Skip to main content
Topic: Is Chris Judd still our best player? (Read 16031 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Chris Judd still our best player?

Reply #30
Juddy has been pretty average late last year and early this year.

However, the last month or 2 Juddy has turned it on...and the rest of the team seems to have stayed the same, or even gone backwards.

Reply #31
Yes definitely.

Next best is Andrew Walker. He could have been traded two years ago to Adelaide. ::)

Reply #32
I thought when Murph won the B&F in 2011 the era was over. Sadly it's not but what's even sadder is that it's not because Judd has found another gear, in fact he has slipped and others have not risen.

Yes exactly. This is our big worry and it has major ramifications going forward.

It's why we need to inject kids like Menzel, Buckley and Graham.

Agree....you have to be able to get a handle on players ability and make calls early these days and I think these three can make it with Menzel having real A grade potential....something a bit Wayne Johnston like about T. Menzel with his skills, can only hope and pray he gets that Dominator win at all costs attitude happening.
Buckley has pace and kicks goals and is your ideal sub IMO...we need to put pressure on Garlett, Yarran and Betts for their spots and I reckon Buckley is the man.
Graham is your old style crafty footballer who knows his way around a ground and will gather possies very easily.....probably lacks a yard of pace but has the smarts to overcome that.
Maybe needs to do a bit more the other way when opposing teams have the ball.....like to think we can get him fitter and be a Dane Swan type who will not stand out too much but at the end games you look at the stat sheet and he has had a lot of the ball and been very effective all while being very unspectacular.

Reply #33
Elwood1. Menzel, Buckley and Graham need to get far more exposure in the seniors. They need to get up to the pace of the game, and they need to develop under the pressure they will experience in the future if they are to develop properly. Sure they don't have to play every game, but they can't be left in the seconds forever. I haven't seen much of Graham so I will trust you and take your word on his ability. You haven't pumped up the tyres of an ordinary player yet. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #34
Juddy has been pretty average late last year and early this year.

However, the last month or 2 Juddy has turned it on...and the rest of the team seems to have stayed the same, or even gone backwards.

I thought his start to the year was pretty good as well.

Reply #35
Elwood1. Menzel, Buckley and Graham need to get far more exposure in the seniors. They need to get up to the pace of the game, and they need to develop under the pressure they will experience in the future if they are to develop properly. Sure they don't have to play every game, but they can't be left in the seconds forever. I haven't seen much of Graham so I will trust you and take your word on his ability. You haven't pumped up the tyres of an ordinary player yet. ;)

Thanks Mants but I have plenty of skeletons of ordinary players hiding in the cupboard who never gave a yelp.... :-[.....Luke Mitchell being one of them.....

Nick Graham's selection was the work of Nick Stevens who coached the lad at U18 level and pumped his tyres up to our recruiters....Morrish medal winner and a player noted for his skills, ability to create goals for others and kick a few himself when he pushes forward. What I like about Graham is his ability to use the ball in traffic and he is very good in the wet weather.
I see him as a footballers footballer rather than a athlete with upside.....needs to get fitter and his playing weight up a bit more and then he will serve us well IMO....

Reply #36
Yes, Judd is still our best player, and that is a bit sad as I reckon that Murphy, Gibbs and even Yarran have had time to go past him, if they ever were or will.

I hate using the word, but "potentially" Yarran is our best player.
He's got it all when it comes to skill and athletic ability, he's one of a rare breed who can make the difficult look easy but we all know it takes more than talent to make a champion.
I'm still hopeful.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.