Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 30980 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #60
Dont see the love for Tutt...a dud of the highest order, picked up some easy kicks vs some equally qualified spuds wearing Melbourne jumpers and panicked nearly everytime he was put under even moderate pressure with the exception of one left foot pass to Everitt The only reason I would play him is to secure a bottom two position....

Agreed, Tutt is that guy who is going to kill momentum and team-spirit. He wants to play AFL, but as soon as he gets the pill he offloads it like it's a red hot rock, usually selling a team-mate into trouble before complaining that they didn't give him the pill back. I'd be giving him the pill back quickly and frequently so that he either learns the error of his ways or retires early!

Assuming Byrne and Sheahan can get fit which allows some on-field reshuffling Tutt has no future at Carlton. Further to play Tutt means Murphy has to be in the guts on the inside and I know which player I'd rather have running hard outside and finishing, it ain't Tutt!

Armfield, Graham and others are a mile ahead of Tutt as an option.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Jeesus.... I just said Tutt played well, I didn't say sign him up for 5 years. ::)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
If this game was "The Battle for the Rising Star" you'd be embarrased to give it to Hogan

Reply #63
Jeesus.... I just said Tutt played well, I didn't say sign him up for 5 years. ::)

Well we already have him for another two anyway!

FWIW you can't fault his effort, just not good enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
Well we already have him for another two anyway!

FWIW you can't fault his effort, just not good enough.

Not quite 2 years PITC, we signed him on a 2 year deal so he has a year left in 2016. The one we have locked away long term is Jones on a 4 year deal...heaven help us!!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #65

He obviously has some footy smarts, he knows the positions to get too, his execution and thought processes once he is near the ball is shocking.

He did play OK yesterday, but that's about his level of opposition i think as he is quite a good VFL player.

@PI2C Not sure what you didnt like about Whiley, was in an around the contest all day and made really smart decisions (kick to space and let Walker run onto it). He reminds me a little of Priddis (not jsut the hair) and needs time to play these last two games (not as sub!). I'm backing him in, i think he'll be a good player.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #66
With Whiley, compare his play in the magoos to his first team efforts and the difference seems to be confidence.

In the magoos he's aggressive and takes more responsibility, in the ones he's just second guessing himself ATM. Not really attacking the football. But he's improving quickly.

My fave from yesterday was Boek. He'll never be a collision football mega star, but he does some things you can't teach or defend.

If the cap goes to 80 rotations next year and he gets a bigger tank, look the screw out!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #67
Not quite 2 years PITC, we signed him on a 2 year deal so he has a year left in 2016. The one we have locked away long term is Jones on a 4 year deal...heaven help us!!
??? Four yrs? Thought it was 3 yr deal? And that was bad enough. Anyone confirm?

Reply #68
With Whiley, compare his play in the magoos to his first team efforts and the difference seems to be confidence.

In the magoos he's aggressive and takes more responsibility, in the ones he's just second guessing himself ATM. Not really attacking the football. But he's improving quickly.

My fave from yesterday was Boek. He'll never be a collision football mega star, but he does some things you can't teach or defend.

If the cap goes to 80 rotations next year and he gets a bigger tank, look the screw out!!

Hmm i haven't committed either way with BB apart from thinking we probably could have nabbed him a bit later than pick 21, but he certainly has some tricks and twice he competed 1 on 1 Against Mcdonald when for some reason we kicked to him one out in the goal square and broke even. Allowed Cripps to Goal from the resulting stoppage.

The 80m run hopefully showed him, when he is tired he just has to keep going, and he backed himself and even took a bounce before a very sensible kick even though his legs were screaming. Little things like that can help a player grow.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #69
??? Four yrs? Thought it was 3 yr deal? And that was bad enough. Anyone confirm?

My bad, 3 year contract, only 2 years to go!!!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #70
Hmm i haven't committed either way with BB apart from thinking we probably could have nabbed him a bit later than pick 21, but he certainly has some tricks and twice he competed 1 on 1 Against Mcdonald when for some reason we kicked to him one out in the goal square and broke even. Allowed Cripps to Goal from the resulting stoppage.

The 80m run hopefully showed him, when he is tired he just has to keep going, and he backed himself and even took a bounce before a very sensible kick even though his legs were screaming. Little things like that can help a player grow.

Did you see the one where it looked like he wanted to stop but Docherty waved him to keep running and receive? ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #71
Can the mods delete this post.

Bignic started well with 4 negatives (after a win) but then said one or two positive things. Obviously his account has been hacked.????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #72
@PI2C Not sure what you didnt like about Whiley, was in an around the contest all day and made really smart decisions (kick to space and let Walker run onto it). He reminds me a little of Priddis (not jsut the hair) and needs time to play these last two games (not as sub!). I'm backing him in, i think he'll be a good player.

That bit of play was what I didn't like. He got the ball in space and had he turned around straight away he would've hit Walker in the goal square but just took far too long to face the goals and by the time he did he had to put Walker into space in the pocket. He literally looked sideways, ran sideways and then straightened up. Had to be at the ground to see that one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73
Barker's face after the siren was classic stuff. Looked like he was about to be called into the manager's office

Reply #74

This.  This is IT.  So many of our problems stem from lack of run and accountability*.  Legs screaming from lactic acid build up? Want a breather but still need to run and chase?  :'( :'( :'(

Too many Navy Princesses over the last 10 years think this is unusual.  The top teams know this is the norm.  Forget about Colorado.  Send them down to the Portsea sand dunes and get them to run up and down till they puke. Then get them to do it faster, carrying weights, backwards.

* That and a serious lack of skill. But that's another story.
Keyboard warrior #24601