Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping) (Read 27713 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping)

Reply #15
I thought Cachia had been playing well in th seconds and had his first game back after injury this week

He'd been OK, but nothing like last season when he dominated at NBs level. But some of this may be down to a change in strategy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Just saw Hendo's lucky bounce goal on my phone, was that Bell doing the shepherd?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Just saw Hendo's lucky bounce goal on my phone, was that Bell doing the shepherd?

Yep, he laid a monster bump right at the death to ensure Hendo ran in to a near open goal. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
If we hadn't of gone to sleep in the second, we would of won by 150 points.

They were terrible in the first quarter, they kept turning it over with such regularity that you could of been excused for thinking our players were wearing Saints jumpers they got hit on the chest so often.

Reply #19
If we hadn't of gone to sleep in the second, we would of won by 150 points.

They were terrible in the first quarter, they kept turning it over with such regularity that you could of been excused for thinking our players were wearing Saints jumpers they got hit on the chest so often.
Agree, the Saints were shocking and their early disposal probably had Riewlot considering his future. Still it was our greatest winning margin over the Saints since 1998 so a nice little milestone for this group. Next week will be a whole different matter.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #20
Johnson again showed that he has something to offer, gotta keep playing the kid, its the only way he will improve.

If Carrazzo has a serious injury, then it is time for Graham to be a given a full match.

I reckon he'll bring in Cachia.

More a defensive mid.

Just in case you weren't aware Cimm, we aren't playing for wins any more, we are playing for a better draft position.

I d be disgusted if that was the case.
That losing mentality got us nowhere last time around.
Both Hawthorn and Geelong, and to a lesser extent North  have shown that you don't need to totally bottom out to build  a good side.

Reply #21
Both Hawthorn and Geelong, and to a lesser extent North  have shown that you don't need to totally bottom out to build  a good side.

Could this be something to do with the 3AW allegation that the Carlton players were telling the Carlton runner to piss off?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22

Those teams have a way better playing list than us so they just keep topping up.

We need to get game time into our younger players (Graham, Johnson, Holman etc) so you have to expect to lose along the way. The upside is we get access to the better credentialed players in the draft. Where's the problem here ??

Reply #23
That should save us from the wooden spoon and hard to complain about an 80+ point win...

Reply #24
I tell you one bloke who wouldn't have enjoyed watching that forward line trio of Henderson, Levi and White combine so well.....Jarrad Waite. Something extraordinary has to happen for him to reclaim his place. All over Jarrad. Reckon Carrazzo needs to reassess his future too.

I actually felt sorry for Riewoldt at times, such was his frustration at some of the horrendous delivery to him. Never seen anything quite like it, my god it was bad.

Warnock....as I said at the game, he's a 206cm vagina. What a poor excuse for a footballer, let alone a ruckman he is. Soft, ineffectual, basically he's a nuisance and nothing more.

Saints were actually more than competitive in the first few rounds of the year, now they are a rabble....and I don't care!!!

May as we'll enjoy this one, as next week could be real ugly.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #25

Could this be something to do with the 3AW allegation that the Carlton players were telling the Carlton runner to piss off?

Today?

Didn't hear that today and I listened to the whole game on AW.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #26
Johnson again showed that he has something to offer, gotta keep playing the kid, its the only way he will improve.

If Carrazzo has a serious injury, then it is time for Graham to be a given a full match.

I reckon he'll bring in Cachia.

More a defensive mid.

Just in case you weren't aware Cimm, we aren't playing for wins any more, we are playing for a better draft position.

I'm the same. By all means play the kids but still try everything to win. Tanking just breeds a losing mentality, poor work ethic and poor culture, which is often hard to bounce back from, as we have found.

Whether one gets pick 5 or pick 6 or 7 makes very little difference. You get something decent. We've had no.1's before only to find there was something better after our no.1's. You used to tank before because of the extra priority pick in the top 5, not simply to gain an extra spot or two.

Reply #27
Today?

It was BT and Richo making the claim, perhaps you tune out to their bullcrap!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Today?

BT is a knob.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #29
Today?

Don't think so.

I would say you're giving too much credence to what was a probably one of their less important observations.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................