Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 54526 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party/Pulmonary: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #15
Really ? There were skills ? Where ?
Can't argue too much with that.
However:
Goals: Thomas 3, Jones 2, Gibbs 1, Murphy, 1, Charlie Curnow 1, Lamb 1

Possessions:
Curnow 31 (!!!), Simpson 30, Cripps 30, Murphy 28, Kerridge 28, Gibbs 26, Wright 23, Byrne 19
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #16
Fremantle always play this restrictive type of football...yes, they were missing players but don't underestimate this effort.
We'd beat a lot of teams with this approach

Reply #17
However:

Possessions:
Curnow 31 (!!!), Simpson 30, Cripps 30, Murphy 28, Kerridge 28, Gibbs 26, Wright 23, Byrne 19

Good to see those guys getting among the goals. Good to see those other guys getting among the possies.

Reply #18
Nice didn't expect that.

Big goals from Murphy and Gibbs last quarter too.

Reply #19
However:

Possessions:

I think the stats people may have merged some of the Curnow records!

Just on this game, how bad is our decision making? Johnson is injured on one leg and one out with Carlton players deep in our F50 as we go sideways, multiple times!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
A win is a win is a win. More green shoots for us the savour! A great effort. One thing's for sure, we may lack top end talent, but we have a go.

Reply #21
I dont care about skills or the attractiveness of the game. We have a win. The boys worked hard all pre-season, then another 4 weeks of losses, now they get some reward. Dont underestimate how this will fuel bonding between these new players and our future.

Go Baggers!

Reply #22
Ed must be close to leading the B&F I reckon.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
Essendon, Collingwood and Port next 3 matches. You never know your luck.

Reply #24
How sweet that was! Done on pure guts and determination! We have a great foundation to build on IMO!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Loved the crowd singing loud and proud... Kudos for going people
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #26
I just want to make three comments now.

First of all, well done Liam Jones!  I never thought I would see Liam kick the winning goal but he did and his effort in the last quarter was telling.

Secondly, Marc Murphy's effort to run to Jones after the siren and congratulate him shows why he is our rightful captain.  His leadership throughout the game was exceptional but acknowledging Jones's efforts like that could well get the latter's career back on track.  The wankers who criticise Murph should crawl back into their burrows.

Finally, wasn't it great to see Bolton celebrating the win with the players?

GO BLUES 
 :D :D :D

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Somehow that was simultaneously on of the worst and best games I've ever watched! Lucky its a public holiday tomorrow because I am not waking up sober - as per the title of the thread its party time!

Reply #28
Great win! Looking forward to watching a reply after walking to both the pubs nearby during the second quarter, only to have them explain they dont have foxtel!

Really significant to win in a place like perth. That is the stuff of turning points and genuine team bonding when the crowd is against you and their is the equivalent of a 5 goal breeze courtesy of the umpires. Well done blues!

Reply #29
You will enjoy the replay Vivian - could be the feel good comedy of the year.