Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 36120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #30
Regardless of whether Weitering comes good or not, he should be rested for a week and then played in the seconds the week after.

He is too valuable a commodity to risk and he looks a tad tired after his first 5-games.

Letting him freshen up and fully recover from the shoulder injury will do us no harm either.

Agree..Pies will probably go big with Cox, Moore and Cloke so no need to knock Weitering about by having those
big frames bashing into that sore shoulder...

Reply #31
Agree..Pies will probably go big with Cox, Moore and Cloke so need to knock Weitering about by having those
big frames bashing into that sore shoulder...

If he is fit I'd back Weiters in to stitch up Moore, but he needs to be fit?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
I just want to beat them - I want us to be the reason why Buckley is sacked.

I want them to hurt and bleed. I want percentage boosters and blood on the floor I want to see head splits and suspensions - I want war.

It's hard to disagree with any of that.  ;D
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #33
I agree. We do not want to ruin him.
I wouldn't play Jamo either. His form does not warrant a recall and he spent 3/4 of the last weekend's game off with concussion.

Agree entirely. On Weitering: at some point, and not too far into the season, the kid will simply need a rest. Having had a shoulder pop out presents a perfect (and prudent) opportunity to take. The reasons for dropping Jamo don't seem to have abated, notwithstanding whether Weiters is out. He has been a great servant, but I think he should be used only on an 'as needs' basis and when he's actually playing well in the 2s. Our defence has held up very well all year (we are 6th for scores against and look generally more composed than we have for years) and that hasn't had much to do with Jamo, sad to say.

Reply #34
No Weitering for this game as he will miss 2-3 weeks. Let's be conservative with his rehab.

Reckon White will go back to cover his loss.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
With Weitering and Jamison out you'd think Jaksch will come in and play in defence. Handy to have a swingman if needed.

Reply #36
 Charlie Curnow will be out for a while too youd think after being diagnosed with glandular fever.,
It took me the best part of 2 months to get over my bout of it when l was 19.
Remember going to work ....coming home and going to bed. Knocks the stuffing out of you!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #37
Buckley is not going anywhere.

I agree.

Let them keep him around for many more years to come so that when they finally realise that he's crap they'll be so far down the gurgler they'll be an non-issue for decades. ;D
Ditto Hardwick. Loved that they've signed him up for a further two years of below par performances dressed up as potential. :'(
Oh and special thanks to Mr. Hird absolutely loved your work. Unfortunately that mob woke up and now have a bloke at the helm who'll more than turn things around. Rate Woosha.

Rate BOLTS more thou!  :D :D :D

Reply #38
Collingwood is vulnerable with two 6-day breaks in a row plus a trip back from Perth this week.

Reply #39
No Weitering for this game as he will miss 2-3 weeks. Let's be conservative with his rehab.

Reckon White will go back to cover his loss.

I'd prefer Jamison or Jaksch down back , happy to have White in the team to troubleshoot but we are going to be undersized with Weitering out vs the Pies if they bring in Cloke,
we wont get away with it vs a team with a big front half trying to cheat with undersized players...

Reply #40
Who will be our elevated rookie for CC??

Reply #41
I'd prefer Jamison or Jaksch down back , happy to have White in the team to troubleshoot but we are going to be undersized with Weitering out vs the Pies if they bring in Cloke,
we wont get away with it vs a team with a big front half trying to cheat with undersized players...

Think oi heard Jammo's going to be out too.

Reply #42

Jaksch would be in if I was picking the team along with Cripps..

re: CC replacement....like to get some games into JGM but he probably hasnt done enough for an upgrade...Bolton might wait and see who wants it more...

Reply #43
After a definite concussion, Jamo is extremely unlikely to play at all this week. If he is going to be any value, then he needs to be fit. He needs to rest.

As for elevating a rookie, I am not sure anyone is quite ready yet.
Live Long and Prosper!