Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 36640 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #45
Key to winning this one IMO largely hinges on Fasolo, Blair and Sidebottom being contained. This type of player hurt us on a regular basis.

Their tall's don't concern me nor does there midfield - I'm hoping our new defence will hold up better this time around and if so right in this one.

Reply #47
Id like to see that but surely jacksh would be ahead of him on sustained form? That said I've noticed comments on foster slightly more favourable in the last two weeks

Hard to argue re Jaksch.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48
I'd prefer Jamison or Jaksch down back , happy to have White in the team to troubleshoot but we are going to be undersized with Weitering out vs the Pies if they bring in Cloke,
we wont get away with it vs a team with a big front half trying to cheat with undersized players...

Agree, either Jaksch or Jammo would have to come in, especially if Cloke plays.

Sort of hoping Buckley does bring Cloke in and they go with the 3 tall guys up forward... hopefully that leaves them less mobile on the back of a trip to Perth.  

Defensively we have been good in the past couple of weeks, against poor opposition of course, but we have just looked well structured.  Plowman is good at getting 3rd up in contests and spoiling. Rowe has been solid in the contest (less so when he actually gets the ball).

Reply #49
Jamison is not playing this week guys.

He left the field concussed in the first quarter last week in the northern blues.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
I'd prefer Jamison or Jaksch down back , happy to have White in the team to troubleshoot but we are going to be undersized with Weitering out vs the Pies if they bring in Cloke,
we wont get away with it vs a team with a big front half trying to cheat with undersized players...

Yep, agree EB1. If they bring in Cloke Jaksch would be the obvious choice... though on what I saw on Saturday you wouldn't bring Cloke in but he's probably not going to get anywhere in the dew-kickers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
Yep, agree EB1. If they bring in Cloke Jaksch would be the obvious choice... though on what I saw on Saturday you wouldn't bring Cloke in but he's probably not going to get anywhere in the dew-kickers.

They be bringing Cloke because of the perceived form that Kreuzer and Phillips are starting to run into, Rowe is doing OK and we have Casboult and Jones as well.

Collingwood have a short problem at the moment, their list lacks balance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Time for Jack or Jaksch?!  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
Glass-McCasker ?
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #54
Glass-McCasker ?

Didn't play last week along with SOS and Cuningham.

This club is driving me bananas with it's player management.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #55
Didn't play last week along with SOS and Cuningham.

This club is driving me bananas with it's player management.

Well look at it this way.

If you are on the Carlton list, and they are sending you out in the VFL every week fit or injured, it might be a message that your not figuring in the clubs long term plans! The management of the kids is a sign there is a long term plan and at least a perception of potential value, in that regard missing the odd game of VFL is pretty irrelevant.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Well look at it this way.

If you are on the Carlton list, and they are sending you out in the VFL every week fit or injured, it might be a message that your not figuring in the clubs long term plans! The management of the kids is a sign there is a long term plan and at least a perception of potential value, in that regard missing the odd game of VFL is pretty irrelevant.

That wasn't my point LP and I should have made it clearer, it's the player management and information.

What is driving me nuts are the amount of injuries and that there is no information on whats happened.

We don't know if any of those players are injured, omitted, rested. Rumour is that SOS re-injured his hammy and Cuningham has a hip flexor but nobody knows for sure and there was nothing at all on why JGM is out.

Guy's just don't play and we find out later they have problems. Maybe all three have glandular.

I like following the 2nds we just get half a story.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #57

Guy's just don't play and we find out later they have problems. Maybe all three have glandular.

I like following the 2nds we just get half a story.

There may be perfectly reasonable explanations but the secrecy certainly makes the club look defensive.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
There may be perfectly reasonable explanations but the secrecy certainly makes the club look defensive.

There is no mystery the weekly injury report says Cunningham has a hip flexor and will miss another week.

Sounds like many of the other are likely to be back this or next week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
There is no mystery the weekly injury report says Cunningham has a hip flexor and will miss another week.

Sounds like many of the other are likely to be back this or next week.

So why didn't JGM, Smith or SOS play?

Cuninghams hip flexor reported this week but he missed last week. No mention in the NBs Thursday selection.
You get half a story.

The injury list is never up to date.

The weekly selections should list who's in and who's out and why. They wait till the week following to say why a guy didn't play this includes the NBs.

Also.

Is Jamison available for selection after a concussion .
What's Billy Gowers mystery problem
Is Sheehan available this week.
We also had a guy called Whiley , remember him.?

Just really poor dissemination of information .