Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 11479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
If we keep starting slow and weak with efforts we won’t win any games soon. I heard the bang today. I hope the players heard the same.

What will happen when we play one of the better sides and start poorly is they'll keep going on with it and it won't be pretty.

No doubt it's a concern for Teague and Co.
How you fix something like that is a coaching challenge that will earn him extra points if he can rectify it.

Reply #16
If we keep starting slow and weak with efforts we won’t win any games soon. I heard the bang today. I hope the players heard the same.

Cost us 2 wins those starts. Gave two starts to the Dogs. After qtr time we have no issue kicking goals but we need to be on it from the start. Could've been 4-0. Take a while to get the right balance of this game style sorted out and will be better by year's end as we get the hang of it. Help too if we could stop kicking it to the opposition.

Reply #17
When we finally learn to play four quarters, not just one, we'll be far better.  Rather obvious comment.  That was dismal and for maybe three players, your careers are over.   

Reply #18
Getting into  the habit of starting in 1st gear and not warming up for half the game. It's a game killer.

Some stepped up. Ed his usual strong effort and Walsh. Casboult, MK, and SOJ were flying the flag with few mates for a while then Setterfield, Murphy, and Kennedy chipped in.

What was going on with our usually very good defense ????. Jonesy looked dazed in the first half.

Our young mids didn't hold up for 2q. Not unexpectedly after the WA game. Left it to too few and then it was too late despite the rotation advantage.

Lang needs to send his pay back to the club and p$%& off back to Geelong. Enough is enough.

Whilst I noticed McG bringing ball to ground and shepherding occasionally, he's just not right. Not sure if its the ever-changing personnel or what, but geez when your top forward misses what he missed today, it kills team confidence.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
I'm on the Bellarine and we don't want Lang either.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
I'm on the Bellarine and we don't want Lang either.

Best he look for another career eh!
I remained hopeful but .... he's failed imo
No sign In 2s or 1s that he's prepared to work for a living.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #21
And just how many teams would have a 3 / 12 WL record and have a percentage in the 80s?

Reply #22
Lang needs to send his pay back to the club and p$%& off back to Geelong. Enough is enough.

We obviously lack something to get the best out of players like Smedts and Lang when they were at the Handbaggers!

What's in the water down there ProfE? ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
ATM?   Flathead and good,  really good calamari.

What's Fisher done to be hammered at every contest?  Pretty ugly by Lewis... Kind of like Hawthorn.   Slow, on borrowed time and dirty as all get out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
Boy are we light on in the midfield.

SOS, Get in Coniglio and a b grade mid  and we would have won 4 in a row.

Way too many kids in the midfield. They just can’t play at the desired level for 4 quarters. We carry too many too often to be a decent afl team.

Reply #25
We obviously lack something to get the best out of players like SMedts and Lang when they were at the Handbaggers!

What's in the water down there ProfE? ;)

A stable list of quality, experienced players. And calamari. Yummo.

Reply #26
Who was McGovern decoying for today? :-\

It’s our delivery into the forward line that’s the issue
It’s either bombed in high or we are running back towards goal which doesn’t work with our disposal

Where are our lead up forwards taking the ball out in front on their chest. We are the only team that struggles to hit a forward on the lead. Dow a prime example in the 1st today

Reply #27
What's Fisher done to be hammered at every contest?  Pretty ugly by Lewis... Kind of like Hawthorn.   Slow, on borrowed time and dirty as all get out.

Not just Fisher, the Dees have given up on success with this list and their bunch of hacks are playing to extend their careers. Umpiring is supposed to put an end to this rubbish, but they ignore blokes being smashed off the ball and pay tickles in contested marking contests.

Poor DE% by Walsh, Lang and Plowman doesn't help, they either disadvantage team-mates or just hot potato the football! It sets up team-mates to be poleaxed!

SoJ's best game by some margin, really showed heart and composure against big bodied opponents.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Simpson's last kick straight to Oliver..............sigh.

Reply #29
My issue with McGovern playing is not so much with the player himself.
It's to do with his continued selection in light of his output.

He had a very interrupted pre-season, and has had other injuries through the year.
His timing at times when going for marks just seems to be out.
With a good run over the off-season we may see a better version in 2020.
But just now with not a lot to play for, we should be perhaps looking at others like Kerr who we may have to make a decision about at the end of the year.