Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37022 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Next Sunday at Etihad.
Not likely to be good for us after last night, but at the moment we have holes in our line-up that we can't easily cover.

However, I would really like to pound these posing pretenders.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
All our injured players are talls....I understand about questions about depth but having five talls out will hurt any club...its like North being without Goldstein and Waite and their back ups.

We have some youngsters like Jaksch coming through and should be given a run if Jack Silvagni shines today he should also be given a run.

Charlie Curnow Glandular Fever Indefinite
Harry McKay Back 5 weeks
Levi Casboult Knee 6-8 weeks
Matthew Kreuzer Knee 2-4 weeks
Andrew Phillips Hamstring 2 weeks

Reply #2
Looks like we get another team with a point to prove after a mediocre performance the week before ::)

Reply #3
......and should be given a run if Jack Silvagni shines today he should also be given a run.

Go down and look at the NBs and hopefully you'll see that Jack Silvagni is an excellent work in progress.  We need to monitor Weitering very, very carefully over the next 13 weeks to ensure he is eased into the rigors. Jack is nowhere Weitering in development.  I'd bring in Wood to allow Gorringe to play the Casbout role and put Rowe down back and flick Everitt, he doesn't fit Bolton's prototype. 

Reply #4
If theyre good enough to play age shouldn't matter

Reply #5
Go down and look at the NBs and hopefully you'll see that Jack Silvagni is an excellent work in progress.  We need to monitor Weitering very, very carefully over the next 13 weeks to ensure he is eased into the rigors. Jack is nowhere Weitering in development.  I'd bring in Wood to allow Gorringe to play the Casbout role and put Rowe down back and flick Everitt, he doesn't fit Bolton's prototype.
I think I know why GC let Gorringe go, he is too timid. For a 200cm and 100kg big man, he doesnt impose himself one iota. I saw this during the NAB games, nothing has changed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6

SOSOS kicked 3, might be playing soon. Jaksch will surely come in after 4 goals today. That's 12 for the season including games of 3,3 and 4, while playing both some time, and other entire games, in defence. Last week 20 touches and 6 marks in defence, this week 4 goals. Not much more he can do. Gorringe will have to be 2nd ruck so Rowe can go back. We have no-one else to play the Casboult role so Gorringe will have to play 2nd ruck. Jaksch and Jones the 2 key forwards, Wood and Gorringe the 2 ruckman.

You'd drop Walker before Everitt. Everitt is generally playing too badly and hitting the scoreboard. Before last night kicked 5 goals in the previous 2 games. Not to mention 31 goals last year. We mightn't like some of the stuff he does but can't argue that he does contribute. He'll be looking more over his shoulder when we're ready to pick Silvagni. Until then he'll be playing.

Reply #7
If theyre good enough to play age shouldn't matter

Exactly. If they are playing well, straight in like anyone else. They're performing against men, not under 18s. Silvagni isn't far away. A couple more weeks to get his match fitness up.

Reply #8
I think I know why GC let Gorringe go, he is too timid. For a 200cm and 100kg big man, he doesnt impose himself one iota.

He has the look of a bloke that lacks self-belief...if anyone can get the best out of him it will be someone like Bolton.
I wouldn't wipe him yet.
He has the size, and a bit of athleticism.

I'd like to see how he goes  when he's not shouldering a big burden like last night.

Reply #9
Gorringe was trained/recruited as a potential key forward.

Not sure how much he has played there in the 2's, but thats where he played in the pre-season.

In any event, its a big step up from either not rucking much at all in the VFL and/or rucking against VFL quality ruckman and jumping up to the 1's to tae on the best ruckmen in the land in your first ever game for your new club.

Give the guy a break.

Reply #10
My only change would be to drop White and bring in Jaksch.  Play Rowe down back where he's comfortable and only has to deal with his man.  Get Jones or Jaksch to pinch hit for Gorringe. 

Reply #11
In Wood, Jaksch, Graham

Out Cripps(rested), Everitt, Walker

Cant allow Harry Taylor, Henderson and Lonergan to do what the Nth tall backs did and take uncontested marks especially when we go the long bomb......we need three talls down in the front half ie Jones, Jaksch and Gorringe to compete and give our crumbers some chance...

White and Plowman did ok down back on Petrie, Waite, Brown..I'd be leaving White in....

Someone has to do a better job on Motlop than we did on Lindsay Thomas and Harvey...

Reply #12
I'm worried about Cripps' longevity.  Rest him.

Danger, the Ducker and the Diver will have field days vs us next week, expecting 15 goal loss.  Cripps being absent won't matter squat. 

Oh and expect that mob of posers to be talked about re the flag again next week...  Don't you have to beat decent sides to be a contender?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
I think I know why GC let Gorringe go, he is too timid. For a 200cm and 100kg big man, he doesnt impose himself one iota. I saw this during the NAB games, nothing has changed.

Same height as Goldstein but looked 20kg lighter and it was man vs boy stuff......I thought Gorringe got given a rough deal by Bolton with no Wood in the team and he showed some ability albeit
not in the ruck..lets play him down forward to replace the Boult and just give him some light ruck duties..

Reply #14
In Wood, Jaksch, Graham

Out Cripps(rested), Everitt, Walker

Cant allow Harry Taylor, Henderson and Lonergan to do what the Nth tall backs did and take uncontested marks especially when we go the long bomb......we need three talls down in the front half ie Jones, Jaksch and Gorringe to compete and give our crumbers some chance...

White and Plowman did ok down back on Petrie, Waite, Brown..I'd be leaving White in....

Someone has to do a better job on Motlop than we did on Lindsay Thomas and Harvey...

Everitt was awful last night but I'd still play him because he can kick three or four.