Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 56903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #120
At least Eddie was the one to point out how ridiculous the free kick not paid as in the back to Betts was that cost us a goal. Fkn Commetti, MaCavaney and co said not a word. They actually applauded the play by the North player! What a bunch of stooges they ALWAYS support North against us on a Friday night.

King the absolute tool said North would win by 10 goals! Stevie Johnson said Hansen to take 8 intercept marks etc. They were all on the North bandwagon was were most punters with apparently 7 in every 8 bets going on North. Sucked in to the lot of them!

Yeah, he throws us a bone every now and again.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #121
Agree with others re Cachia a dumb choice for substitute. Plays a great game the week before, has pace, has mongrel, uses ball well, versatile, and is one player who could have taken Thomas out of the game I reckon.

Armfield and McLean can go back to the magoos, and let's see what Graham and someone else can do. I reckon Graham is going to be our Daniel Rich.

Didn't think Armfield was too bad, but his zip is lacking.McLean still puts himself in the tough spots but they weren't great, but really no worse than Judd.

Jon Ralph mentioned Murph is getting his knee drained weekly and surely even the harshest Judd critic would agree that there's likely to be a reason he was so bad.

But I'd like to see Graham in the side.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #122
There is obviously a number of players carry injuries, as all clubs have at this time of year.

Armfield and Murphy have lost heaps of pace over the last few weeks. Murphy looks dead slow, Armfield struggles to chase down a ruck.

Judd looked flat as a tack, like he had the lurgy or something.

Carrazzo and McLean both had great work ethics, but just couldn't do anything once they got to the contest. Our midfield was smashed, but only because the umpires refused to pay free for holding.

I cannot believe how many players at the moment are getting tackled before they take possession of the ball, it cannot be an accident it must be a deliberate umpiring decision because it happens across all games.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
"Lance" Gibbs was woeful last night, did anyone else see him half-heartedly chase a North player on the outer wing ?? He was within a metre and a half of the player at the most, the North guy took off, he trotted a handful of steps and then gave up, it was nearly as embarrassing as the Aussies batting last night.

Sorry, I'm completely over Gibbs now, sure he has great disposal (50% of the players in the competition would kill for his goal-kicking accuracy alone) but it's the other parts of his game that are reducing him to that of a serious passenger in the team. If we don't discreetly put the feelers out and see who will give us a decent trade at the end of the year then we clearly have no focus or plan on winning a premiership any time soon. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #124
"Lance" Gibbs was woeful last night, did anyone else see him half-heartedly chase a North player on the outer wing ?? He was within a metre and a half of the player at the most, the North guy took off, he trotted a handful of steps and then gave up, it was nearly as embarrassing as the Aussies batting last night.

Sorry, I'm completely over Gibbs now, sure he has great disposal (50% of the players in the competition would kill for his goal-kicking accuracy alone) but it's the other parts of his game that are reducing him to that of a serious passenger in the team. If we don't discreetly put the feelers out and see who will give us a decent trade at the end of the year then we clearly have no focus or plan on winning a premiership any time soon.

11 disposals was it?  3 of them were turnovers at least. SELL SELL SELL.
He 5hites me to tears like no other. Over rated to the hilt.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #125

His disposal was pretty average last night, apart from that he played a a mainly defensive role and did it well.

He's not for sale and neither is Kreuz so move on.

Reply #126
We were lucky and plucky - lucky in the first quarter that norf were very inaccurate, which kept us in the game. And plucky that we had whatever it takes to take advantage of our luck. We also didn't get shafted by the umps for a change. Someone should bust Razor Ray's other kneecap.

If we could play 4 quarters the way we played the first 3, that would be great. The next step perhaps ?

Reply #127
What would be the odds that Juddy has OP or an adductor strain?  He had a fraction of his normal acceleration, agility and length of kicking.

Reply #128

His disposal was pretty average last night, apart from that he played a a mainly defensive role and did it well.

A genuince KPD for Gibbs? I would take it. I see Gibbs the same way as Yarran. Either show genuine heart or get ready to pack your bags. Given his blatant talent, he has the heart and mongrel of a Mouse. Also see him doing "just enough", never gut runs or see genuine anger. Show Pony. If Melbourne offered Frawley for Gibbs I would say thanks.

I must say that watching MM spray Walker on the sidelines was great to see...never mind his expression when Army was pinged by the refs after making a wonderful tackle. I was waiting for him to do a Clarkson and smash something...loved the anger.
Keep the Faith

Reply #129

A genuince KPD for Gibbs? I would take it. I see Gibbs the same way as Yarran. Either show genuine heart or get ready to pack your bags. Given his blatant talent, he has the heart and mongrel of a Mouse. Also see him doing "just enough", never gut runs or see genuine anger. Show Pony. If Melbourne offered Frawley for Gibbs I would say thanks.

Which part of "untouchable" didn't people understand. MM made it pretty clear that he wasn't  going anywhere, agree with Cimm move on
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #130
What would be the odds that Juddy has OP or an adductor strain?  He had a fraction of his normal acceleration, agility and length of kicking.

Exactly what I thought.

Looked like his last year at the Eagles.

Last week running well and great below his knees, this week could hardly bend and no power

Back maybe?

Reply #131
Two things I got out of last night:
1) Lindsay Thomas and Brent Harvey reiterated what total flogs they are.
b) North fans are funny. They re like dole bludgers who complain about not getting paid enough.

Reply #132
We are not good enough to be dropping players like Brock Mclean. Yeah he can be frustrating at times but he does the tough hard stuff and does have some polish to his play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133

I must say that watching MM spray Walker on the sidelines was great to see...never mind his expression when Army was pinged by the refs after making a wonderful tackle. I was waiting for him to do a Clarkson and smash something...loved the anger.

If Melbourne offered Frawley for Gibbs, I'd show them a photo of my butt hole and tell them to suck hard. No way would I do that trade.

I can only speak for myself, but watching Gibbs on TV seems to be only half the story - reports that one hears are that he's rated for his off the ball work as much as anything. But with the ball in his hands, he stunk it up last night for sure. And yes, his intensity was off last night also, been ok most of this year though.

Reply #134
The North fans should ask their coach why, when they have more talls than we do, he didn't have one or two of them take some of the ruck to give Goldstien a break.

In the end Kreuzers's ability to cover the ground was worth more than a couple of hit outs.

A truly dumb decision.