Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 49710 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #210
This argument about who is to blame for previous years and who gets the credit for this year reminds me of the 5 blind guys who all get to touch an elephant and describe to everyone else what an elephant is...
Od Military Maxim: Victory has many fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #211
Anyone else notice how disingenuous Scott is being re the Pussy's loss? No mention of the CFC. He's making it clear that we didn't win but rather the Pussy's lost it. Funny but the game I was at on Sunday looked very much like the mob with the hoops weren't allowed to play their natural game due to the intensity of the mob in navy blue. Most losing coaches have the manners to mention the good play of the opposition.

Perhaps he's cracked the sh1tes at being outcoached by a 'novice'? Perhaps Scott is just pr1ck?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #212
Anyone else notice how disingenuous Scott is being re the Pussy's loss? No mention of the CFC. He's making it clear that we didn't win but rather the Pussy's lost it. Funny but the game I was at on Sunday looked very much like the mob with the hoops weren't allowed to play their natural game due to the intensity of the mob in navy blue. Most losing coaches have the manners to mention the good play of the opposition.

Perhaps he's cracked the sh1tes at being outcoached by a 'novice'? Perhaps Scott is just pr1ck?

Agree...reading through his presser, the Cats have lost to two ordinary teams who in his words are no scoring juggernauts...
Sore loser who had our game pencilled in as a win.....his blokes were out worked, are inaccurate in front of goal and are not that good...hope he is enjoying Lachie Henderson's footy this season...
Like to see both Scott brothers out in straight sets at finals time.....

Reply #213
Neither of the Scotts rate Carlton so it would be galling to admit that Carlton is the better team. They've both got some tough times ahead once we start beating them.

Reply #214
Agree...reading through his presser, the Cats have lost to two ordinary teams who in his words are no scoring juggernauts...
Sore loser who had our game pencilled in as a win.....his blokes were out worked, are inaccurate in front of goal and are not that good...hope he is enjoying Lachie Henderson's footy this season...
Like to see both Scott brothers out in straight sets at finals time.....

Yes, a simple "We were outplayed by the better team on the day" would have been appropriate before focusing on why his team sucked.  I seem to remember a coach who started almost every presser with "We played a very good team today"   ;)

I don't expect opposition coaches to sing our praises but failing to acknowledge the winning team is not part of our sporting ethos.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #215
Often when there's an upset win you get the feeling that the side expected to win was actually the better team and it is just a bit of inaccuracy or luck going against them... even when they're well behind there's always the danger that they'll eventually come back.

It was never going to happen on the weekend (though some of us probably weren't confident until it was clearly safe :D) ....every challenge was met and squashed.

We all give Robbo (a deservedly) fair bake on a regular basis but on AFL360 last night he was pretty "gushing" in his praise of the effort.

I sensed he was trying to get a concession out of Scott that Carlton were really good and he wasn't buying Scott's diversions.

Reply #216
Brayshaw said the same thing on radio, said no doubt the cats were flat against the pies the week prior but they definitely came to play against us and we just out pressured them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #217
Brayshaw said the same thing on radio, said no doubt the cats were flat against the pies the week prior but they definitely came to play against us and we just out pressured them.

As we were flat against North (and without MK and LC).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #218
Yes, a simple "We were outplayed by the better team on the day" would have been appropriate before focusing on why his team sucked.  I seem to remember a coach who started almost every presser with "We played a very good team today"   ;)

I don't expect opposition coaches to sing our praises but failing to acknowledge the winning team is not part of our sporting ethos.

The Cats' Scott is the biggest whinger and the most ungracious loser this side of Serena Williams and Federer.

Reply #219
The Cats' Scott is the biggest whinger and the most ungracious loser this side of Serena Williams and Federer.

At least he was fair dinkum in his awarding of votes for the coaches' award  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #220
"Quite honestly my dears, I don't give a damn what the Scotts think of us!" to paraphrase Rhett Butler.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #221
I can't remember seeing a team that was so relentless with it's tackling.  One passage of play that stands out is the string of hard, effective tackles that led to Gorringe's intercept mark and goal.

In years gone by we wouldn't have maintained that pressure beyond one or two tackles and an honourable attempt.

If Scott was honest, he would have admitted that his team wilted under our relentless pressure and continuous effort.

Reply #222
I can't remember seeing a team that was so relentless with it's tackling.  One passage of play that stands out is the string of hard, effective tackles that led to Gorringe's intercept mark and goal.

In years gone by we wouldn't have maintained that pressure beyond one or two tackles and an honourable attempt.

If Scott was honest, he would have admitted that his team wilted under our relentless pressure and continuous effort.

The Scotts are whingers.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #223
Bear i think your from Brisbane and i remember you saying what a great pick up he was when we got him down to Carlton. You were right on the money

Not sure that was me, but i'll take it anyway!

Reply #224
The Scotts are whingers.

Was Chris Scott who bumped the injured Nick Reiwoldt as he was being taken off the ground wasnt it?......gives you an idea of the character of the man....