Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 8: Post Game Euphoria!: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 35849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 8: Post Game _______: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
There are wins and there are team bonding, defining wins.  We saw the latter today.

Reply #31
He's alright for a third tall

Correct, but when the Bolt left, it was up to him to become the physical presence and I thought he did it well.

Reply #32
The effort from Murphy in the last few minutes was incredible. Just willed himself at it with repeat efforts.
Awesome work from Rowe around the ground. Held his own in the ruck and got in great positions when needed.
Plowman got crunched at one stage (will be pi$$ing blood this week),  but kept going.
Gibbs was great both offensively and defensively.
Love watching Lamb get stuck into the opposition.

Unfortunately I think Jamo is just about done. Doesn't look like he has any confidence in his body.

Jaksch should come in now but rather than replace Jammo he'll more likely to replace Rowe as the latter is needed to replace Casboult.

Reply #33
Jaksch should come in now but rather than replace Jammo he'll more likely to replace Rowe as the latter is needed to replace Casboult.
Isn't Weitering due back next week?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #34
He's alright for a third tall

Probably, but now we don't have a first or second tall.
I hope he steps up, this chance could be the making of him.
The more I see of Sumner the more I like him, he's hard at it and the pressure goal he kicked showed he's got a bit of bottle.
Less than 20 games, there's plenty of upside.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
The Boult. No ACL. Hairline fracture. 6-8 weeks.

Reply #37
Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7 3m3 minutes ago
Awesome news for Casboult, according to Carlton, it's a hairline fracture of the tibia. Heavy bruising, 6-8 weeks! ACL all ok

Reply #40
Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7 3m3 minutes ago
Awesome news for Casboult, according to Carlton, it's a hairline fracture of the tibia. Heavy bruising, 6-8 weeks! ACL all ok

Fantasic news.
????
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #41
Don't underestimate the physical work that the 'much criticized' Liam Jones did today. Crashed every contest and opened it up on the ground.

Well said TC...he crashed every pack and contested most long bomb balls which allowed us to create some goals from the deck
and I reckon he is following his coaches orders...feel sorry for Jones at times as he looks a bit out of the team loop and I hope his team-mates appreciate
the work he is doing...couple of good chases/tackles and if he can kick a couple of goals each week its job done..

Reply #42
One thing I'm seeing the last two weeks. Way less handballs are finding the grass and many of our skills have improved.

Reply #43
Fantasic news.
????

Comapared to an ACL, I guess it's good news, but still, 2 months out, takes us to round 16,17. Big chunk of the season. Feel sorry for Cas, he was slowly getting it together.

Reply #44
Jones was OK today but he thinks slowly.
He's got very good leg speed for a bloke his size but a couple of times today he hesitated momentarily before he chased, it's as if he loses touch with the game sometimes, or is so focussed on his own game that he forgets the simple things.
He's never going to be a top player but we might finally get some value from him.

I was thinking the same thing and was going to write as much in the match thread.
There was one period of play (probably third quarter) where he was in a contest twice in a couple of minutes and the ball came to ground and he just stopped while his Port opponent went after the ball.

It's not that he's timid and afraid of the contest...that's actually one of his strengths
It's not that he's slow in the chase.
I don't think it's a case of "picking and choosing" when to go either
It's just a momentary hesitation at times where he seems to lose focus.

Having said that he seems to be getting better and more involved each week....and I'm really pleased for him after the criticism he's copped.
He's earned himself a few more games ;)