Skip to main content
Topic: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators) (Read 56792 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 17 : Blues Defeat Kangaroos (After-Match Defibrillators)

Reply #46
Watch for his trot Goat.

Reply #47
Juddy and Murph set a great example, but they are not the Braveheart/Hodge style leader that will lead their team into battle, and stand strong when things aren't going their way.
Just my thoughts.

Hendo is... Some of the sh1t he did in that last 1/4 gave me an eye orgasm...  He has leadership and Braveheart written all over him..

Reply #48
How did Hendo spot his teammate when avoiding the tackle in the last quarter when he only had 0.003 of a second to do so?

Reply #49
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Harsh
We know he has a great left peg but the ironic part about this guy is that to me, the thing we criticise him most for is is lack of intensity but it is abit of a weapon for him in a strange kind of way. He just doesnt panic, he doesnt have a pulse I reckon. I dunno I cant work him out. Something tells me MM should just keep persisting with him maybe, FIIK!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Worst on Ground?  Watson.    >:D >:D >:D   Should never get another game.  Can anyone remember him using any intensity over the last couple of weeks?  He can only gain possession when he is the immediate vicinity.  He cannot GET the ball!  Never helps out.  Runs , no, make that TROTS beside the opposition.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

absolute rot

Reply #51
Watch for his trot Goat.
Yes agree he needs to show more intensity, what I'm saying though that he seemed to be getting to the contest in time to influence the outcome a bit more tonight. Just an observation and agree he has a lot more to do before being in the best 22. If he makes it. Mick gave his last week game a big wrap so he must be doing what MM wants him to do.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #52
As I pointed out Elwood he took that mark because he was in the vicinity.  He is an absolute dud!  He can have all the skills about the place but he has to GET the ball not wait for it to be handed to him.  And his lack of pace and intensity is incredible.

Choo, name all his highlights for the game.  If you can reach two you are doing well.  Don't make a remark about a post without backing up your own comment.

I'm guessing you must mean Shane Watson.

Our Watson was solid, showing something, hasn't never let anyone down when he' s played seniors. If you're up in arms tonight then we can safely ignore anything you have to say about Watson.

Reply #53
Juddy and Murph set a great example, but they are not the Braveheart/Hodge style leader that will lead their team into battle, and stand strong when things aren't going their way.
Just my thoughts.

Hendo is... Some of the sh1t he did in that last 1/4 gave me an eye orgasm...  He has leadership and Braveheart written all over him..

should have been a candidate for captain (said this 4 months ago)

Reply #55
As I pointed out Elwood he took that mark because he was in the vicinity.  He is an absolute dud!  He can have all the skills about the place but he has to GET the ball not wait for it to be handed to him.  And his lack of pace and intensity is incredible.

Choo, name all his highlights for the game.  If you can reach two you are doing well.  Don't make a remark about a post without backing up your own comment.

Second game for the year and a young key position player. He shows real poise under pressure and rarely makes mistakes, but can lack intensity at times. his torpedo, handpasses in traffic and pinpoint passing, plus of course that outstanding mark under real pressure was fantastic.

Your post is a dud.

Reply #56
Just my thoughts.

Can't say I saw anything myself, but if he's got that kind of leadership in him, give him the captaincy.   ;)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #57

Watson Highlights: Mark in the 3rd  Quarter. Watson's kick to Judd in the 3rd Quarter. Watson's kick in from full back. Watson's oponents' 0 goals.
have to say your comment above is incredible
"When the truth comes out, I think you will find that I will be in a very good position."
Lance Hird 13/04/13

Reply #58
Was great to be on the right end of a close match.

Not a great contribution from Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and Carazzo tonight, so to get up was encouraging. So many questions tonight. When is this midfield group going to click? Are we better with Robinson and Bell around the ball? Is Brock really giving us something? What is the best use of Scotland?

Walker's contribution off half back seems to be waning and I'd seriously consider moving him to a HFF or wing role for the next couple of games and push Yarran back, to freshen things up.

I'd also consider bringing Casboult into the side, as whilst Rowe is bringing the ball to ground we really lack Casboult's attack in a marking contest.

Reply #59
Are people influenced too much by statistics?

Watson's man was Robbie Tarrant for anyone in doubt, I mentioned in my discussions prior to the game that it was always likely to be him, but that I thought North should have played Daw instead, I also think if they did... they would have won this game.

Watson was so far behind Tarrant on the lead  tonight that it was embarrassing. I was sitting with a North mate and pointed out the contest before the game, but both agreed that it was unlikely Tarrant would be able to exploit it, because if he gets a free hit at a contested pack mark he is going to reach in to mark, or turn away, because he severely lacks the fortitude required to put a body into the contest, he also is only an average mark anyway and when he kicks a few goals it is often with great kicks, which he is.

I think Tarrant created plenty of chances to influence the game and very little that Watson done had any  influence on Tarrant not taking those chances.

Now I have said negative things about Watson before, so perhaps this comes across as biased.... But I absolutely think he had a poor game, it would be akin to saying in the first half McInnes beat Black... nope Black's horrific kicking beat himself. I do think McInnes was better in the 2nd half and the same goes for Watson.

Jamo did make some really stupid mistakes and that bothered me and I also think that Tuohy on Thomas was a bit of a silly mistake, though in fairness Walker did no better. It might have been better to bring back in an Armfield type to play that role...

To Tuohy's credit though, he did look good on multiple occasions with the ball in his hand, I wonder if he just might end up  playing a tough midfield role at some stage.

Yarran was playing on a young kid still in Taylor Hine and didn't dominate him, but he certainly had a real impact on contests, there was an embarrassing moment I hope MM doesn't let slip though where he should have beaten Grima at ground level and was basically just swatted away. He did however go at the ball a lot harder and chased and tackled.

Garlett looked a threat all night without actually ripping it open, but it was a good game off footy by him also I though.

Betts... could have easily had 3-4 goals, but in the end was the equal least influential Carlton forward (with Sam Rowe).

Hendo.... Monster game again and seriously outpointed his opponent (Pretty sure that was Grima for a large part, but might have been Thommo), basically any time the ball was kicked to a 3-1 (which btw was bloody often) Hendo halved or won the contest,  looks like he just might develop into a very very good footballer does Hendo.

Kreuzer - Comfortably beaten in the ruck for the majority, but Carlton come hard in that regards in the 2nd half and Kreuzer had exponentially more influence than Goldstein, despite any tap differential.

Curnow - Played well for a lot of the game and kicked a couple of important goals at a time we really needed them, only criticism is that his vision was terrible in the last (pretty sure it was Curnow) when he ran towards 50 and we had Garlett running in from the right and kick over to him was a goal, instead he crossed it to the other side of the park and we didn't score. North took the ball up with their next possession and began their run of goals. I think that would have sealed the game and put us maybe around 40 points up
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL