, Cripps
HF: Walker, Waite, Menzel
F: Garlett, Casboult, Everitt
R: Wood, Murphy, Simpson
I/C : Holman, Curnow, Graham, Robinson
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"