Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 56377 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Post Game Pleasure/pain: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #60
Let's not underplay Kreuzer's shocking efforts up forward too.....

What do you expect from a ruckmen, he is a ruckmen isn't he?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Here's another scenario for you, could it be that thousands of members have finally had enough and/or simply fatigued by it all. Winning will help but I suspect many want to see if the club is genuine about it - i.e. they don't trust them any more (Malthouse was the last straw after Rattan). The recruiting nightmare of the last 15 or more years has nothing to do with Bolton, neither did the poor to non existent development of players.

Carlton either gets this right or hands back the keys. For mine it's Bolton or bust.

We're now on Rebuild Road and there's no going back. We have GOT to find our way along it with BB at the steering wheel, helped by SOS supplying the crew. From what I saw tonight I have faith we'll be successful - at this stage I'm not even contemplating failure at all.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
you've read the situation at the minute incorrectly.
The results are meaningless at this juncture. The endeavor, development, and willingness to commit from the younger
players is everything. That is happening. The board realize now the hard way. There is no quick fix.
This coach is building a bond with the new generation, some fkwit on the executive breaks that, im really done with this club , and so will about 30k members

x2
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #63
Kerridge needs to hit the scoreboard like he did in the NAB.

Reply #65

Buckley's a worry in terms of where to play him. Is it good enough to hold down a position if your main role is merely to "harass"?

No.

Buckley is better suited as a running defender - Sumner showed much more defensive and physical pressure than Buckley and kicked a couple of goals too.

Reply #66
I feel that a couple of people here need to barrack for the tigers.

If anyone thought this was going to be a one year/one draft rebuild doesnt understand what position we started from.

Long road ahead however we have already started our new core group, and finally have a modern game plan. We actually have a list manager, and we are trying to recruit for the game plan instead  of recruiting "best talent" with no plan at all other than to save a coaches career. These are my positives.

Lets all agree that we know we have a long way to go.

It could be far worse. We could be in richmonds shoes and think we are good enough to win a flag lol. They remind me of us not long back. 

I long for the hey day to return.

Reply #67
What do you expect from a ruckmen, he is a ruckmen isn't he?

Buckley is a running defender, not a forward. Is there a role down back for him? If not he's in trouble and he would be fast losing confidence as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Sumner has a harder edge than I thought he had. And boy, didn't Plowman show some class towards the end there.

Reply #69
We're now on Rebuild Road and there's no going back. We have GOT to find our way along it with BB at the steering wheel, helped by SOS supplying the crew. From what I saw tonight I have faith we'll be successful - at this stage I'm not even contemplating failure at all.

As a footy club supporter and member is there any other way other than to be optimistic Fluffy one?  ???
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70
Didn't see the game, but what happened to Murph?
How did Weiters, Kerridge and Thomas go?
Did Kerridge turnover many balls?
How did Gibbs play, did he win may hard balls?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #71
Sumner has a harder edge than I thought he had. And boy, didn't Plowman show some class towards the end there.
Agreed, but gee the fab 4 stunk it up. Murph ( yes i know he was injured) Gibbs (yes i know he has a man bun) Kreuze (Bereft of confidence) and Daisy (Wowsers he is sh1t, i cringe every time he gets the ball). We are better off dropping a couple of those blokes to the magoos and reward the good efforts of the others playing well in the NB's.

Reply #72
Didn't see the game, but what happened to Murph?
How did Weiters, Kerridge and Thomas go?
Did Kerridge turnover many balls?
How did Gibbs play, did he win may hard balls?

My 2 cents :

Murph sick at 1/2 time, head cut in the 3rd.
Weitering VVG, Kerridge ok, Thomas blah
Gibbs blah

Reply #73
Bolts gave a fairly measured, if somewhat repetitious, presser.

Happy with the effort, but skill execution in general play lets us down. Thought we did well to hang tough. Mentioned we have two bigs on the boil (McKay and CC), but they take time to mature. Mentioned 10 players we had who have played less than 30 games. Spoke a little about Cripps. Spoke about the time it takes to move to his new style of play, and mentioned the changes in player personnel and coaching staff.

Reply #74
Compare the first 4 games against last year.   Last year we were rubbish with not much to look forward to.  This year at least there seems to be endeavour and a few youngsters coming on (to be simplistic about it all.

This time last year we would have lost by 12 goals after being down by 50 points and didn't have many players to talk positively about.

I think we've already improved this year.