Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 25976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
Can you imagine what Gawn is gonna do to us!? If anyone is still alive in SC - lock him in for Captain.......

Melbourne will smack us.......absolutely smack us......

Calm blue sea Brettie, calm blue sea!!!!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Well I hope our blokes (especially Kruze) rip right into him and work him over. Guaranteed BB will put the acid on the our two fellas this week. Lets see how they respond.

Happy to just concede the ruck, drop one and pick a runner instead. We'd have to do better.

Reply #17
Happy to just concede the ruck, drop one and pick a runner instead. We'd have to do better.

My thoughts exactly.  No ruckman we have or combination of them will beat Gawn if he continues his current form, so just plan to rove to him instead, and play another runner.

Meanwhile I think our problem over the last 2 weeks (apart from matters we can't address on the fly such as lack of talent, structure and personnel) is more than anything tiredness so I'd take advantage of the NBs bye this round to promote anyone who even borderline warrants promotion - at least they'll be fresh after a weeks rest and we need that on the big ground especially against the Dees who have good run.  Perhaps the slower guys like Whiley and Graham may miss again (unless Cripps is rested in which case we would need one of them for the grunt factor) but otherwise give the better performed seconds players a shot.  If nothing else it gives the dropped players a needed rest before the last round and if the incoming players don't perform they can get dropped for those guys to come back, if they do perform we may have found something we didn't know we had.

Reply #18
Kreuzer did OK to nullify Martin, halved Martin's average output over the last five games.

If you want to know the consequences of entering a game without a viable ruck division, take a look at Brisbane's two games prior to ours! Bolton knows that when the big men play well others follow, what we need is more of them in form and firing not less of them spread thinly in honourable losses!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
My thoughts exactly.  No ruckman we have or combination of them will beat Gawn if he continues his current form, so just plan to rove to him instead, and play another runner.

Meanwhile I think our problem over the last 2 weeks (apart from matters we can't address on the fly such as lack of talent, structure and personnel) is more than anything tiredness so I'd take advantage of the NBs bye this round to promote anyone who even borderline warrants promotion - at least they'll be fresh after a weeks rest and we need that on the big ground especially against the Dees who have good run.  Perhaps the slower guys like Whiley and Graham may miss again (unless Cripps is rested in which case we would need one of them for the grunt factor) but otherwise give the better performed seconds players a shot.  If nothing else it gives the dropped players a needed rest before the last round and if the incoming players don't perform they can get dropped for those guys to come back, if they do perform we may have found something we didn't know we had.

Yep
I reckon it's time to send those who need them off for the minor cleanouts and operations. Get ready for the pre-season.... and give the likely delistees a last couple of games.
Rest Cripps and Weitering, who've probably been carrying injuries.
We look tired and sore and the intensity we displayed against the top sides a couple of weeks back has now disappeared.
We're long odds against Melbourne but a shake up will give us a better chance than just going through the motions.

Reply #20
Can you imagine what Gawn is gonna do to us!? If anyone is still alive in SC - lock him in for Captain.......

Melbourne will smack us.......absolutely smack us......

Lol

In our losing Streak:

Saints - Hickey 2 Goals, in Bests
GWS - Mumford - 2nd BOG
Collingwood - Grundy 2 goals, Second BOG
Adelaide - Jacobs 3 goals, in Bests
Hawks - Ceglar 2 goals, McEvoy 1
Saints x 2 - Hickey 1 goal
Brisbane - Archie Smith, first ever goal.

Lets not froget what Tippet and Sinclair did in round 2 (7 goals) and Goldy did.

We get smashed in the Ruck every week, time to cut Krueze loose and see what Phillips can do as the Number 1.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #21
The only really good game Kreuzer played was against a makeshift ruckman in Jackson Trengrove. I like Kreuzer but injuries have slowed him down and the game has only got quicker. We should try to get Majak Daw.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Lol

In our losing Streak:

GWS - Mumford - 2nd BOG

Lets not froget what Tippet and Sinclair did in round 2 (7 goals) and Goldy did.

We get smashed in the Ruck every week, time to cut Krueze loose and see what Phillips can do as the Number 1.

Well didn't it come close last year? Plus he didn't get the length of contract he was asking for. He was a stop gap.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
The only really good game Kreuzer played was against a makeshift ruckman in Jackson Trengrove. I like Kreuzer but injuries have slowed him down and the game has only got quicker. We try and get Majak Daw.

Old school player in the modern game.

The amount of times he just gets it and throws it on his boot, his dropped marked stopped all our momentum in the third, and doesn't kick enough goals as a forward.

We have kept with him for years at the expense of Sam Jacobs and even Shaun Hampson who ALWAYS played better as a Number 1 ruck. I hate to see the same thing happen to a guy like Phillips, who is still a few years away.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #24
Agreed Shadsey and I suspect it's why we're not going the one ruckman route because if we were to it wouldn't be Kreuzer.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #25
Lol

In our losing Streak:

GWS - Mumford - 2nd BOG

Your problem is with the KPDs not the ruckmen, most of those goals were kicked while the opposition rucks rested on Rowe or Weitering! If we'd had Jammo fit allowing Rowe to take the resting rucks things may have been different, but instead we had Rowe, Weitering and Plowman to deal with blokes like Hickey and Tippett, even when Jammo played he was effectively one-armed! ;) Opposition clubs have exposed Weitering one-on-one because as a first year player he has the body but not the strength yet!

Mumford wasn't in the GWS top ten, in fact the coaches never gave him a vote! The major difference in that game was Mumford and Lobb combined offered similar output, while Kreuzer got almost no support from Phillips.

Tippett, exactly the same as the GWS game, Kreuzer matched it with Tippett and Sinclair, but Phillips ranked dead last on our list. The coaches ranked Tippett and Sinclair equally!

The Collingwood game was a bizarre affair, low scoring yet with very few stoppages. Grundy, lost the ruck, but was very effective while resting forward and benefited from our turning the ball over. Pendlebury was the coaches BOG, with Sinclair as second.

I think you are confusing losing stoppages with losing the ruck, Kreuzer was the top rated ruckmen last weekend but we were smashed in the clearances due to the slow leg speed of our midfield. I had to laugh when the Ch.7 nuffers stated Kreuzer had to lift at 3/4 time. He was the top ranked ruckmen on the ground at the time and had nullified Martin who has been the top ranked ruckmen in the competition over the last 2 months Gaunt included! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
The only really good game Kreuzer played was against a makeshift ruckman in Jackson Trengrove. I like Kreuzer but injuries have slowed him down and the game has only got quicker. We should try to get Majak Daw.

He smashed Martin  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Old school player in the modern game.

The amount of times he just gets it and throws it on his boot, his dropped marked stopped all our momentum in the third...
Agree. That was such a critical error, from memory they goaled from that dropped mark. However, it almost seems endemic in our side... skill errors.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28
Agree. That was such a critical error, from memory they goaled from that dropped mark. However, it almost seems endemic in our side... skill errors.

Yes, it's hardly a case of being Pat Malone. But if we think we are going to find a ruckmen that wins us games we are in for a world of pain. Fix the KPF and KPD problems directly, do not break stuff that is functioning just to fix another problem!

At the weekend I watched Kreuzer tap to advantage time after time, yet the only time we cleared the ball was when Cripps was in the midfield. The rest of the time the Lions got the clearance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29

Was terrific against Geelong too.

I'm not worried who he was against, his output around the ground lifted when Phillips wasn't around. He did take Trengrove on with a bung knee, which had minor surgery the next week, played well showed alot of heart and kicked the winner.