Skip to main content
Topic: Bolton's Bolter? (Read 11192 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bolton's Bolter?

Reply #15
Whiley is my nomination.

If they can find a way to get Jaksch on the park playing regular senior footy, that would be a huge win too.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #16
While his bum points south Jones won't be a footballer.

NG can kick a goal - not a strength of our team. I like him moving between wing / half forward. An important role.

Kerridge is a no-brainer at this stage but I'd love to see a couple of the GWS boys come good - Jaksch & Lamb.

Reply #17
Good thread.

Dale Thomas.

Reply #18
While his bum points south Jones won't be a footballer.

NG can kick a goal - not a strength of our team. I like him moving between wing / half forward. An important role.

Kerridge is a no-brainer at this stage but I'd love to see a couple of the GWS boys come good - Jaksch & Lamb.

I can see Jones doing Jacko style donkey kicks . . . no, on second thoughts I really can't  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Clem Smith.

I am hopeful that Dale Thomas will also bolt. now that he's free from the shackles of coach-enmeshment, and fit.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #20
Hopefully one of the GWS boys can take the step that thrusts them into the status of an elite footballer. Jaksch, Plowman, Phillips, Sumner, Lamb or Whiley. We get one and it's a win but I believe we can do better than that.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #21
Daisey and Plowman.

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #22
BB for mine. His run, carry and deliver style will be much suited to Bolts game plan.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
Daisey and Plowman.

Plowman's an interesting one - and lagely flown under the radar - hip surgery in late '15 - no doubt set him back to a degree.

But taken at #3 in his draft (2012) so must have some serious ability - see below for a list of some others in the 2012 first round eg Wines, Stringer, Menzel, Jaksch. Listed on the Giants' web site at 193cm, 91kg. Good size.

With a terrific ability to win the contested ball in the air and at ground level, Plowman is a poised player with good decision-making skills.
- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/lachlan-plowman#sthash.tcfIFV6a.dpuf

So he can play KPP, certainly as 3rd defender. A lot of (hopefully) not career altering injuries thus far in his career.

He said it: “He's a very, very good player. Key defenders are hard to find and he's just a ripper kid who is very optimistic. He's a good kick and he seems to make impeccable decisions.”

- A GWS scout speaking to the Herald Sun prior to Plowman being drafted.

What we can expect: The highly rated Plowman could slot straight into Carlton’s back six in 2016, particularly given Lachie Henderson’s departure. He has a terrific ability to win the ball in the air and at ground level, along with poise and good decision-making skills. He has drawn comparisons to three-time Geelong premiership player Andrew Mackie.

Will 2016 be cruelled by his late start?

The 2012 top 12 (shows how highly Plowman was rated):

1 GWS: LACHIE WHITFIELD, 18, Dandenong Stingrays (Vic), midfielder, 184cm, 77kg
2. GWS: JONATHAN O'ROURKE, 18, Calder Cannons (Vic), midfielder, 183cm, 73kg
3. GWS: LACHIE PLOWMAN, 18, Calder Cannons (Vic), defender, 192cm, 84kg
4. MELBOURNE: JIMMY TOUMPAS, 18, Woodville-West Torrens (SA), midfielder, 182cm, 78kg
5. WESTERN BULLDOGS: JAKE STRINGER, 18, Bendigo Pioneers (Vic), forward, 190cm, 93kg
6. WESTERN BULLDOGS: JACKSON MACRAE, 18, Oakleigh Chargers (Vic), midfielder, 188cm, 78kg
7. PORT ADELAIDE: OLIVER WINES, 18, Bendigo Pioneers (Vic), midfielder, 188cm, 90kg
8. BRISBANE LIONS: SAM MAYES, 18, North Adelaide (SA), forward, 187cm, 78kg
9. RICHMOND: NICK VLASTUIN, 18, Northern Knights (Vic), midfielder/defender, 186cm, 85kg
10. ESSENDON: JOE DANIHER, 18, Calder Cannons (Vic), forward/ruckman, 201cm, 89kg (father-son selection)
11. CARLTON: TROY MENZEL, 18, Central District (SA), forward/midfielder, 186cm, 77kg
12. GWS: KRISTIAN JAKSCH, 18, Oakleigh Chargers (Vic), forward/defender, 194cm, 83kg

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2012-afl-draft-the-order-of-selection-20121122-29sad.html#ixzz417ZyA9zs
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
Howard Kotton from AFL.com.au reckons it will be PI2C's Nick Graham:

In his fourth season Nick Graham appears ready to take the next step in his development. The blond midfielder has recovered from a foot problem that caused him to miss the last nine games in 2015 and has been impressive in the Blues' two NAB Challenge matches this year. The 2012 Morrish medallist, 21, struggled to have an impact under former coach Mick Malthouse, being one of the emergencies on three occasions and starting substitute once early last season. But he flourished once given an opportunity in the midfield by interim coach John Barker after several superb performances for the Northern Blues in the VFL. The former Gippsland Under 18s player has an excellent work ethic and generally picks the right option. He is out of contract at the end of this season and will be keen to make his mark early. - Howard Kotton 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
Howard Kotton from AFL.com.au reckons it will be PI2C's Nick Graham:

No doubt if he can get a decent run at it injury free.

I think that is the key for many of our list, get a decent injury free go and we should see form, skills, confidence and consistency improve.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Wasn't convinced re. Nick G at first but I really think he has started to show something as his time with us has progressed. I think he will become a very handy player and will complement Cripps very well in our midfield. I also  like the fact that he will not be pushed around and is prepared to fly the flag when needed.

Despite all of that though, I would love our bolter to be Levi as that's where we really need one!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
I certainly agree about Nick Graham.
Starting to look like a very very handy player.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #28
I certainly agree about Nick Graham.
Starting to look like a very very handy player.

The last decade has been tough for young midfielders at Carlton. Coached by a previous Carlton midfield great resulting in high expectations, judged relative to Judd, Murphy and Carrazzo, coached by a defensive coach who wanted stoppages and shutdowns.

Now it seems they have a coach prepared to strike a better balance, and have lost that almost unobtainable expectation to match it with Judd.
The Force Awakens!