Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs Port Adelaide at the MCG (Read 9599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 5: Carlton vs Port Adelaide at the MCG

Reply #90
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/911131/teague-we-need-to-be-up-for-the-challenge?fbclid=IwAR3BuN1dyVM9UWB5-D944vemSsca3Dzo3iY55bKNbw0_CFune536rPage5A
No David, we need to win EOS. Being up for the challenge is a gimme, its a non negotiable that goes without saying.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/16/why-a-pass-mark-isnt-good-enough-for-carlton-anymore/
Yep
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #93
wow teague going 50 c each way with his comments ,bullsh...t MUST win game and that is how you say thanks to 80 k members

Reply #94
wow teague going 50 c each way with his comments ,bullsh...t MUST win game and that is how you say thanks to 80 k members
Not a must win yet. If the flag favourite plays to their very best form not often the side 8th will beat them. Fact of life, actually in any sport. Fortunately not always the way it is as performance can be variable week to week in a 22 game season . I don't mind. If we play our way we'll win more often than not. Focus on your processes and let the outcome look after itself, which is essentially what he is saying. Won't always result in a win on a given day but eventually you will have your day.

Reply #95
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/16/why-a-pass-mark-isnt-good-enough-for-carlton-anymore/

If we were to lose tomorrow by falling 7 goals behind but losing by one i'd be really pissed off I must admit, even against they flag favourites. Means we haven't learnt anything. If we go hammer and tongs and lose by a few points though, like against them last year, i'll be frustrated but not disappointed.

So far this year our effort against Richmond was a very good one, kicking to hit the front with a few min to go, Freo terrific, Gold Coast, yeah, not bad, a win, lifted when it mattered, but that's about it but i'll take that over the terrific game against the Tigers. 3 out of 4 games we have seen some good stuff. If we keep seeing that we will win more than we lose. As long as we don't see the round 2 effort.

Reply #96
Why is it a must win game?

We MUST beat the team that finished on top of the ladder last year, with an injury list in double figures, when we are sitting at 2-2 (in the 8) with plenty of games left in the season.

Why is THIS week a must win?
....because we have 80k members? Are we going to have them next week.....and the week after....and every other game this year! Is every week a must win game??

People are really losing their grip on reality with Teague/Port at the moment.

Reply #97
Why is it a must win game?

We MUST beat the team that finished on top of the ladder last year, with an injury list in double figures, when we are sitting at 2-2 (in the 8) with plenty of games left in the season.

Why is THIS week a must win?
....because we have 80k members? Are we going to have them next week.....and the week after....and every other game this year! Is every week a must win game??

People are really losing their grip on reality with Teague/Port at the moment.

That makes sense Kruddler.  However, every game should be a must win game for us, regardless of the opposition.  Saying that we must be "in the game"  is not good enough. 

Rather than his usual bland, two bob each way stuff, Teague's message should have been:

"These are the games that we need to stand up in," Teague said on Thursday.

"We played quite well against them last year ... we know they're a good side, but we're a better side than we were last year.

"It's progression. We want to win these games. We showed last year we can compete with anyone and our next challenge is to get a win over Port.

"They're the games you've got to be able to win."

Teague admitted he was a fan of the style of Port, who sit fourth, ahead of the Blues in seventh with two wins and two losses to open the year.

"They're a great team. They're a team I enjoy watching play and the way they play.  The challenge for our group is to play better footy than Port and I am confident that we will do that."
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #98
I would think that people are actually wondering whether we have improved as a team?

We were that close last year against Port, not unreasonable to expect a better result against a banged up team (post the brutal Tigers game). And people are afraid we'll produce a Pies game style choke. Because that's what it was....

If Williams is back - and no doubt well rested - our midfield (minus TDK granted) is at full strength. Short of Martin too.

That's where games are inevitably won or lost...

Go Blues.

Blues by 16.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99
In Gov Kennedy Willo Willams
Out Parks (hammy) SOS (severed arm) Dow Setters (both omitted)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
How on earth does Williamson get a game before Kennedy? Can only think there's a fitness doubt on Saad who looked proppy towards the end of last week. Kennedy would be handy in the middle against blokes like Wines, Boak etc.

Reply #101
Ooops...my bad, didn't realise Parks was out!!!

Reply #102
In Gov Kennedy Willo Willams
Out Parks (hammy) SOS (severed arm) Dow Setters (both omitted)

Now we're talkin'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #103
Ladhams out for Port. This will help Pittonet. Good for us.

Matt Kennedy's 50th.

Reply #104
Even with all their outs, that Port team looks pretty decent.