Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne (Read 25729 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne

Reply #31
Kid might be a bit underdeveloped but sounds like he's the third tall we've been screaming for.

At least you'll know he'll have a go, unlike Everitt .
Yes. Silvagni has the brains, the feel for the game and the will.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #33
Official Statistics:
Peter Jackson VFL 2016
Northern Blues   2.4  2.5  6.7  8.8 (56)
Port Melbourne   1.4  7.9  7.11  10.15 (75)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Jaksch 3 Silvagni 2 Totevski  Viojo  Jones
Port Melbourne: Cook 2 Pinwill  Pearson  Sandilands  Cain  Crocker  Rivett  Scipione  Hogan

BEST:
Northern Blues: Armfield Jones Wilson McGuinness Tutt Kerbatieh
Port Melbourne: Haretuku Mihocek Rivett Pinwill Lange Dixon
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
He has but every time he plays he kicks goals. ;D
Indeed. So far he has kicked 2 or 3 goals each time he has played at VFL level. I am looking forward to seeing him develop into the sort of player who won't get dropped.

He had 12 possessions, but scored highly on the pressure acts, tackles, etc. (according to the NB's website)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
I thought SOS has been injured lately.

Yes, had a hammy.

Looks a classy type. Looking forward to his debut at some stage soon.

I'm on to my 3rd generation Silvagni, having seen and remembered most of Serg's career and all of SOS's. Something tells me I'm getting old.

Reply #37
Geez, If he could earn a game it would be a massive positive... physically he looks 12 months behind guys like Weitering and Curnow, but the i like that he keeps snagging goals.

Reply #38
KJ provides no second effort at all. Can take a reasonable grab and has a great boot on him. All the feedback re Jones has been that, as well as kicking goals, his defensive pressure has been a feature. Bolton rewards effort.  KJ would have been told about second efforts and the need to improve....but it has yet to happen.

Reply #39
Haretuku is a big lad and surprised he hasn't been looked at very seriously.  On paper on thought we should have gone well against thus mob.... Alas games aren't played on paper.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
KJ provides no second effort at all. Can take a reasonable grab and has a great boot on him. All the feedback re Jones has been that, as well as kicking goals, his defensive pressure has been a feature. Bolton rewards effort.  KJ would have been told about second efforts and the need to improve....but it has yet to happen.

Have you been attending the games Townsend? Interesting I hadn't heard this about KJ before.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Haretuku is a big lad and surprised he hasn't been looked at very seriously.  On paper on thought we should have gone well against thus mob.... Alas games aren't played on paper.

Think the Saints had him as a rookie at one stage.....can look a bit laconic/casual and maybe doesnt come across as desperate to make it as a AFL player....

Reply #42
KJ - tank need developing?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #43

I've often wondered why he doesn't get a gig, particularly in a side crying for a key forward.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44
KJ - tank need developing?

Based on what i saw on The Journey, his tank is ok when required, he needs to develop his hunger and desire to push himself.