Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 2553 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
I feel sorry for the coaches - they want to build a team but injuries don't allow to put a structure on the park.

Reply #31
Do we take a punt on Marchbank? VFL form great but with the bye he'll be 3 weeks between games

Reply #32
Be a good result if we hold on next five minutes

Reply #33
Nice defence Plowman. Any chance you can attack the ball

Reply #34
Defensive structure is totally lost.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
@shawny
"Can’t wait to get the regular defenders back"

Who exactly are they again?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #36
Bombing the ball down forward won't work vs Moore and Howe, been smashed on the wings by Sidebottom and J Daicos.

Reply #37
Our body language looks defeated. That was not a great third quarter. Sure a quarter to go, but it isn’t looking good.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38
Didn’t Taylor sound stupid (stupider) when he suggested sos could move down back to cover Weitering because …”he’s played a lot down there…” 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

He got Durdins mixed up last week. This week he got Silvagnis mixed up. Surely was thinking of Stephen (or Ben). Jack...not so much.

Reply #39
Cottrell is totally unaccountable against Sidebottom. He's too smart not to sit on until we get possession. They should start feeling legweary shortly. Interstate trip in the wet, shorter turn around.

Reply #40
Little bit too short - not getting the contested marks. But we have more runners hope the boys rise to the challenge.. Harry would have been handy now.

Reply #41
This is not done. I think we preserved some energy in that quarter as the game was played almost kick to kick. Time of tour midfielders to rip this quarter apart. 

Reply #42
Cottrell is totally unaccountable against Sidebottom. He's too smart not to sit on until we get possession. They should start feeling legweary shortly. Interstate trip in the wet, shorter turn around.
We're pushing our wings Cottrell and Fisher behind the footy to cover the loss of Weiters, it's the forwards that should be covering blokes like Sidebottom standing free on the fat side.

I'm sorry but Motlop is a non-event today, he's not contributing enough when we do not have the footy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
I think we've played better than i expected post-weitering.
We've hit 100+ points for 4 weeks running i think.
This time....waste time, keep it close, because if its a shootout, we are done.

Commentators are complaining about us always playing straight down the line....but everytime we don't a turnover results in a shot on goal. This way we are wasting time as well as conserving energy.

I'd like to see us kick a few more chaos ball I50 because bombing long when you only have 1 tall up forward is not working for us.
Bring the smalls into the game.

Honestly, if we pull off a win in this one, it will be our best win for the year IMO.

Down back we've lost...
Weitering
Jones
McDonald
McGovern
Marchbank
Young
Plowman
Kemp