Skip to main content
Topic: Crystal Ball  (Read 12535 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Crystal Ball

Reply #16
Win about the same number of games and get hammered in plenty....we could also have the lowest percentage ever recorded given we lack goalkickers....

I know you were joking, but I wondered what it would take to do that.
St. Kilda had a completed season percentage of 23.22%.
So what would it take if we were say 5% worse than the worst attack of the last 20 years and we ended up with a percantage of 23.21%

It wasn't very pretty  ;D

The lowest "For" score in the last 20 seasons was comfortably 1270 by GWS.
Even Fitzroy and Melbourne were over 1400 and when we got the spoons were were over 1600.
So if we were to bottom out and be 5% worse, we would score 1206 points for the season.

If we look at the against required to give our percent at 23.21% that would mean our opponents would kick 5196 points

That would mean our average game each week next year would be...

Carlton 8.7.55
Whoever 36.20.236

That would make for a very long season indeed  ;D

The upside is the AFL might give us a special 4th round priority pick to help us out.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #17
What's Carlton's worst percentage? I think we gave our worst for 20 years a shake last year...

Reply #18
Hard to see where our 8 goals per week are going to come from...

Reply #19
What's Carlton's worst percentage? I think we gave our worst for 20 years a shake last year...

Actually it was our worst for 115 years

Our worst ever is 46.99

Our worst 10 are

Season Percent
2007 74.44 
2006 74.16 
2002 73.13 
2003 66.72 
2015 64.78 
1900 63.07 
1899 59.97 
1897 51.02 
1898 49.53 
1901 46.99 
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #20
Tough years 1897-1900. I'm sure there's some here who remember  :P

Reply #21

Well, we are starting by getting rid of the game plan and coach that didn't consider scoring as an important part of the game plan! ;)

The Force Awakens!

Reply #23

The upside is the AFL might give us a special 4th round priority pick to help us out.

LOL, pay that !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #24

We get the rebound out of defence and the mids working well and the goals will come.....our delivery into F50 has been so poor for so long it defies belief.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
We get the rebound out of defence and the mids working well and the goals will come.....our delivery into F50 has been so poor for so long it defies belief.
The work rate of our mids has been below standard also. The mids hold the key, they need to work harder up and down the ground and defend better. What Cripps did last summer was build himself into the modern midfielder by improving his speed a little but with high endurance. Its what you do when you don't have the ball that counts also. We are good at getting it, but bad at getting it back via pressure and structures. If the mids allow easy ball out of the middle time and time again, the defenders are under too much pressure no matter who you have there. BB will address this I believe.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
I don't fear the work rate from most of the players and especially the mids. I hold the coaches accountable to the work rate they will force onto the entire playing group, and expect a completely different attitude from our guys in 2015. They will want to work because they need to hold a place in the top 22. No more passengers.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
I don't fear the work rate from most of the players and especially the mids. I hold the coaches accountable to the work rate they will force onto the entire playing group, and expect a completely different attitude from our guys in 2015. They will want to work because they need to hold a place in the top 22. No more passengers.

It's going to be very interesting to see who does and who doesn't survive BB's first year. Ikon Park I think is going to be a very different place from now on.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Tough years 1897-1900. I'm sure there's some here who remember  :P

You forgot 1901 IOT.  By golly that was a hard season to watch  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
You forgot 1901 IOT.  By golly that was a hard season to watch  ;)
It probably was. But by 1906, things had changed to what we wanted. I wonder if it will take that long this time around?
Live Long and Prosper!