Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 54534 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #210
Watched it all because I was at the game and like to see everything again on telly.

At the ground it seemed 50/50 and we just got our noses in front at the end, but If you do watch it all you get the real feeling we could have won by 5 goals.

That's how it felt to me anyway.

Agree entirely - we missed plenty of easy chances.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #211
Agree entirely - we missed plenty of easy chances.

So did they though.

I reckon both sides walked away thinking they should have won by three or four.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #212
So did they though.

I reckon both sides walked away thinking they should have won by three or four.

I'm not going back to count them Thry but at half time I remember saying to my wife that we could have had a comfortable lead if not for our misses. OK Freo missed a few too but I think we probably missed more easy ones.

Reply #213
I'm not going back to count them Thry but at half time I remember saying to my wife that we could have had a comfortable lead if not for our misses. OK Freo missed a few too but I think we probably missed more easy ones.

I think we missed far more of the easier shots than Freo, they had two significant misses to regain the lead but they were under scoreboard pressure at the moment.

We missed easy shots for four quarters, from almost no pressure early to some late shots to ice the game when we were in front.

Freo scored too easily entering F50 early on and we tightened that up later.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #214
Are they really easy if Levi is shooting?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #215
Are they really easy if Levi is shooting?

By AFL standards, not by Meat standards.

I'm not sure Meat could walk through a door without hitting both posts, but I'd back him it to tear the architrave off the top if he jumped up and grabbed it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #216
Deadset guys I dont think anyone missed harder or easier chances to score, I simply think that at crucial times, both sides missed easy chances to score which could very easily have led to a bigger distance than the eventual 15 point biggest lead of the day.

I can think of a few for Freo that were gimmes that they missed, and likewise us including their first few scoring chances of the day.

Thats why Freo are sitting last, and thats why we had our first win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #217
I think we missed far more of the easier shots than Freo, they had two significant misses to regain the lead but they were under scoreboard pressure at the moment.

We missed easy shots for four quarters, from almost no pressure early to some late shots to ice the game when we were in front.

Freo scored too easily entering F50 early on and we tightened that up later.
Its a weekly occurrence. Think back to the Sydney game and I mentioned this in the post game thread, it was the 2nd qtr and the game was tight with Syd holding a 12 or 13 pt lead. We then missed 3 sitters in a row (from memory the offenders were Cripps, Curnow and ??). Syd then went bang bang bang, 3 goals in row and the lead blew to just under 40 points in a heart beat and the game was over. Our kicking for goal costs us so many games its ridiculous.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #218
Its a weekly occurrence. Think back to the Sydney game and I mentioned this in the post game thread, it was the 2nd qtr and the game was tight with Syd holding a 12 or 13 pt lead. We then missed 3 sitters in a row (from memory the offenders were Cripps, Curnow and ??). Syd then went bang bang bang, 3 goals in row and the lead blew to just under 40 points in a heart beat and the game was over. Our kicking for goal costs us so many games its ridiculous.

Yep, that sort of stuff just saps the life out of a team.

Reply #219
Some posts have been removed and as pointed out I suggest a quick read of the New Directions thread: http://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=2843.0

Some of you are very astute but lets please keep the thread's on topic.

Congratulations to the moderating team, I look forward to being able to enjoy the site again.
Now... Let's go smash some bombers !!!
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #220
Congratulations to the moderating team, I look forward to being able to enjoy the site again.
Now... Let's go smash some bombers !!!

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
The change is very noticeable.