Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities) (Read 59414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities)

Reply #15
Gibbs has been ok these past few weeks, but Id take a top 10 pick in an instant.
We re nowhere near challengers, so letting him go will be a win win.
Cometti was right re. Daisy. He said getting him across to Carlton smacked of a team overestimating where they were and thinking they were top 4 when they were no where near that in reality.

Reply #16
We have reached the deepest depths of the mid zeroes. That was the greatest exhibition of the worst skills I have ever seen by any club in any era I have seen. There's no hiding from that, and there is no excuse. Why the screw is it so bad? Dead set rot. If you are a screwing coach, it is your responsibility to teach basic skills. If players cannot learn basic skills, then get them off your screwing list!

Then there's a matter of decision making. Why the screw is it so bad? And the matter of lack of effort. The lack of passion. The morale in this unit is below whale crap.

The list needs a massive clean out. Unfortunately, you can't throw the entire hand in like poker and ask for a new set of cards. I lament what comes.

Reply #17
Best game Simon White has played for the club too. Won't save him in the long run but at least he is having a red hot go and you cannot knock anyone who does that.

I think PI2C should comment on this post

Reply #18
I reckon White, Jamo and Rowe did a fair job considering the way the ball came in.... our smaller defenders were awful, and their mids kicked goals at well.  Heck, Grundy was more effective than our forward line and he was rucking!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
Out of our depth vs Collingwood who are a better drilled team and have more players who know what they are doing....

Reply #20
Don't look at the margin we were terrible.  No skill, no heart, no structure.

Collingwood are probably a top 4 side, and they're an example of a club that's recruited well.  Unlike us.

Lucas has stamped his papers. Scotland should be told that he's not needed anymore.  Rowe will be delisted at the end of the year.  Gibbs will be no loss when he leaves for Port or Adelaide.  And finally - why play Menzel as the sub?  Does he have no tank?
A top 4 side would have finished us off and spat us back out. Pies are average at best. We on the other hand are  bottom 4 material on the showing.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #21
Collingwood played some pretty ordinary football and spanked us.

No more walker out of the backline, doesn't do it for me.

As bad as I have seen coming out of defense, zero structure, no one willing to put their hand up.

Just awful stuff. Lead by Thomas who we can only assume suffered from nerves.

Docherty looks okay, Buckley continues to show he has something... That is all.

Reply #22
Gibbs has been ok these past few weeks, but Id take a top 10 pick in an instant.
We re nowhere near challengers, so letting him go will be a win win.
Cometti was right re. Daisy. He said getting him across to Carlton smacked of a team overestimating where they were and thinking they were top 4 when they were no where near that in reality.

To me, let Gibbs go back and use the money on Frawley to strengthen our spine. Be plenty of Gibbs type in the draft and probably with more drive and heart.

Daisy will be ok eventually.

Reply #23
There is one thing that I cannot understand about our team and if anyone can provide the correct answer, I'll be rather gobsmacked.

In the first four games, we were really woeful with no fight, no chase, no grit, no thing.

The next two games, we came out and attacked the contest, we played as a team, we chased, we tackled, we were genuinely ferocious in our resolve.

Tonight we went back to the way we played in the first four rounds.

Now how can a team swing so dramatically in their application and attitude when they are paid professionals ??

I cannot buy into "it's the coach" because you know he would be firing them up all of the time. It's not like they are completely bereft of talent either, the past fortnight showed that the can do it if they want to.

So what is the issue here, is it just a matter of being "between the ears" ?

This is not a skills-related question, this is all about attitude which seems to fluctuate wildly for us.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #24
I've just about had enough.

Basically, anytime you see a side with any of Bell, Rowe, McLean, Scotland & Lucas, there's a better than even chance we're in for a tough afternoon/evening. We'll know we have a decent side when these types are playing for the Bullants.

I'd be offloading Garlett, Kreuzer & Gibbs, while they have some currency. The painful reality is that nobody will take any of the blokes above.

Reply #25
@Sheik
And what is more, you could tell almost from the first bounce that we were in for an off-night.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Sheik it is between the ears. I am sure we had the ball turn overs similar to the Pies. Had bad shots at goal, but look at the Pies and their kicking for goal. We had passengers and way too many. When the work rate is poor, tackle rate down, poor second efforts, being too cute and not clever with decision making, you lose the game. The skill rate works itself out if you work hard to run hard both ways and throw your body in at everything. Why are we so poor at getting this right is beyond me Sheik. Blame the coach ? Maybe ? Blame every player for not having passion for the jumper ? Definitely. They are paid too much to be soft cocks. 

Even Mick in the presser after the game, claims we have too many passengers way too often.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #28
MM lambasts a journo "for not getting the figures right".

MM says that we have passengers, but "cannot put a number on how many". Come on Mick, there were 22 blokes out there, you're the coach, surely YOU can get the figures right....

Reply #29
Gibbs- don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Lucas- same as Gibbs, but let the door whack you.
Scotland- sorry mate but Father Time has caught up.
Rowe- again sorry but you tried.
McLean- like you but you don't gut run anymore.

Gartlett - where was the hunger and forward defensive pressure from last week?
Touhy- will the real Touhy stand up please?
Walker- where is your composure?
Warlock- last week against the comps best ruck duo you dominated the taps, this week WTF. Around ground was good though.
Hendo- I know it's hard but you need to lead more and present.
Everitt - Must Try Harder and Gut Run
Thomas- WTF?

Murphy- tried
Buckley- love ya
Menzel- play full game will ya please.
Robbo- better
Docherty- look forward to it
White- good

2024... Moir of the same to come