Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs Collingwood (Read 14961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

Reply #15

According to the NB's website, Silvagni is 'unavailable'.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Will be interesting to see how JGM goes if he mans up Cloke during the match.

Reply #17

White and Tutt held out as emergencies; Smith and Glass-McCasker withdrawn from the squad.
These guys out really makes a difference to our team.

Not a good start.
NB 9 COLL 39
Something of a wind and, during the 2nd quarter, we aren't using it yet. 3 quick points.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   5.3  5.5  7.10  8.11 (59)
Coburg   1.1  8.7  10.10  17.14 (116)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Jacques 2 Peet 2 Bolger  Hickey  Aurrichio  Stevens
Coburg: Cauchi 3 Ercolano 3 Iacobaccio 2 Urquhart 2 Merlo 2 Hill 2 Orr  McRorie  Free

BEST:
Northern Blues: Aurrichio O'Leary McCabe Cripps Stevens Declase
Coburg: Ercolano McConville Hill Corigliano Sutherland Cauchi

What a shocking way to start the day!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
NB 23
COLL 45

Goal from DVR and a good one.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
Northern Blues 3 - 6 - 24
Collingwood 8 - 10 - 58
A miserable game so far. Especially as Collingwood were so bad last week.

GOALS: Roos, Dick, Viojo-Rainbow.
DISPOSALS: Kerbatieh 15, Everitt 12, Wilson 11, Ballard 10, Casley 10, Dick 10.

Good to see Everitt doing OK, and apparently playing with intent. But where are the other Carlton listed players?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
22 minutes into the last term:
NB 83
COLL 99
Jakch just goaled.

NB 89
COLL 99
Goal to Casley.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
91 to 100 close to the end...Call the finish crash :D

Reply #23
Blues 91
Pies 100
Probably not enough time to make up the difference.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Collingwood look like they are doing enough. Not enough clean possession.
Damn, the siren sounds and Blue fail by 9 points.
Much better 2nd half than first half.

Foster hit the post with about 2 minutes to go. Had it gone through.....
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
Northern Blues 13 - 13 - 91
Meat Pies 14 - 16 - 100

Late changes were probably the difference in the end, as we started poorly and couldn't make up the difference.
Missing Silvagni, McCasker, Smith, White, Tutt, Cunningham, to go with Armfield's promotion. Jamo appparenty did not come back on from early in the 2nd quarter. Everitt officially replaces Jamo as emergency at half time as well. Makes a huge difference to a young side.

GOALS: Casley 2, Gallucci 2, Wilson 2, Dick, Gorringe, Jaksch, Jones, Kerbatieh, Roos, Viojo-Rainbow

DISPOSALS: Everitt 27, Wilson 25, Kerbatieh 24, Dick 23, McGuinness 19, Wood 18, Viojo-Rainbow 18.

Everitt responded as we would wish him to.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Everitt had 27 disposals in a half  :o

No wonder he has been added to the 25!

I know that it's often difficult to play really well when the standard is far below what you're used too, but it's good to see a senior player really stepping up in the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Everitt
Play him at full forward for heaven's sake.
He has his problems defensively but he's our best forward.

...at present :D

Reply #28
Everitt
Play him at full forward for heaven's sake.
He has his problems defensively but he's our best forward.

...at present :D

Michael Jamison could probably get a game as our best FF at present, and he kicks 1 goal every 74 games!

Reply #29
Just got back from the game... simply awful until half time. In the first qtr it was as if our blokes thought that Rottingwood was kicking with a 10 goal gale (it was about a 3 goal wind) and were simply content to tackle hard and go all out negating which was a terrible tactic/attitude - lost the game in the first qtr against pretty ordinary opposition. In fact, our first qtr was one of the worst qtrs of football I've ever seen.

The entire game, from our point of view, was marred by so many terrible decisions - kicking to blokes out numbered, handballing to blokes in worse positions, kick and hope into the forward line and absolutely not understanding how to play when blustery.

We had 9 CFC blokes (including our international rookie, Korcheck) and the rest were Preston blokes.

After half time our blokes were suddenly fair-dinkum and it was a much better game to watch though the dumb decisions persisted. Really missed some senior CFC player talent. There's no doubt had there been just 2 or 3 CFC players we would have won. In the first half it was the old story... we were so bad that we made them look good.

Don't be mislead by the number of possessions Everitt got. In hard contests he gave very little and even gave up possession too easily and a missed tackle in our forward line was a howler resulting in the Dagpies running the ball the length of the ground and goaling. In the second half when everyone had lifted Everitt was better and did some good things ...but demand recall? I wouldn't think so... when it was hard going he wasn't sighted and I would have thought that for a senior CFC listed bloke he would have shown some leadership and mongrel. For mine, still too soft but his skills were clearly better than many around him at times. When I saw he had 27 possessions I found it hard to believe. Love to know the effectiveness of them. And if he makes the best players I'll know that someone is bullsh1tting us.

On a more positive note... for mine Dick was probably the best 4 qtr CFC listed bloke, followed by Rainbow. I was also pleased to see Foster more involved and he was one of the few with good foot skills on the day (along with Rainbow). He has certainly improved over the weeks and with McCasker out he and Jaksch shared tall defender responsibilities (though Jaksch went forward when we had the wind).

Good - Dick, Rainbow and Wood.

Serviceable - Gallucci, Foster and Korcheck. The big American boy really competes hard and keeps getting a little better each time. Took some good grabs and actually did some hard and effective work at ground level as well.

Jaksch was used in attack and defence. Took a couple of nice grabs and kicked a good long goal... but, sheesh, he is so 1982 - straight lines, mark, kick, and that is it.

(a kid called Kerbatieh is worth keeping our eyes on... really impressive and did some very good things today... a very real future rookie prospect).

Willow was the best Preston boy by a mile... and emptied about 10 litres of fluid from his guts on the boundary line in front of us... nice!

Gorringe - Pfft.

Ps Everitt played the entire game... not a half.

Cheers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17