Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : North Melbourne v Carlton (Pre-game Jibber-Jabber) (Read 46397 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : North Melbourne v Carlton (Pre-game Jibber-Jabber)

Reply #30
My team as follows:
Waite in Carrots Out Robbo to get form in the 2's
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
I wonder if we will take carrotts and Scotland in this week

For some reason I feel Scotland will be dropped for bootsma

Reply #32
Really Lance? I thought Scotland was back to his best last weekend. He did some great work for us. I had had a few beers though, so my judgement may have been slightly off.

Reply #33
Scotland has tapered off this year, no doubt about it. Finding it harder to get the pill and efficiency is way down on previous years

Reply #34
Carrazzo plays unless injured IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
Surely another big Friday night game = another disappoitning loss.....why change the trend now?! :'(
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #36
Surely another big Friday night game = another disappointing loss.....why change the trend now?! :'(

I gave out my first like Brettie.

It's just all too predictable. North get themselves up for their only Friday Night Game (small club syndrome) and we wilt under their added intensity and Pressure.

Also beat this mob and basically ends there season as we go 2 games ahead... which as you know means we wont turn up to play.

North by 5 goals.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #37
Don't think that Waite's going to get up this week. HS had him listed as 2 weeks on the Barometer.

Think the changes will be minimal. I wouldn't be rushing Robinson back in even if he's fit as his form hasn't been great.

Maybe Graham for Murphy (if injured) and wouldn't mind seeing either Menzel or Buckley come in for one of the smalls.

Reply #38
Surely another big Friday night game = another disappointing loss.....why change the trend now?! :'(

It's just all too predictable. North get themselves up for their only Friday Night Game (small club syndrome) and we wilt under their added intensity and Pressure.

Also beat this mob and basically ends there season as we go 2 games ahead... which as you know means we wont turn up to play.

North by 5 goals.

IN THE BAG CHAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blues by 24+
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #39
The Kangabies grow an extra leg for a Friday night game... as they believe they invented it! This will be a huge challenge for us. So important not to let them get off to a good start. 8pt game for us  :-[ ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #40

North by 5 goals.

IN THE BAG CHAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blues by 24+

You've been doing okay of late with the predictions CIMM but I reckon we are just travelling along at the minute. Slightly upward hill ahead and I think that will be too much for us.

Reply #41
Been thinking (very dangerous), is our attitude a problem? That is, we (CSC, CFC et al)  seem to have this constant "ooo gee, better be on our game, this mob has the wood on us" even if they are a worse performed side. Is it time to start adopting the "fork them, we are better than they are, come and get us if your good enough" atttitude? Its time for major attitude shift I reckon, might help some of our players become/behave a little more extroverted. Well I'm gonna give it a try from now.

Fork this mob, they aren't a patch on the shin boners of old. We will pump em by 5 goals minumum.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Stating that is all well and good GIC, but we need our lads to step up and walk the walk so to speak.

Bring on Friday night I say though, loving Blues in prime time on fta tv. And if we play like crap, then flick over to the Ashes at lords for a bit... (it might be worse over there though!)

Reply #43
Whether we, as supporters, think it's going to be a tough game or not won't impact the players.

The players believing they can go out and win no matter the opponent is a different challenge - lead by the coach. Saying the list isn't good enough probably doesn't help instill that attitude but remember that we have been out of the top 4 for 13 years - that's a generation of players. We can't just say change your attitude to this and it will happen. That's going to take time and work and winning games of football.

Reply #44
This weeks game will tell me a little bit about where the players are with their mental toughness. Win and it's a step forward, lose and MM has an even tougher job ahead of him than I 1st thought!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!