Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 70797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #45
Really impressed with Curnow's second half of the season, got to hand it to the old man Malthouse, he's turned Curnow into a very good player.

One of the great stories of the year. Curnow has gone from a fringe player to one of the first picked and gets a tough job every week.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #46
Really impressed with Curnow's second half of the season, got to hand it to the old man Malthouse, he's turned Curnow into a very good player.

One of the great stories of the year. Curnow has gone from a fringe player to one of the first picked and gets a tough job every week.

He does and he has been getting the job done too. Helps Judd, Gibbs and Murphy, so they can do what they do best.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #47
What about Brock is he any chance?

I still reckon that "he felt a twang in the warm up" is bollocks.

I don't reckon there was any risk Duigan would be left out, he's a defender/defensive forward. If they were fair dinkum they would have brought in a mid to replace Brock.

and I dont expect Brock to play this week.

Tend to agree.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
We've got a shot at it but must be at our very best!

Darcy - he must have photos of someone - never did anything playing and doesn't do much except look at himself on the monitor whilst licking BT's balls....wanker!

C'mon Blues, we can do this!

Reply #49
What about Brock is he any chance?

I still reckon that "he felt a twang in the warm up" is bollocks.

I don't reckon there was any risk Duigan would be left out, he's a defender/defensive forward. If they were fair dinkum they would have brought in a mid to replace Brock.

and I dont expect Brock to play this week.

Tend to agree.

I was on level P all lathered up watching brock warm up and he was running and kicking beautifully.

Reckon they were just joshing the opposition and giving him the weeks rest.

Reply #51
Someone mentioned it already Hawks game plan made sense let them get sucked in to the contest then beat them around the outside with uncontested possession… Perfect blue print for what we have to do on the big open ground. 

Mick has an amazing record against these blokes.

Reply #52
Someone mentioned it already Hawks game plan made sense let them get sucked in to the contest then beat them around the outside with uncontested possession… Perfect blue print for what we have to do on the big open ground. 

Sounds like a plan - if we get too many of our guys sucked into the contested ball sh1tfights we would be playing straight into their hands. I would even be looking to play Juddy goal side of the clearances and contested ball situations.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53

Sounds like a plan - if we get too many of our guys sucked into the contested ball sh1tfights we would be playing straight into their hands. I would even be looking to play Juddy goal side of the clearances and contested ball situations.

Bell, Gibbs and Robinson need to shoulder more and more of this work load.
Judd should do it only when necessary.

Reply #54
'NO LIMITS' to 'THE PROCESS', I 'BELIEVE' ;D ;D ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #55
The fact that they re even entertaining bringing back a guy who hasn't played for 3 months shows that the Swans are getting desperate.
The open spaces of ANZ will suit us better then that other toy ground (SCG)
No pressure on us again, as the Swans are expected to dispatch of us quite easily.
Its great being in the Finals and having a Coach we know LIVES for Finals footy.
This is what we got MM for, and he's so far delivered BIG TIME!

Reply #56
The fact that they re even entertaining bringing back a guy who hasn't played for 3 months shows that the Swans are getting desperate.
No pressure on us again, as the Swans are expected to dispatch of us quite easily.
Its great being in the Finals and having a Coach we know LIVES for Finals footy.
Easy there D7, he hasn't delivered anything yet, he didn't even get us into the finals. But I do see a difference in the past 2 weeks.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #57
Easy there D7, he hasn't delivered anything yet, he didn't even get us into the finals. But I do see a difference in the past 2 weeks.

Wouldn't have mided being a fly on the wall in the change rooms to see MM's half time sprays given to the boys.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #58

Wouldn't have mided being a fly on the wall in the change rooms to see MM's half time sprays given to the boys.

Aye, Mick had had a very poor season imo.

Pure dumb luck (Jimmy Hird's folly) that we are in the 8.

Tigers were always on a hiding to nothing with all the hype.

MM has made some massive selection blunders this year eg Bootsma, White and giving all but no game time (to grab a chance) to Laidler and Duigan.

Heck, but for White's tragic injury he'd probably still be in the 22!

Have even seen some poor match day stuff - playing Waite down back all day agst. the Bummers (from memory) ditto Gibbs.

Losing Yarran when the lad clearly (at this stage) has a lot more to offer running at the ball off HB and carrying it into out attacking half.

I've seen no solution to our persistent very poor starts to matches?

Sydney will be MM's test (and moreover, maybe Freo the week after).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59

Aye, Mick had had a very poor season imo.

Pure dumb luck (Jimmy Hird's folly) that we are in the 8.

Tigers were always on a hiding to nothing with all the hype.

MM has made some massive selection blunders this year eg Bootsma, White and giving all but no game time (to grab a chance) to Laidler and Duigan.

Heck, but for White's tragic injury he'd probably still be in the 22!

Have even seen some poor match day stuff - playing Waite down back all day agst. the Bummers (from memory) ditto Gibbs.

Losing Yarran when the lad clearly (at this stage) has a lot more to offer running at the ball off HB and carrying it into out attacking half.

I've seen no solution to our persistent very poor starts to matches?

Sydney will be MM's test (and moreover, maybe Freo the week after).

Dumb luck would have seen us win a couple more during the year, so I dont think we can agree that we have been lucky.

We have been poor though, yet somehow we have still ended up finishing as well as we have since Dennis Pagan took over.  If we can somehow get over Sydney, it will be our best end of year result since 1999 in what we all consider to have been a poor season.

I cant wait till we see a good season, and have a theory that next year will be one for us.  It will all come up in the wash I guess.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson