Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #75
The charge against Young includes that he failed to exercise a duty of care to Zurhaar.

What the charge is failing to understand is that Zurhaar also has a duty of care to himself. He knew (or should) if he continued to charge at the aggot as vigorously as he did and with Young standing where he was, that, he (Zurhaar) was in fact contributing in no small manner to his own endangerment. Are players who are about to be kamikazed by someone ignoring of their own safety expected to be responsible for such carelessness; to do their utmost to get out of the way of the kamikaze act?

If you have poor regard for your own well-being does it then become the responsibility of the person you're going to recklessly career into?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #76
In basketball Zurhaar would have received a call for a charge and picked up a foul, funny how two different sports see the incident differently. A player is entitled to hold his ground and brace for contact IMHO the same as in basketball and should be entitled to protection. The problem was Young is a bigger human and Zurhaar came off second best so Young gets punished...wrong IMO.
Interesting Zurhaar was the one who came in to pull Young off Larkey after the latter tunneled our man and then threw Young to the ground. Karma for that schmuck Zurhaar IMO and highlight of the game for me.....Young has gone way up in my estimations and happy to have him on the list.

Reply #77
Oh gerard Healy was very anti Carlton on the commentary.  Was surprised to hear him call stuff that one way.  He's usually pretty good.
Healy was terrible, as you said anti Carlton all night and it was so obvious. The rest of the Fox team wasn't any better Sat night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #78
Every fking time. Surely we challenge the Young one. The dirty pr1ck Larkey has to get 3 weeks if you base it on stocker and young’s suspensions.

Joke Afl.
Tunnelling is not a reportable/suspendible offence.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #79
Tunnelling is not a reportable/suspendible offence.
I take that back, Larkey has been suspended.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
The reason the game erupted was because Norp became frustrated that the shizen bully boy tactics they had used in the past to beat up on us failed to work this time around. Blokes like Larkey and Horne-Francis really showed themselves to be bottom of the barrel, and I have to applauded our guys for staying focussed and not taking a step back when required.

This is another new feature of our club that Voss should get some credit for!

I hope the club contests the Young MRO penalty, given Stocker is out it's a bit of a waste of time contesting that one but maybe it should do so also as a show of unity! What Young did wasn't much more than brace for impact, while Zurhaar acted like he is free to throw himself through a pack of players and expects the opposition to part like Noah crossing the Red Sea. Interesting all the media describe the Young event as a collision.

Zurhaar's shizen attitude comes from being allowed by the AFL to get away with so much so early in his career, the AFL MRO is mostly to blame in this case.

Given recent MRO outcomes, how can it be the case that Horne-Francis hasn't been done for an on video hit on Silvagni, it's simply bizarre!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
Horne Francis has been fined $2000 for striking

Reply #82
Horne Francis has been fined $2000 for striking
Earlier in the season some players got games for much the same act, now it's just a fine, all because SoJ didn't was stoic about being punched in the guts yet again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
Late to the party as usual.

Didn't get to watch the game because of family commitments but watched the highlights....and loved the Young bump on Zurhaar....especially after some of the discussion on here during the week before the game about the likes of him. And was then staggered to see that Young gets a week? Brad Scott needs to come out this week and basically say that the hip and shoulder bump is basically outlawed from here on it even when there's no head high contact....because that's basically what this suspension is saying. If "care for the player" is what it's about then Larkey should get 3-4 weeks because that act (after the whistle too) has the potential to cause serious injury.

On a side not, was so rapt to see Jack Carroll get a debut and play so well....showed lots of compsure. I posted on here a few weeks back that he will surprise a few people this year. He's an automatic upgrade on Setterfield and should hold his spot this week even if Hewett comes back in. I think him and O'Brien could be a handy pair on the wings as they're different sorts of players but can both use the ball really well.

Reply #84
Brad Scott needs to come out this week and basically say that the hip and shoulder bump is basically outlawed from here on

I wouldn't expect anything from that "terd"

Reply #85
I wouldn't expect anything from that "terd"

I hope you haven’t raised your arms while you’re saying that 😉
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #86
Club is appealing the Young ban. I just watched it again and surely that can't be a week? Got him on the shoulder and winded him....that's all it was.

A few weeks back Mason Cox jumped in the air and kneed a guy fair in the back/kidneys while making no attempt to mark or spoil....and that didn't even warrant a week.

Reply #87
Very glad that the club is contesting the Young suspension. Zurhaar contributed, even caused the contact. I'm not optimistic as the AFL has shown no inclination to acknowledge that recklessness from the victim can contribute to the contact.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #88
It's amazing how the media flip, yesterday and this morning the Young / Zurhaar collision was reported as it was, ............... a collision.

Moments after Carlton announces the intention to appeal articles began popping up describing it as a fiery clash!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
Very glad that the club is contesting the Young suspension. Zurhaar contributed, even caused the contact. I'm not optimistic as the AFL has shown no inclination to acknowledge that recklessness from the victim can contribute to the contact.

I thought Zurhaar viciously attacked Young's shoulder with his chest. 🙄
Reality always wins in the end.