Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 54518 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #30
Great win! Looking forward to watching a reply after walking to both the pubs nearby during the second quarter, only to have them explain they dont have foxtel!

Really significant to win in a place like perth. That is the stuff of turning points and genuine team bonding when the crowd is against you and their is the equivalent of a 5 goal breeze courtesy of the umpires. Well done blues!
Actually I think the crowd turned on their own team pretty early on.

Reply #31
I just want to make three comments now.

First of all, well done Liam Jones!  I never thought I would see Liam kick the winning goal but he did and his effort in the last quarter was telling.

Secondly, Marc Murphy's effort to run to Jones after the siren and congratulate him shows why he is our rightful captain.  His leadership throughout the game was exceptional but acknowledging Jones's efforts like that could well get the latter's career back on track.  The wankers who criticise Murph should crawl back into their burrows.

Finally, wasn't it great to see Bolton celebrating the win with the players?

GO BLUES 
 :D :D :D

X2

And aa a past critic of Gibbs I will acknowledge the important goal he kicked - his cool comes in handy sometimes!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Woooooooooooooo!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #33
http://
You will enjoy the replay Vivian - could be the feel good comedy of the year.

Ha! It wont be pretty, so best i get the kids to bed and enjoy it in all its unskilled glory.

Happy for Jones. No matter where his career goes, he kicked a winning goal and that is worth a great deal.

Reply #34
Veale is uncontracted... Id through the sink at him to get him.  Gun.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
Credit to Rowe tonight. Pav was always going to be a dangerous 'go to man' and Sam more than held his own. Mind you, Pav has gone 1 year too long?

Reply #36
I can't remember who it was, but someone said pre-game we'd lose by 10 goals. I thought to myself the way our 2 teams have been playing, 10 goals would just about win it. IT DID!

Extraordinary game. One of the worst i've ever seen.

Take the points and forget it ever happened.

Our first win comes on ANZAC weekend, for the 2nd year in a row.

Reply #37
Told you we were a sneaky chance.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Liam Jones showed today you need balance and structure...he is no great player but he needs a man minding him and can be a target freeing Casboult up...
This one Kp Forward plus a resting ruckman idea will never work..
Lamb playing out of the square almost was another good forward move...creates a hard matchup at ground level...

One player who has really impressed me is Ciaran Byrne....brave, kicks the ball well and apart from the odd poor decision is a complete player and was my BOG..
Talk of Ed Curnow leading the B &F but Matt Wright would be up there with him......wins the hard ball, lays big tackles and that smother and collect to give Murphy a goal was
crucial...credit to Murphy..led well and put himself in after haviing that bad gash last week and that was a captains game today...

Sam Rowe...beat the Pav and the latter should have retired........

Daisy Thomas played his best game and used all the 750k worth of smarts we are paying him for to kick 3 valuable goals....

Ok we got the Dockers at their weakest with Fyfe, Sandilands, Mundy all out but its still a tough asl to win in the west and thats probably the best hard fought win we have had for years...really enjoyed the game and hope we can back up next week...

Reply #39
A win is a win is a win. More green shoots for us the savour! A great effort. One thing's for sure, we may lack top end talent, but we have a go.

Spot on Jofo. Ugly win but I would rather win ugly than put up with pi55 poor efforts of last year.

Reply #40
I just want to make three comments now.

First of all, well done Liam Jones!  I never thought I would see Liam kick the winning goal but he did and his effort in the last quarter was telling.

Secondly, Marc Murphy's effort to run to Jones after the siren and congratulate him shows why he is our rightful captain.  His leadership throughout the game was exceptional but acknowledging Jones's efforts like that could well get the latter's career back on track.  The wankers who criticise Murph should crawl back into their burrows.

Finally, wasn't it great to see Bolton celebrating the win with the players?

GO BLUES 
 :D :D :D

Yep. Spot on.

Despite everything, Freo are experts at winning games like that. Character building for our boys to win ugly. So glad for Jones that he eventually got reward for effort... with confidence, this fella just might grow.

My only negative was Meat failing to handball to Buckley to deliver a certain goal, very selfish... he should get a rocket for that.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Did I mention wooooooooo!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #42
I can't remember who it was, but someone said pre-game we'd lose by 10 goals. I thought to myself the way our 2 teams have been playing, 10 goals would just about win it. IT DID!

Extraordinary game. One of the worst i've ever seen.

Take the points and forget it ever happened.

Our first win comes on ANZAC weekend, for the 2nd year in a row.

We win on ANZAC weekend in the darnest places...........New Zealand, Perth.

Reply #43
I don't know about anyone else, but watching Jones line up for that last goal was a real sphincter tightening experience.

Reply #44
Not forgetting this game in a hurry all the new boys celebrating when singing the song was special.