Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5021 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Heard Pendlebury on the radio this morning.

Talked about how gastro (or flu or something similar) has gone right through the club over the last 2-3 weeks. Thats why he was a late out against the dogs in R8.

He says its finally back to normal and everyone is back to full fitness.
So we need to realise that their form of late has not been a true reflection of their talent and they should not be taken lightly.
They will probably have heavy legs after that slog yesterday. 

But Collingwood always get up and about for these big games, and I am worried that we are due for a downer after a big month.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #16
They were superb here in the wet yesterday....hopefully the travel and slog in the wet takes a toll.

With Cox injured, they might just go with the Cameron ruck and a smaller bloke helping out in much the same way we've done with Silvagni.

It won't get any easier for Charlie with both Moore and Howe down back but hopefully our smaller/medium forwards can get it done again.

Reply #17
Moore will be a good matchup for Charlie given his size and our other forwards in our smalls will have to hit the scoreboard a bit more this week.
Can see Weitering being dragged out of play this week given his brilliant form and the emphasis will be to stop him marking everything and make him work more up the ground.
Degoey and Elliott always make me nervous as they are hard matchups and I hope Stocker gets Ginnivan who is your typical Collingwood smartarse small forward that likes the limelight.

Reply #18
Just brutalise them and make them fear our footsteps - it's perceived pressure and some magnificent ball movement at times thats getting us the wins - it all starts in the middle. Make them fear us after quarter time

Reply #19
Moore will be a good matchup for Charlie given his size and our other forwards in our smalls will have to hit the scoreboard a bit more this week.
Can see Weitering being dragged out of play this week given his brilliant form and the emphasis will be to stop him marking everything and make him work more up the ground.
Degoey and Elliott always make me nervous as they are hard matchups and I hope Stocker gets Ginnivan who is your typical Collingwood smartarse small forward that likes the limelight.
Looks like rain so it will be interesting, not sure who it favours given both sides have pretty active SFs, but The G dries so quickly unless it's game time rain it doesn't really mean much.

On the Charlie v Moore show, if I was Charlie I'd take Moore to the square and make it a wrestle. I think Moore likes to jump at the pill and Charlie will have him covered if it turns into a wrestle. Which means the Filth will have get someone jumping over the top to help out Moore and that leaves another forward free!

If Cox is injured it really helps us, because Young can take the deep marking forward and let Weitering intercept the footy. I've watched Young closely the last two weeks, good closing speed, faster than people think, is getting better and better at pulling the trigger of when to go and when to stay.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20

On the Charlie v Moore show, if I was Charlie I'd take Moore to the square and make it a wrestle. I think Moore likes to jump at the pill and Charlie will have him covered if it turns into a wrestle. Which means the Filth will have get someone jumping over the top to help out Moore and that leaves another forward free!

Whoever is on Howe (Jack....?) needs to drag him away from Charlie vs Moore.  Tom Lynch had a picnic on Moore because he spends too much time looking for intercepts and dashing up field, and not enough time looking after his man.  If we can force turnovers as they try to rebound out of 50, Charlie will find himself in the clear regularly.

The Collingwood guys I would target for close attention are Crisp and Adams.  This is where most of their drive originates.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #21
Looks like rain so it will be interesting, not sure who it favours given both sides have pretty active SFs, but The G dries so quickly unless it's game time rain it doesn't really mean much.

If Cox is injured it really helps us, because Young can take the deep marking forward and let Weitering intercept the footy. I've watched Young closely the last two weeks, good closing speed, faster than people think, is getting better and better at pulling the trigger of when to go and when to stay.
I think Cox has been a liability for Collingwood and they work better with a smaller lineup and a player like Mihocek playing that unassuming workhorse type FF role where he moves around a lot, brings the ball to ground and contests everything. Cox needs delivery and space and if he isnt marking the ball then he is useless.
I'd be sticking Cottrell on Josh Daicos too as its often his delivery that sets up a lot of Collingwood attacking moves....

Reply #22
Unleash Paddy Wow on the G, I reckon this game is tailor made for him. Come on Vossy, do it son.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
If anyone was coming in it'd be a tall....but we don't have any!

Jack Martin might be available but not sure he forces his way into the side either.

Reply #25
At whose expense?
At the very least Kemp, maybe Carroll?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26

Paddy for Carroll suits me just fine. Prefer Newnes and Martin though. Hard bodies and professional role players. In Voss I trust

Reply #27
Nup not for me.  Carrol has done enough to remain, and if the scribes are to be believed, you can expect to see Williamson before Dow.

I like Dow, I respect him immensely and hope he makes it but the acquisition of Cerra is a tell that he might be the next cab off the rank for a trade particularly with what Carroll has shown he can do. 

It makes sense.  Hewett and Cerra fill the holes in a way that he cant, which makes him at best a depth option.  If he is happy to sit around and wait for a chance, he could be the next Cripps, but he is too good to waste his time in the magoos and we will need to churn through those spots on the list to find room for other players eventually. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #28
If Newnes was really "managed" last week he has to come back in so can't see any changes to the team this week (unless there's a health protocol omission) other than Kemp making way. Which I'm not entirely happy about.

Reply #29

This i don't get.

You want to play a relative kid, Dow, at the expense of actual kids who are still wet behind the ears, and doing nothing really wrong.

Why?

What have we got to gain from this? Ruining the confidence of a kid, who earned their spot for someone who doesn't really fill a need in the 22?