Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 8091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #45
Tom Williamson needs to be dropped this week and probably delisted unless we see a major improvement.
Been a fan since day one but right now he is a major liability and its impossible to have a defender who cant kick on his non preferred foot in some shape or form playing down back. The game is too quick and high pressure to get back on your preferred all the time and you have to be able to hit targets on both feet.
You add that to some horrible decision making, plus shaky kicking on his preferred foot and I cant see how he can command a place in our best 22. The sooner Newman is fit and back in the team the better...

Reply #46
Tom Williamson needs to be dropped this week and probably delisted unless we see a major improvement.
Been a fan since day one but right now he is a major liability and its impossible to have a defender who cant kick on his non preferred foot in some shape or form playing down back. The game is too quick and high pressure to get back on your preferred all the time and you have to be able to hit targets on both feet.
You add that to some horrible decision making, plus shaky kicking on his preferred foot and I cant see how he can command a place in our best 22. The sooner Newman is fit and back in the team the better...
And apart from not being able to use his right foot, he has virtually zero awareness and gets caught very often. Shame really, he has a good physique and a decent tank. Maybe he needs to be tried up the ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
And apart from not being able to use his right foot, he has virtually zero awareness and gets caught very often. Shame really, he has a good physique and a decent tank.

Glad to see people are coming around to my way of thinking nowadays re willo.

Reply #48
And apart from not being able to use his right foot, he has virtually zero awareness and gets caught very often. Shame really, he has a good physique and a decent tank. Maybe he needs to be tried up the ground.
Fair point about his awareness, the time away he had from the game with his back injuries has really messed with him
and he just isnt that same assured player we all had high hopes for.....

Reply #49
I wonder how we would go against BrisVegas if all 22 played with the work ethic of Walsh, Cripps & Weitering?
I'd like to see that.

A better work ethic will add speed to some of the players who don't run both ways with intensity (for a player with decent speed, SPS doesn't run either way with intensity) but it won't change the fact that some of our players lack the speed to apply pressure on opponents.

Reply #50
Get the club to roll out Bruce Doull to have a chat to the group about effort and dedication to the cause.
Might make some of the boys wet their pants.
I think he came in for a chat to the group in 95 and the rest is history. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #51
Tipping this week Brisbane won't be happy with the scrutiny on Carlton. Usually ends up badly for that side. We never get beat by 5 goals on our worst days (bit of junk stuff very occasionally) so when we are serious it can be unpleasant for the opposition. Pity it lasts only for about 2 weeks before old habits die hard.

Reply #52
Get the club to roll out Bruce Doull to have a chat to the group about effort and dedication to the cause.
Might make some of the boys wet their pants.
I think he came in for a chat to the group in 95 and the rest is history. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Doull will have a chat?

Great bloke, but wasnt he known for being a bit reclusive and not one to say much?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
John Worsfold will mentor David Teague and the blues coaches, attending the game this weekend. They are friends from West Coast, and have been in discussion since February. It’s part time, but will boost support and add IP. #exclusive

Reply #55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNwUaqVYBDo

That was my recollection of his reputation.

Meanwhile, I bumped into him at Greensborough plaza a few years back.  Said G'day Bruce, and he said, G'day!

It's interesting.  David Parkin is probably the person we should be rolling out to talk to everyone at the club.

Even in that video, he comes across differently to every single other person and you hang on his word in a way that none of the other blokes can really capture your attention.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
None of the playing group were even born when Bruce last wore his jumper.  And they're not worthy of his presence.

Reply #57
Baggers....I'd add Jack Silvagni to your list of blokes who play with intent....IMO we missed him last year when he got injured and we're missing him again now.

Reply #58
None of the playing group were even born when Bruce last wore his jumper.  And they're not worthy of his presence.
I'd like Bruce to look McGovern in the eye and ask him how the #11 is working out for him.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #59
I'd like Bruce to look McGovern in the eye and ask him how the #11 is working out for him.....
Great...Thanks for asking Bruce, been on an all expenses holiday for three years.....havent had much use for the jumper apart from keeping warm at the G, gets real cold standing around doing nothing...