Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 56622 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #15
Surge in the third quarter attributable 100% to dominating the centre clearances.  HOWEVER, I am now totally convinced that, when we get 3-4 goals up, our players look at the scoreboard and allow themselves a break - physical and mental. No doubt in my mind about that. No doubt at all.

Mick could sense it as well you saw him go crazy when we were 33 points up and the ump paid in the back to North inside 50m. It was like he knew that was the turning point and they'd come back.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
Surge in the third quarter attributable 100% to dominating the centre clearances.  HOWEVER, I am now totally convinced that, when we get 3-4 goals up, our players look at the scoreboard and allow themselves a break - physical and mental. No doubt in my mind about that. No doubt at all.

I think they just panic when they get that far ahead and then the opposition scores. Kicks go slightly off, run to the wrong positions...

Reply #17
I have very mixed feelings about tonights game. I will convert 1 point win to 4 points on the board and that's it. Kreuzer you saved the night. Full stop for now.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18
Kruz hendo and simmo
hold your heads up high

Reply #19
Kruezer was great when the heat was on, and I like the pairing of him with Rowe...the latter ran out the game well and contested everything and while not big on the stat sheet did his part and I thought his ruck work was good and in tandem they broke Goldstein.
This is the pairing we need to go forward with and its a no brainer IMO that they are better footballers than Hampson, Casboult and Warnock.  An example was Rowe getting the ball and kicking long from the wing to Henderson running into goal....none of the other mentioned would have made that kick work for Henderson.
Kruezer took some telling marks and the faith MM has shown in him is being repaid.

The other part of the structure equation is Watson and McInnes....its a no brainer as well that these two have to play down back and allow Henderson to go up forward.
I also think its time to move on from Jarrod Waite and not build a forward line around one player anymore, Henderson is more team focussed IMO and when he gets the ball good things usually happen...

Credit to Yarran....was lousy in the 1st half and half ar$ed but got busy after half time and took a brave mark to kick an important goal...

Garlett also worked hard and earned his goals unlike Thomas who cherry picked half of his...

Lucas....showed some guts tonight and while not having huge stats put the body on the line in some contests and thats progress...he could be agood player if he can keep that level of intensity up...

Touhy...got to love those goals he kicks and the agro he provides.....

Curnow....did the job on his man and got some footy....couple of goals but needs to watch his kicking.

Armfield.......love his contesting and pace but his field kicking isnt great and that goal he missed that he should have kicked shows he might be a fringe player when MM builds a stronger squad.

Gibbs....some woeful disposals but i didnt think Zeibell was anything special either....

Judd...off night but in the last 15 minutes won some good ball and lifted like the good player he is...

Kade Simpson.....BOG for me.....brave and has become that small running defender we have tried to recruit... showing leadership and his 2nd and 3rd effort in contests is
setting the bar high for his teammates to follow....

Enjoyable win and a turning point for the club IMO...MM coached well and got his matchups right.....Brad Scott will whinge because thats what he does best and I cant wait for his latest excuse...

Reply #20
Phew  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Tap, tap, tap.....writers block. that's all I can do tonight. Will watch the replay before adding comments.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #22
Well you all know I've had my issues with Simpson, but whatever Mick has done or said to him has worked..  Playing him off the backline is a pure master stroke..

I gave him BOG last week (which may surprise a few) and I'll give it to him again this week.. Infact i'll go as far as saying that he was crucial in so many moments in the last half which saved us from getting scored against.. He was brilliant and saved our a55.. I have that much confidence in him now when he gets the ball, and I back him in to win the ball in every 50/50 contest he goes in.. There was one against Harvey which stood out and one in the last 1/4.. He is giving his all and busting his a55 and thats all we can ever ask..
Well done Simmo.. You are finally becoming a favourite, just dont fall back into old habbits.. ;)

I thought Hendo was brilliant... This guy is special..

Jamo... WTF???? Worst game Ive seen you play.. Yes we all know Petrie always pulls your pants down, but thats no excuse to cough the ball up when you finally get it, over and over and over again.. Worst game of yours EVER..

Jeffy = Special..
Yazz = sensational
Betts = Getting his form back to where it should be..

Kreuzer started off Horrid.. Fumbled, slipped and looked unco in the 1st half and then came out in the 2nd half a different man..   We want more of the 2nd half kreuzer.. He was great...

Thought Lucas was great in the 1st half..

2E is fantastic with ball in hand.. Anywhere within 50.. Put it in the book..

Wattos mark was great..

Rowe was invisible..

Walker looked to have had about 4 of Thomas's goals kicked on him.. Mick wasnt happy..

Army get your form back mate.. Please..

Curnow, very good game and slotted a couple of nice ones..

