Skip to main content
Topic: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations) (Read 29315 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations)

Reply #15
Judd the intelligent clearance machine along with Buckley and Lucas for the run at the MCG.
It will be a rugged and dure game a real ripper and we may just pull off an upset. 
Go Baggers
Ciao

Lucas? No. Bring in Cachia, he's due for a good run
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #16
Season is all but shot now, take some risks and go for speed. Suggestions of dropping Armfield are crazy IMO. I reckon the side needs a few more tweaks to Fri nights team. Judd a certainty, Graham and Cachia best again, bring one or both in also. What do we have to lose?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Season is all but shot now, take some risks and go for speed. Suggestions of dropping Armfield are crazy IMO. I reckon the side needs a few more tweaks to Fri nights team. Judd a certainty, Graham and Cachia best again, bring one or both in also. What do we have to lose?

Our culture apparently. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
Season is all but shot now, take some risks and go for speed. Suggestions of dropping Armfield are crazy IMO.

Speed is useless if you spend all day chasing.
Hawthorn's midfield isn't quick but they are hard, skilled and experienced, if all our mids play to their best I can see McLean, Murphy, Judd and Gibbs at least breaking even if Warnock can get first hands on the ball which he should.
Our big problem has been marks inside 50, Henderson and Waite really need to lift.
This is our best chance against Hawthorn for a long time, even though they're sitting near the top of the ladder they're missing several key players and if Hale and McEvoy both miss again next week a win gets much more possible, holding Roughead, Gunston, Breust and Rioli to a losing score will be our biggest challenge.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #19
The WCE were pathetic yesterday after the 20 minute mark of the second quarter.

Keep the pressure on these mutha fuccas and we are a chance !!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #20
If you play two slow players in Cachia and Graham then I think having players like Buckley and Armfiled in helps balance the speed ledger.
One of our strengths is our speed through the middle now with Yarran, Walker, Docherty taking the ball from defense and rebounding and I think we need to encourage more of that and have other players with speed who can give us an edge.
I was amazed Buckley was dropped.....I'd be replacing Garlett with Buckley and having SOJ play forward...I reckon he might create and kick a few goals bit like his old man did..

Reply #21
Interesting that we have not mentioned the 'head dropper' as being in danger of loosing his spot.  If the match ups are right, I'd be bringing Buckley back onto the bigger ground.  Juddy, yes, Cachia maybe.

Reply #22
If you play two slow players in Cachia and Graham then I think having players like Buckley and Armfiled in helps balance the speed ledger.
One of our strengths is our speed through the middle now with Yarran, Walker, Docherty taking the ball from defense and rebounding and I think we need to encourage more of that and have other players with speed who can give us an edge.
I was amazed Buckley was dropped.....I'd be replacing Garlett with Buckley and having SOJ play forward...I reckon he might create and kick a few goals bit like his old man did..

Miss you by 90 secs!

Reply #23
Our collecrltive poor foot and hand skills will undo us again....

Reply #24
another bogey side,  cant see us getting home

Reply #25
This game should be our grand final. We are playing the reigning premiers, make a statement.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
Yep I agree, this is a must win, a great yardstick for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
JUst looking at the Jim Park Medal votes, Gibbs, Murphy, Yarran and Thomas all feature heavily. No surprises we pushed the Cats to within a kick. If someone like Waite or Hendo had have been in the best players we would've won by 4 goals IMO. Question is, can these four back it up against the Dawks? Really looking forward to this question being answered.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
These prix are really starting to give me the craps, would love nothing better than to knock them off. Would do our confidence a world of good.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29
Just got a sneaking suspicion that we might see Rowe start up forward and Hendo down back.  Sam is gaining confidence and actually taking marks while Hendo needs to refocus himself.  Looking after someone else might help him regain his confidence and if for some reason either or both don't work, just swap them.
(Rowe knows how to kick a goal too).