Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #150
Loved seeing cripps push crameri and get in his face.

Flying the flag in game 2 at 19 yo. Make no mistake this kid is going to be a leader of this club.

I tell ya what though, the next target Cripps hits by foot will be his first..... 8)

I agree - don't get the amount of love on here for cripps.

I know his a young solidly built very tall mid that seems to show he has some balls for a 2nd gamer but to me his skills are well below standard and looks snail paced off the mark, has no tank ane very little on the defensive side. Only player 2 games I know but my point is his games is miles off yet he is talked up like he is certain to star and a great draft pick.

Too many on here look at the weight, height and amount of animal a player has rather then actually ability with the pill - you need to get the footy and use it well to make an impression.

Buckley really impressed me and his half the statue of cripps.  Cripps need time but so far IMO has show very little to suggest he is a future leader and a star in the making like many on here are suggesting.

Menzel and Buckley are big chances to make it I reckon from what I've seen.

In his last game for the NB'S he racked up 35 touches and turned the game, which we won. Layed tackles and goaled..

That's the 2nds. I lot of average players can smash it there.

Massive step up to the seniors.

Might be ok - my point is he is being built up to be something that his form in the firsts doesn't warrant......not at this stage anyway. 

Reply #151

Flying the flag in game 2 at 19 yo. Make no mistake this kid is going to be a leader of this club.

I tell ya what though, the next target Cripps hits by foot will be his first..... 8)

I know his a young solidly built very tall mid that seems to show he has some balls for a 2nd gamer but to me his skills are well below standard and looks snail paced off the mark, has no tank ane very little on the defensive side. Only player 2 games I know but my point is his games is miles off yet he is talked up like he is certain to star and a great draft pick.

Too many on here look at the weight, height and amount of animal a player has rather then actually ability with the pill - you need to get the footy and use it well to make an impression.

Buckley really impressed me and his half the statue of cripps.  Cripps need time but so far IMO has show very little to suggest he is a future leader and a star in the making like many on here are suggesting.

In his last game for the NB'S he racked up 35 touches and turned the game, which we won. Layed tackles and goaled..

Might be ok - my point is he is being built up to be something that his form in the firsts doesn't warrant......not at this stage anyway.

He is 19 and has played better in his first 2 games than Gibbs and Murphy. Further exposure at this stage will only advance his stocks.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #152

He is 19 and has played better in his first 2 games than Gibbs and Murphy. Further exposure at this stage will only advance his stocks.

I like his demeanor, appears to have a good balance between competitive spirit -hunger for the physical contest, yet personable . To early to tell, but may turn out to be a real leader.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #153
I'm with Shawny here.  currently is off the pace and is having a hard time being effective.  If we are not careful we will kill the kids confidence.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #154
I'm with Shawny here.  currently is off the pace and is having a hard time being effective.  If we are not careful we will kill the kids confidence.

True, and it's all a matter of degree, but I get the impression his self confidence isn't as fragile as most others his age.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #155
He's been given a taste now and knows what it's all about, back to the twos and I'm thinking next chance he gets he will stay in the side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #156
And Kouta was a star 2 games in? ::)
We need to make sure he is going to play in the block busters, to get a taste of the big time.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #157
it was a collective effort with guys prepared to take the game on
A stark contrast to the month past.
Running through the middle, linking hard and quick puts opposition defense under pressure
We're not skilled enough to  play tempo footy, I m glad we played to our strengths
Yes, thank god!

Reply #158
Lucas is getting Sharper and tougher
I agree, give him more time in the ones, he'll play the next 3 i reckon, and probably a few more after the bye, hopefully he's cemented by then.

Reply #159
Warnock BOG by country mile. Someone must have put a rocket up his proverbial re: [lack of] second efforts.

Gibbs - enigma. Walker - enigma.

Saw evidence of leadership (talk, direction, instructions) from Daisy.

Not thrilled with backline containing Everitt, White and Rowe.

Definitely saw a game plan of sorts with players running to position in anticipation of fast movement by foot.  Alleluiah.
Nor am i, but i'd prefer those 3 to Tom Young, Tom Williams and Michael Talia, only just

Reply #160
And Patrick Cripps, anyone?
Was prominent in the VFL side and earned his promotion...
Another game in the firsts next week?

I m really not sure he's ready, made some blunders today.
50/50
depends on the 2's and if there's a star performer that's pushing
W
Well that's N Graham I guess

Yep cripps was ordinary at best today. Needs a spell. McLean, Graham and garlett in for Judd, curnow, cripps
You can add Armfield and Jamo to that list for Bell and Rowe/White. Prefer Robbo to Graham without Bell in the side, we need his Hardness

Reply #161
re: Cripps....knock on Cripps was always his pace and endurance.....Malthouse has done alright with him so far IMO. Made his spend time forward where he can have a bit of a look without minding a dangerous midfielder and also gives him a chance to use his size and take a mark or two.
I think we need to keep playing him to get his awareness up and continue the education...he will get 30 possies in the twos every week and learn nothing......Stkilda have played Luke Dunstan every week and he will have 20 games up by seasons end a solid foundation to build on...we always make the msiatke of yo yoing our kids back and forth between the NB's and seniors. A classic example is Nick Graham....was great again for the NB;s but would have learned nothing playing on VFL banana's unlike Dunstan who is getting good game time on good players.
We need to cut out the short term thinking and look further aeahed to where we want to be or we will be playing catch up to teams like the Saints....

Reply #162
re: Cripps....knock on Cripps was always his pace and endurance.....Malthouse has done alright with him so far IMO. Made his spend time forward where he can have a bit of a look without minding a dangerous midfielder and also gives him a chance to use his size and take a mark or two.
I think we need to keep playing him to get his awareness up and continue the education...he will get 30 possies in the twos every week and learn nothing......Stkilda have played Luke Dunstan every week and he will have 20 games up by seasons end a solid foundation to build on...we always make the msiatke of yo yoing our kids back and forth between the NB's and seniors. A classic example is Nick Graham....was great again for the NB;s but would have learned nothing playing on VFL banana's unlike Dunstan who is getting good game time on good players.
We need to cut out the short term thinking and look further aeahed to where we want to be or we will be playing catch up to teams like the Saints....

Agree. Couldnt belive MM/Match Committe dropped Nick Graham again. Come on, get games on end intot he kid at senior level along with Cripps. Im hoping Holman and Giles get a number of games this year also. We simply need this. Buckley comes straight back in when he's ready also IMO.

Reply #163

Geelong had a side of champions yet they still managed to identify their important kids and got game time into them while their champs were still around to take some heat off them. They played for now and for the future. End result they sit on top of the ladder 7 years after their first flag.

We need these types of policies rather than plucking best availables and hoping they come through via our broken development system. Which leaves us with the least experienced U23 group going around plus nowhere near a flag

Reply #164

Not sure EB.

Cripps is cooked by 1/4 time. He'd have learnt enough in these games to realise he's a mile behind whats required in terms of fitness.

Give him a month back in the magoos and then bring him back.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................