Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 46678 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Doesn't feel like we're playing for a finals birth but that's the reality of the situation. Win and we're in. I think we're a good chance with Port having nothing to play for.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #1
Scum had nothing to play for either.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Doesn't feel like we're playing for a finals birth but that's the reality of the situation. Win and we're in. I think we're a good chance with Port having nothing to play for.

Last ever game at AAMI for them mate. Reckon they'll want to leave on a winning note. Favourites IMO.
Keep the Faith

Reply #3
Hopefully we will be fired up and keen to atone for last Sat, but even so I would tip Port unfortunately. A win for us would be a long shot.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
I know some will feel that it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you do.

I don't reckon that we deserve to be there. Forget the Essendon saga, we haven't done enough to be there. Don't get me wrong, as much as the media are bunking up North Melbourne, either have they, and the other so called hopes, Crows, Lions and Eagles, deserve to be there even less than us.

Essendon will rightly get the Tijuana Brass because of their infractions. But they have been a better team than us all year.

For those who want to say, well that's coz of the drugs, I urge you to read Doctor Reids letter, which condemns in the strongest possible terms, Hirds use of these drugs, not only coz they may be illegal, but because they don't actually work. And he stresses that the use of the players own blood, which all clubs do, works a lot better.

WE have so many weaknesses in our team due to a lack of key position players, that in some ways, it's remarkable that we are where we are.

Another reason I don't want us in the finals, is because a clean out has been virtually promised by the Coach and CEO, and if we make the finals, albeit by default, that may cloud the issue and reduce the desire to get rid of the players that we know need to go.

Reply #5
If Essendon were stripped of points 2 or 3 months ago we would be 8th and no one would think anything of it. The AFL took their time to strip the points to avoid all the dead rubbers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6
The team has to make a game of it, if anything for all the Blues supporters who live in Adelaide. their last showing against the Power at Aami was pathetic and embarassing. So they have to come to play just to atone for that performance.
Have taken my lad to 6 games so far and have only won one.

Show some heart, some pride for the jumper and your supporters >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #7
I know some will feel that it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you do.

I don't reckon that we deserve to be there. Forget the Essendon saga, we haven't done enough to be there. Don't get me wrong, as much as the media are bunking up North Melbourne, either have they, and the other so called hopes, Crows, Lions and Eagles, deserve to be there even less than us.

Essendon will rightly get the Tijuana Brass because of their infractions. But they have been a better team than us all year.

For those who want to say, well that's coz of the drugs, I urge you to read Doctor Reids letter, which condemns in the strongest possible terms, Hirds use of these drugs, not only coz they may be illegal, but because they don't actually work[/size][/size]. And he stresses that the use of the players own blood, which all clubs do, works a lot better.

WE have so many weaknesses in our team due to a lack of key position players, that in some ways, it's remarkable that we are where we are.

Another reason I don't want us in the finals, is because a clean out has been virtually promised by the Coach and CEO, and if we make the finals, albeit by default, that may cloud the issue and reduce the desire to get rid of the players that we know need to go.

Placebo effect?
Players think they're getting stronger, work harder at the gym, think they're invincible on the field, etc, etc, etc.
How often do we say most of our player's problems are between the ears?

Reply #8
Always a tough game vs Port at home...think they will start favourites.....

Reply #9
For those who want to say, well that's coz of the drugs, I urge you to read Doctor Reids letter, which condemns in the strongest possible terms, Hirds use of these drugs, not only coz they may be illegal, but because they don't actually work. And he stresses that the use of the players own blood, which all clubs do, works a lot better.

There's a reason no documentation exists. If you believe all they took is AOD you are somewhat naive there Bignic.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
Why would they take their players to secret locations to get injections that don't do anything?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
Always a tough game vs Port at home...think they will start favourites.....

And they know they are playing finals so Hinkley will have them up and about after last weeks debacle. Big challenge for MM to get our boys firing at AAMI in a last round that may amount to nothing.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #12
My 5 cents worth -

In's - Kruesrrr, AW, Garlett, Carcia
Out's - McClean (Inj), Scotland (Inj), Warnock, Joseph.

Thought Duigs at least had a crack, he should get another chance...

Reply #13
My 2 cents, heavy loss coming up and season over and done with (thank fark). I reckon Sat night killed their confidence and will be empty this week. Ins will be irrelavent. Norf will come over the top if they win coz of their %.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
Port are going to want to win. why? Momentum and confidence going into the finals plus it's the last game at footy park.

If the Blue boys don't show up mentally, I agree it could get ugly. But knowing our inconsistent form we'll probably win this one.  ::)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!