Skip to main content
Topic: AAMI Community Match vs Melbourne (Read 5339 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AAMI Community Match vs Melbourne

Reply #90
Kennedy struggled with injury for a couple of seasons. Then, he seemed to be out of favour under DT. I’m looking forward to him getting regular games. His marking and kicking for goal is a real strength as a midfielder. Just as Polson was the BB mini me, I think Bam Bam may be the Vossy mini me. At least I hope so.

So much to like during the hit out. None more pleasing than the defensive efforts across the ground. The synergy in the midfield was also pleasing.

Kennedy was more out of favour with Bolton than Teague.  To be frank, it was the move to the rookie list that seemed to bring him back to life.  Some people need to stare the death of their career in the face, before they can start to appreciate it, and breathe life into it.

I think the boys were put under a lot of pressure with Bolts, and some of them may have fell out of love with the game.  Props to Teague who seemed to reignite the flame in a lot of the team.

I think Teague's only real issue was that whilst its good to enjoy your footy, there seemed to be a lack of team ethos, and a going through the motions.  Perhaps it was the fact that some of our blokes may have thought that they could be developed as individuals and players better.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
Kennedy was more out of favour with Bolton than Teague.  To be frank, it was the move to the rookie list that seemed to bring him back to life.  Some people need to stare the death of their career in the face, before they can start to appreciate it, and breathe life into it.
Yes, we will never really know.

There were also those rumours of some fractured relationships between Kennedy and others at the club, maybe those issues have moved on! But there was a lot of shizen happening during the pandemic seasons that are not really a fair or normal circumstance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
I think Teague's only real issue was that whilst its good to enjoy your footy, there seemed to be a lack of team ethos, and a going through the motions.  Perhaps it was the fact that some of our blokes may have thought that they could be developed as individuals and players better.
Yes, this seems to be the case but as fans we can't be sure, but you would expect somebody on the inside knows and it may well have been a contributing factor to Teague losing his job!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
I think the boys were put under a lot of pressure with Bolts, and some of them may have fell out of love with the game.
Pavlov's dogs.

The Force Awakens!