Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111644 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #60
Out Garlett

During the week I asked a passionate Geelong supporter I work with, if he could pick any Carlton player and put him in a Geelong jumper who would he take. He said Garlett.

Personally I think Garlett plays half a season, in much the same manner as Yazz. Brilliant on their day but found wanting the following week. I wouldn't drop Jeff this week as he's due, but even if he snags 7 we should probably drop him for the next game. :P
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #61
Giles, Cripps, Holamn, Graham and Docherty I would introduce slowly rather than in one large group...

I think this week is a week where you could get away with it and add in Woods and maybe Reynolds. Sure Melbourne could win, but it would send a message to the supporters that we're not going to accept anymore crap and are moving forward.

Also might send the message we have gone into a complete tail spin.....dont mind Wood, Docherty and a couple of the kids but we need some experience out there.
I expect Scotland to play.

In Cripps, Armfield, Wood, Giles, Scotland and  Casboult
Out Garlett, Touhy, White, Bell, Warnock and Rowe

Warnock really isn't as bad as some suggest and I really want to see Casboult play a full game at FF - fact is we've never seen it and he's been forced to run around the park with 5 minutes here and there in the forward line

Reply #62
Ins

Wood, Casboult, Cripps, Giles, Scotland, Armfield, Lucas.

Outs

Warnock, Rowe, Bell, White, Ellard, Tuohy, and 1 more, haven't decided.

I would love to see these changes, please footy gods let this happen.

Juddy back for rd 5

Reply #63
Ins

Outs

Juddy back for rd 5

Warnock aside, you've dropped all 'fringe' players - it's our so called cream that isn't producing - the Gibbs, Walkers, Thomas', Waites etc......

Changing the fringe players won't change outcomes unless the top echelon extract their collective digits.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64
Ins

Outs

Juddy back for rd 5

Warnock aside, you've dropped all 'fringe' players - it's our so called cream that isn't producing - the Gibbs, Walkers, Thomas', Waites etc......

Changing the fringe players won't change outcomes unless the top echelon extract their collective digits.....

Yes, yes and double yes!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
Melbourne will be setting themselves for this one too. We will be expecting an easy win and won't take them seriously.

It's a worry, and reminds me of the Gold Coast game build up that cost Ratten his job.

I can see us going down, unfortunately, which will send the whole place into meltdown.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #66
Melbourne will be setting themselves for this one too. We will be expecting an easy win and won't take them seriously.

It's a worry, and reminds me of the Gold Coast game build up that cost Ratten his job.

I can see us going down, unfortunately, which will send the whole place into meltdown.

Agree, Roos is licking his chops as we speak.

Reply #67

Agree, Roos is licking his chops as we speak.

We'll see if the players really want to play for the coach....the Tail wagging the Dog! ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #68
Re Roos let's not get ahead of ourselves here with Roos. He's been out of the job a while, looks extremely grumpy and he too is playing with an outdated defensive style gameplan. I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job at all for Melbourne
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
Re Roos let's not get ahead of ourselves here with Roos. He's been out of the job a while, looks extremely grumpy and he too is playing with an outdated defensive style gameplan. I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job at all for Melbourne

Wow two outdated games plans playing off against each other. Should be a good game and a trip down memory lane ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70

There's also the danger it could go the other way.
If we approach this game all fired up to show some intense pressure to prove a point we may concentrate on playing the man at the expense of just playing football.
The focus has to be on discipline and execution.

Reply #71
Giles, Cripps, Holamn, Graham and Docherty I would introduce slowly rather than in one large group...

I think this week is a week where you could get away with it and add in Woods and maybe Reynolds. Sure Melbourne could win, but it would send a message to the supporters that we're not going to accept anymore crap and are moving forward.

Also might send the message we have gone into a complete tail spin.....dont mind Wood, Docherty and a couple of the kids but we need some experience out there.
I expect Scotland to play.

In Cripps, Armfield, Wood, Giles, Scotland and  Casboult
Out Garlett, Touhy, White, Bell, Warnock and Rowe

Warnock really isn't as bad as some suggest and I really want to see Casboult play a full game at FF - fact is we've never seen it and he's been forced to run around the park with 5 minutes here and there in the forward line

Agree on Casboult...disagree on Warnock....

Reply #72

Starring Paul Roos and Mickey Malthouse!

;D

Reply #73
Agreed Lodsie - finding the correct level of intensity in the lead-up to the game is no simple matter.  It's easy to say that the boys should be wound up to a frenzy before the bounce of the ball, but this can often produce mental exhaustion from playing the game before the ball is bounced. 

It can also leave the players with a fragile mindset.  If the players are wound up to make a big early impact, and things don't go according to the script with the other side hitting the scoreboard early, the players can become frustrated and bewildered.  For all we know, this is what happened against Essendon and Richmond.  In both games, the other side got off to a flyer and this may have stunned our players who had set themselves for a big start. 

Reply #74

There's also the danger it could go the other way.
If we approach this game all fired up to show some intense pressure to prove a point we may concentrate on playing the man at the expense of just playing football.
The focus has to be on discipline and execution.

Agree Lods - focus on the way we want to play consistently into the future.