Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown (Read 17007 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown

Reply #30
All over and I am still very short of words: :(

Northern Blues 3 - 11 - 29
Williamstown 25 - 22 - 172

Goals: Dyson Stevens, Hashim Kerbatieh, Blaine Boekhorst

Best players: did we really have any?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #31
Ouch!  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32

Reply #33
Send Jamo back to the 2's to give these blokes a chop out!  :o

Reply #34
All over and I am still very short of words: :(

Northern Blues 3 - 11 - 29
Williamstown 25 - 22 - 172

Goals: Dyson Stevens, Hashim Kerbatieh, Blaine Boekhorst

Best players: did we really have any?

Damn, siren blew just as we were getting our game together too...lol.

Reply #35
What a disgrace. Embarrassing.

For the third week in a row we started as if everyone had a valium sandwich before the game and only started playing after half time. And our opponents were up and about and really vocal. Buckley was about the only BlueBagger with a voice. What is it with this quietness on the field? It's very polite of us.

Mrs Baggers is still laughing her head off... she enjoyed the beach, I suffered through unbelievably bad football from our blokes and the loud gloating from Willi supporters.

SOS played for a half (his calf was iced in the 2nd half) and looked impressive... then again, anything alive would have looked good next to our blokes. Buckley tried his heart out and was full of dash. (Emergencies White and Graham didn't play).

Really, really, really reaching hard for any positives (apart from SOS) - MaCasker did a few nice things, Cuningham did 2 nice things, Boekhorst also did 2 nice things.... Tutt had plenty of it, didn't do much with his disposals but got plenty of it... Smith took a mark and fell over a lot... Rainbow laid a good tackle and gave a good handball... Jaksch took some marks... Foster did 2 reasonable spoils... looks like Dick did a quad (iced in the 2nd half)... Billy Gowers ran and baulked opposition players on 3 occasions!!!... Korcheck continued to be tall... I think you get the gist.

For mine, only Buckley and SOS looked like AFL footballers today.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
9 x Williamstown players in the VFL state squad to play the SANFL......0 x Northern Blues...probably tells you how the respective teams are travelling.....

Reply #37
For the third week in a row we started as if everyone had a valium sandwich before the game and only started playing after half time. And our opponents were up and about and really vocal. Buckley was about the only BlueBagger with a voice. What is it with this quietness on the field? It's very polite of us.

Why the difference between the "firsts" and "seconds" ???

One of the things Collingwood players were talking about in "after match" interviews last week was how vocal the Carlton players were on the field.

Reply #38

One of the things Collingwood players were talking about in "after match" interviews last week was how vocal the Carlton players were on the field.

We dropped all the quiet guys?...lol! Maybe Bolton's mantra, you only play if you have a big, loud mouth..lol.

Reply #39

Got me stumped as well. Particularly last week and this week our opponents have been way more vocal on the field.

Reply #40
On a slightly more positive note... we did seem to have the pill at least as much as Willi in the 2nd half but managed to butcher disposals and make dumb decisions.

In two full games of VFL football over the past 2 weeks I've sat and watched us kick a total of 5 goals. 8 quarters for 5 goals. If I front up again next week then it's official, I'm a bona fide 'sucker for punishment' and likely in the running for the 2016 Masochist of the Year Award!

Reply #41
In two full games of VFL football over the past 2 weeks I've sat and watched us kick a total of 5 goals. 8 quarters for 5 goals. If I front up again next week then it's official, I'm a bona fide 'sucker for punishment' and likely in the running for the 2016 Masochist of the Year Award!

Go :D
We like to get your "at the ground" assessment ;)
Much appreciated.

Reply #42
We play the bottom side, Coburg, next week. Could be a nil all draw! I might witness a half of football where no-one kicks a goal!

Reply #43
On a slightly more positive note... we did seem to have the pill at least as much as Willi in the 2nd half but managed to butcher disposals and make dumb decisions.

And the winner is....

Reply #44
Go :D
We like to get your "at the ground" assessment ;)
Much appreciated.
Absolutely! I feel helpless not being there and only waiting for twitter posts. Please, we need someone who knows what they are talking about!
Live Long and Prosper!