Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : North Melbourne v Carlton (Pre-game Jibber-Jabber) (Read 46543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : North Melbourne v Carlton (Pre-game Jibber-Jabber)

Reply #60
What I would be interested in finding out, are the answers to the following questions:

How frequently since the inception of the sub rule, have we been forced to make that change through injury as opposed to our opponents who have been able to use theirs tactically?

How frequently have we won having to sub early?

How frequently have we ended up losing another player to injury after having subbed early?

I would love to see a comparison across all teams too and this might give us a clearer picture on why some games get lost.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #61
All good questions Thry !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #62
Murphy may not play.

CARLTON skipper Marc Murphy remains in doubt for the Blues' crucial clash with North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Friday night but Mitch Robinson is set to return.

Robinson (arm) completed a full training session at Visy Park on Thursday morning but Murphy trained away from the main group.

Blues coach Mick Malthouse said he was hopeful Murphy would be passed fit to play despite suffering a twinge in his hamstring in the win over St Kilda last week.

Malthouse said the final decision on Murphy's fitness would be made on game day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-18/murphy-in-doubt-for-blues
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63
What I would be interested in finding out, are the answers to the following questions:

How frequently since the inception of the sub rule, have we been forced to make that change through injury as opposed to our opponents who have been able to use theirs tactically?

How frequently have we won having to sub early?

How frequently have we ended up losing another player to injury after having subbed early?

I would love to see a comparison across all teams too and this might give us a clearer picture on why some games get lost.

We had a sub tracker going for this year but we weren't maintaining it and it wasn't brought over to the updated site.

Reply #64
Murphy may not play.

CARLTON skipper Marc Murphy remains in doubt for the Blues' crucial clash with North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Friday night but Mitch Robinson is set to return.

Robinson (arm) completed a full training session at Visy Park on Thursday morning but Murphy trained away from the main group.

Blues coach Mick Malthouse said he was hopeful Murphy would be passed fit to play despite suffering a twinge in his hamstring in the win over St Kilda last week.

Malthouse said the final decision on Murphy's fitness would be made on game day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-18/murphy-in-doubt-for-blues

Or was it a corked glute - very much doubt he would have come back on last weekend if it was anything 'hammy' related?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/carlton-hope-captain-marc-murphy-is-fit-to-take-on-north-melbourne-on-friday-night/story-e6frf3e3-1226681327821#.UeeklkHIuWY
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65
NORTH MELBOURNE
In: S.McMahon , L.Thomas
Out: M.Firrito, L.Greenwood

CARLTON
No changes

Reply #66
Firrito and Greenwood - 2 good players....

Also, no Robbo?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Notice Wallsy is giving the Kangabies the solution for tomorrow night... to adopt the 1987 mantra of the Mighty BlueBaggers - minute-by-minute. ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
Firrito and Greenwood - 2 good players....

Also, no Robbo?
Bout time, sorry I love the bloke but has been putrid this year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
Don't really like it when we go in unchanged. When we do this we lose quite often.
I know it is rewarding the team for winning the last game but it just gives me an uneasy feeling...but that is just me. :-\
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70
North will have to make late changes I reckon.

They have 5-6 under a cloud and they left them all in.

Reckon they will activate their sub early

Must be a case of all or nothing.

Reply #71
Etihad Stadium, Friday 7:50pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Hansen, Thompson, Mullett
HB: Macmillan, Grima, McMahon
C: Gibson, Wells, Atley
HF: Cunnington, Petrie, Harvey
F: Black, Tarrant, Thomas
Foll: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell
I/C: McKenzie, Bastinac, Adams, Hine
Emg: Sierakowski, Greenwood, Delaney

In: Thomas, McMahon
Out: Greenwood, Firrito

CARLTON
B: Watson, Jamison, Henderson
HB: Tuohy, McInnes, Gibbs
C: Yarran, Judd, Simpson
HF: Curnow, Walker, Garlett
F: McLean, Rowe, Scotland
Foll: Kreuzer, Betts, Murphy
I/C: Carrazzo, Lucas, Cachia, Armfield
Emg: Robinson, White, Casboult

In: -
Out: -

To be honest, if Murphy isn't fit, I hope we don't play him. We have been burnt before. I never like playing unfit players. Same goes for Carrots: if he isn't 100%, then don't play him.
I hope they are fit, but I doubt it. Especially Murphy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
Murphy must be ok, as there is no emergencies to cover him if he pulls out.  I thought Robbo but then he would be 100% either  :-\
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #73
Murphy must be ok, as there is no emergencies to cover him if he pulls out.  I thought Robbo but then he would be 100% either  :-\

Watching the ABC news tonight it seems Robbo is OK to go if needed, so maybe he is cover for Murph?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #74
Greenwood has been in good form, reckon he will play.......they also have three talls down back yet we only have two tall forwards reckon that will change also and they will go smaller....its a night game with what could be ordinary weather, my money is on Robbo coming in for Murphy.

Nth to start favourites.....I think Henderson will find himself with two opponents most of the night and it may be up to players like Garlett, Betts etc to kick a winning score..