Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 110913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #45
@Baggers

Apart from maybe Cripps, those ins don't really excite me I'm afraid. Maybe OK for the Dees but what happens after that?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
@Baggers

Apart from maybe Cripps, those ins don't really excite me I'm afraid. Maybe OK for the Dees but what happens after that?

After that we should have Judd and Docherty to include, with in mind to give Giles and Reynolds a taste shortly after that should others continue to not fire a shot at the appropriate level.

If it were up to me I would drop White for Scotland, Bell for Cripps, Warnock for Wood, Armfield for Ellard and sub Robbo (to replace Cripps in the 3rd... or vice versa). If the rookie list thing is a problem for Wood, then bring in Casboult.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47
@Baggers

After that we should have Judd and Docherty to include, with in mind to give Giles and Reynolds a taste shortly after that should others continue to not fire a shot at the appropriate level.

If it were up to me I would drop White for Scotland, Bell for Cripps, Warnock for Wood, Armfield for Ellard and sub Robbo (to replace Cripps in the 3rd... or vice versa). If the rookie list thing is a problem for Wood, then bring in Casboult.

Reynolds needs promoting as does Wood so I am not sure we can do both.....but I agree on most of thsoe chancges although Davey Ellard deserves soem games as he has done his bit..he is a battler but at least he can kick straight.
Giles, Cripps, Holamn, Graham and Docherty I would introduce slowly rather than in one large group...

Reply #48
Bring back Scotland, bring back Judd. I don't care if he's in a wheelchair. We need players who put it.

Reply #49
@ Baggers/EB1

OK. I agree about Ellard, he should stay in as one of the few who gave his all.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
suddenly, this is becoming match of the round

Reply #51
@ Baggers: Add Rowe to the list of outs. He is embarrassing. People say Watson is slow, Rowe makes him look like a Stall Gift contender. The MC MUST make the biggest statement in CFC history at the selection table this week, there is no other option. Last night, several players embarrassed themselves and the jumper. Heads must roll.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52
This future direction of this club will be decided this week - with the 150 celebrations
nothing is more poignant than this game against Melbourne.
I m calling this game the most important in the last 19 years.
If we loose, I can only imagine the fallout, if we win, and depends how we win, this will only gloss over the problems.

too often this club only jolts into action when there's intense scrutiny , part of me wants them to loose only because the benefits of moving forward that come with this

Reply #53
Melbourne have nothing to lose this week. We could stink it up big time and look like the biggest losers in the league. We better have Levi on the park if he is fit. We better have intensity and passion. We lose this and it is seasons end and Mick better start to consider his next career move.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #54
Don't want to see Warnock included, yes he get his hand to the ball first but that is it.
He doesn't tap to advantage and is next to useless around the ground.

Out: Warnock, White, Touhy, Ellard (he looks to have slowed)
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #55
Don't want to see Warnock included, yes he get his hand to the ball first but that is it.
He doesn't tap to advantage and is next to useless around the ground.

Out: Warnock, White, Touhy, Ellard (he looks to have slowed)

Yep.  Drop Warnock and bring in Wood.  Cant be any worse.

Reply #56
Giles, Cripps, Holamn, Graham and Docherty I would introduce slowly rather than in one large group...

I think this week is a week where you could get away with it and add in Woods and maybe Reynolds. Sure Melbourne could win, but it would send a message to the supporters that we're not going to accept anymore crap and are moving forward.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #57
I know, this week why don't we let them just play footy. Yeah, you know like the old days, each player has a position and they play see ball get ball footy. Get rid of this zone and set plays stuff that micro managers players natural thought processes and stifles their natural footy ability.
They are continuing to second guess their footy brain and natural reactions, probably why we are second to the ball and don't hit targets.
Bloody 3 games in and the players are have player only meetings, gee, just let them play footy for C sake. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #58
Nope, we can't continue ignoring the future and sacrificing the present.  We need to walk one path.  The road to a premiership/s.  If that means losing whilst the players figure it out so be it.

Enough with the short cuts.

They have only drawn out the journey and made it longer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #59

I think this week is a week where you could get away with it and add in Woods and maybe Reynolds. Sure Melbourne could win, but it would send a message to the supporters that we're not going to accept anymore crap and are moving forward.

Also might send the message we have gone into a complete tail spin.....dont mind Wood, Docherty and a couple of the kids but we need some experience out there.
I expect Scotland to play.

In Cripps, Armfield, Wood, Giles, Scotland and  Casboult
Out Garlett, Touhy, White, Bell, Warnock and Rowe