Scotto looks very slow these days, but in the 3rd 1/4 had it on a string..

Carrazzo did a few nice things but was quietish from what i saw..

Mclean did some nice things but was right to be subbed in the last as we needed pace..

Judd and Murph not really ever in it although Judd got  bit more of it late, but missed the goal....

Gibbs nice job on Zieblel, but when are we going to see the likes of Ziebel have to tag Gibbs.. I wanted Gibbs sent forward and drag Ziebel with him..

We are forking very lucky to get away with that game..

Reply #23
Enjoyable win and a turning point for the club IMO...MM coached well and got his matchups right.....Brad Scott will whinge because thats what he does best and I cant wait for his latest excuse...
haha "Why did they close the roof? Footy's supposed to be a wet weather sport. I cannot believe they closed the roof!"  ;D
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #24
Well Well Well. We won when we  should've really slaughtered them. We were going to at one stage and I remember thinking that I haven't seen Carlton win like this since I can remember but we didn't, did we. Ahh well.

Great to see Mick so happy  in the after match interview. He likes Curnow, someone he reckons just goes and goes. You can see why he got back into coaching, like a dedicated school teacher when you take the kids away from them,,,, lost.

Reply #25
Well Well Well. We won when we  should've really slaughtered them. We were going to at one stage and I remember thinking that I haven't seen Carlton win like this since I can remember but we didn't, did we. Ahh well.

Great to see Mick so happy  in the after match interview. He likes Curnow, someone he reckons just goes and goes. You can see why he got back into coaching, like a dedicated school teacher when you take the kids away from them,,,, lost.

An extremely cool $1M per season may have also helped him reignite his "passion."

Reply #26
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #27
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Theres no way on earth he was worse than Jammo.. He was absolutely shocking... Sh1t himself with the ball at one stage and handballed it straight back to a north player.. He was aweful tonight..

Reply #28
Well you all know I've had my issues with Simpson, but whatever Mick has done or said to him has worked..  Playing him off the backline is a pure master stroke..

I gave him BOG last week (which may surprise a few) and I'll give it to him again this week.. Infact i'll go as far as saying that he was crucial in so many moments in the last half which saved us from getting scored against.. He was brilliant and saved our a55.. I have that much confidence in him now when he gets the ball, and I back him in to win the ball in every 50/50 contest he goes in.. There was one against Harvey which stood out and one in the last 1/4.. He is giving his all and busting his a55 and thats all we can ever ask..
Well done Simmo.. You are finally becoming a favourite, just dont fall back into old habbits.. ;)

I thought Hendo was brilliant... This guy is special..

Jamo... WTF???? Worst game Ive seen you play.. Yes we all know Petrie always pulls your pants down, but thats no excuse to cough the ball up when you finally get it, over and over and over again.. Worst game of yours EVER..

Jeffy = Special..
Yazz = sensational
Betts = Getting his form back to where it should be..

Kreuzer started off Horrid.. Fumbled, slipped and looked unco in the 1st half and then came out in the 2nd half a different man..   We want more of the 2nd half kreuzer.. He was great...

Thought Lucas was great in the 1st half..

2E is fantastic with ball in hand.. Anywhere within 50.. Put it in the book..

Wattos mark was great..

Rowe was invisible..

Walker looked to have had about 4 of Thomas's goals kicked on him.. Mick wasnt happy..

Army get your form back mate.. Please..

Curnow, very good game and slotted a couple of nice ones..

Scotto looks very slow these days, but in the 3rd 1/4 had it on a string..

Carrazzo did a few nice things but was quietish from what i saw..

Judd and Murph not really ever in it although Judd got  bit more of it late, but missed the goal....

Gibbs nice job on Zieblel, but when are we going to see the likes of Ziebel have to tag Gibbs.. I wanted Gibbs sent forward and drag Ziebel with him..

We are forking very lucky to get away with that game..

Jamie..Agree on Scotland....coming to the end, doesnt have the zip to get away these days and is relying on his smarts, still handy but this should be his last season.

Jamo....couple of mistakes and I thought he got a good go of the umpires as well as he was hanging on most of the night, Petrie is a big unit though and the degree of difficulty is high matching him up.

Rowe...dont agree, rucked well in his secondary role and I thought hit the packs hard and didnt allow many marks to be taken by Nth defenders and this helped the amigos, commentators also acknowledged his work in this area.

Reply #29
Jammo certainly was bad.  He has no pace this year and obviously hates playing N.M.  He gets a bath every time.  His fumbling tonight was especially bad, but at least he tries.  Watson is an absolute NO-TRIER!

Elwood you mention Watson's mark.  Well done, it was his only highlight and as I said, he was in the vicinity so he had a chance.