Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 56784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #30
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I thought he was OK. I don't think his man kicked too many goal and he has poise under pressure. His mark in the third quarter was top shelf.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
That was a very very important win.
Bogey team who were really really fired up and playing at a ground we hate.

Also we had almost no input from the midfield.

Judd looked like he was wearing cement shoes.

Good win and don't worry about not holding a lead, this is the year for it. Well be better next time we at in a similar position.

Still think Cachia as sub was silly.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #32
re: Watson...kid is learning the caper and that mark he took going back was gold when it mattered.......got a quick kick to Judd when off balance that was also a gem.
He has some skill IMO and would be in my team next week...he gives us a big frame down back and fills some space.
Carlisle was a dud for Essendon and Reid the same for Collingwood but matured....out of Mitchell, McCarthy etc he has shown more IMO and we are a more flexible team when he plays...

Reply #33
Watson was not flash, but he beat his man, his huge torp resulted in a goal - highlight for me, and he took that great contested mark - certainly a pass tonight - was definitely better than last week.
Maybe its a confidence thing, and if he gets a run at it will get confidence, then react with good judgement a bit more naturally. ATM he looks like he is thinking his way through things rather than reacting.

Reply #34

Jamie..Agree on Scotland....coming to the end, doesnt have the zip to get away these days and is relying on his smarts, still handy but this should be his last season.

Jamo....couple of mistakes and I thought he got a good go of the umpires as well as he was hanging on most of the night, Petrie is a big unit though and the degree of difficulty is high matching him up.

Rowe...dont agree, rucked well in his secondary role and I thought hit the packs hard and didnt allow many marks to be taken by Nth defenders and this helped the amigos, commentators also acknowledged his work in this area.

Yeah my anger at Jammo is not how Petrie played on him, (as Petrie is a monster and seems to set himself for us), it was Jammos use of the ball and some stupid errors.. He had a loose ball 15m out by himself and couldnt pick it up and ended up turning it over... That was just one clanger from many that made me lose my sh1t  :o..

I will agree with Rowes rucking.. He did his job there, but was a total different forward to what he showed last week....

Reply #35
Good win. All Wins are good.
I was out, watched the scores on the phone.
The Blues forged ahead when it was important, while North kicked poorly
The last part it was the opposite, North kicked Six/One we kicked Two/Seven.
All through the game, North had the better stats- so much better that it is hard to believe Carlton won.
But they did !
Beauty !!

Reply #36
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
NSIS  Possibly worst post ever.
"When the truth comes out, I think you will find that I will be in a very good position."
Lance Hird 13/04/13

Reply #37
Awww fawwk yeah !!! So stoked !!

Swear Jar got a caning tonight.

I'll say this though Jamo is really starting to worry me. Is he becoming a liability?

Reply #38
As I pointed out Elwood he took that mark because he was in the vicinity.  He is an absolute dud!  He can have all the skills about the place but he has to GET the ball not wait for it to be handed to him.  And his lack of pace and intensity is incredible.

Choo, name all his highlights for the game.  If you can reach two you are doing well.  Don't make a remark about a post without backing up your own comment.

Reply #39
It's nice to get the win against a bit of a bogey side, however, letting go of a 30+ point lead .....

Our forwards did well, Rowe was quieter than last week but I was still happy with his game, all the others contributed really well.

Our midfield was a bit ho hum, probably beaten overall on the night, although Kreuzer probably won his position.

Jammo had an off night, but I thought the rest of our defenders did quite well, I thought quite a few of their goals scored were due to poor midfield and stoppage work.

I'm of the opinion that we still lack good on field leadership. There is a big difference between leading by example and being the kind of person/leader that would inspire you to follow him into battle and die for him or his cause.

Juddy and Murph set a great example, but they are not the Braveheart/Hodge style leader that will lead their team into battle, and stand strong when things aren't going their way.
Just my thoughts.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #40
Watson was not flash, but he beat his man, his huge torp resulted in a goal - highlight for me, and he took that great contested mark - certainly a pass tonight - was definitely better than last week.
Maybe its a confidence thing, and if he gets a run at it will get confidence, then react with good judgement a bit more naturally. ATM he looks like he is thinking his way through things rather than reacting.

Watson must have covered Black or Tarrant. Neither kicked a goal from memory so its a win for him tonight. He is a little lazy to hit a body at times when there is a ball up in our defensive 50m, but maybe as Elwood has stated before with a hard pre-season he could drop 3 to 5 kilos an be faster on his feet.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #41
Big critic of Watson.

Thought he was good tonight. Kept his opponent goalless and did some real cool things.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #42
Hendo's a revelation.  I had him in the plodder's category, but he showed some impressive agility and mobility to go with his marking ability.  When he came to us, he wasn't a good forward option but he most certainly is now. 

Hopefully, the 2nd half effort by Kreuzer (leaving aside the lamentable shot for goal when we were only a point up) shows Kreuzer has turned the corner and will help us dominate the midfield from now on. He was brilliant against a pretty good tap ruckman.

Simmo was brilliant and tough off half-back.

But what's up with Juddy? 

And why did we take off Dirty rather than Juddy if we wanted to bring Cachia on?

And thanks Blueboys for bringing home my 3.80 line and total points bet. 

Reply #43
Harsh
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44
As I pointed out Elwood he took that mark because he was in the vicinity.  He is an absolute dud!  He can have all the skills about the place but he has to GET the ball not wait for it to be handed to him.  And his lack of pace and intensity is incredible.

Choo, name all his highlights for the game.  If you can reach two you are doing well.  Don't make a remark about a post without backing up your own comment.
I thought from what I saw tonight he seemed to read the play a bit better and got himself to the contest. I need to have a look at the replay though.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........