Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 7189 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #45
He's a lower creature than that,  his hit on Aaron Joseph was reprehensible. 

Zurhaar has committed a few atrocities as well... How he got away with pushing a player into the fence staggers me.   I'd have banned him for life. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
One mangy mongrel at a time ...

Reply #47
This is a danger game for us, not confident for the following reasons:
- injury to Pitto and maybe H
- NM are at an all time low, media bashing them are we have been known to give mobs a leg up when they need it, they may bounce back this week.

People here bagging Zeibel and Zurhaar, they the same type of ruthless kents Vossy was and he would have them in our side tomorrow.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
People here bagging Zeibel and Zurhaar, they the same type of ruthless kents Vossy was and he would have them in our side tomorrow.
Ziebel is a bit old and slow, and hurts himself as much as he hurts others, but given an opportunity he won't hesitate to clean up Cripps, Walsh or Cerra across CHF.

I bet you can find Ziebell hanging back about 25m to 35m out from goal waiting for that cross to the Mid floating forward who will be side on to him, that's the type of target he and Zurhaar like, someone blind to their approach, or someone much much smaller!

Our problem is we really haven't got an enforcer, Zurhaar knows it, Ziebell knows it, it's almost a free hit against us!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
Let's hope Carlton fans boo them relentlessly and perhaps supporters of other clubs will follow suit.

Reply #50
I'm not so much worried about the physical stuff that Ziebell and Zurhaar can dish out but the danger they present up forward as medium/marking types who can hit the scoreboard. Weitering took care of Taberner last week but blokes like Walters, Schultz and Switkowski kicked multiple goals and we didn't seem to have anyone capable of locking down on them. Stephenson is another one that will present a danger this week too.

Reply #51
Let's hope Carlton fans boo them relentlessly and perhaps supporters of other clubs will follow suit.
Many do already if you had bothered to notice it, after the Joseph hit our crowds did it consistently for several seasons, the same applied to Wellingham after the Simpson hit. Why didn't you notice it?

Perhaps they need to target the footy at a few cheer squads to get it rolling, and if they are lucky it will enable them to play the victim. ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Maybe it wasn't that loud or sustained. Did other clubs' supporters do the same too?

Reply #53
We should have Goldstein covered when he goes forward: Lewis Young stands at 2.01m, the same as Goldstein. It's in our interests to develop Young as quickly as possible as a tall defender. This is exactly the sort of challenge we should throw his way and I expect Goldstein will still beat him in a few one-on-one contests as he's a bigger body and has the benefit of years of AFL footy behind him. We just need to support Young with a bit of team defence: a few decent blocks wouldn't be a bad idea and putting pressure on the kick into F50 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Play Young on Goldstein all day. If he's up forward (most of his day) he's on him, if he's in the ruck, he's on him, if he's on the bench, so is Young. Just give him that one project for the day and let TDK do the other ruck work and JSOS do his thing up forward.

Reply #54
Yep, that would do the trick too if Mirkov isn't up to it. But then we'd need someone to cover Xerri if he's rested in the forward line, though if Xerri isn't much chop as a forward Voss might prefer to run a rebounding defender off him.

Reply #55
Maybe it wasn't that loud or sustained. Did other clubs' supporters do the same too?
I doubt it, they didn't continue to act in a way inciting the crowd round after round after round against every opponent!

Perhaps if they had stooped to a weekly weak as piss act they might have been booed by all and sundry! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Why are Zeibel & Zurhaar only nasty to Carlton players? That doesn't make sense.

Reply #57
Why are Zeibel & Zurhaar only nasty to Carlton players? That doesn't make sense.
Who said they aren't nasty to others as well?

But then again I've never seen them react to the crowd, or have the media make an issue of it, they just get on with football and do not use it as an excuse as far as I can tell, maybe they like being the bad boy!

I never saw Hodge or Selwood react either, and they are / were relentlessly booed and sledged. It's a pity you seem oblivious to this, but perhaps not a surprise.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
I'm still looking for the elusive ingredient that will take the booing to its resonant frequency.

Reply #59
I'm still looking for the elusive ingredient that will take the booing to its resonant frequency.
Sledging the crowd in some manner, with gesticulations or virtually, and leading them on to believe you can be distracted from your game by jeers seems to be the secret ingredient.

I would have thought it pretty obvious for the open minded!
The Force Awakens!