Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5126 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #45
Collingwood fans must be working on the simple logic they beat Freo who beat us so that makes them favorites...simple logic for simpletons.

Reply #46
Collingwood fans must be working on the simple logic they beat Freo who beat us so that makes them favorites...simple logic for simpletons.

I said earlier that they have struggled with sickness over the past 2-3 weeks. Only started coming good for last week....results backed this up.
Collingwood should not be underestimated.
We have had 4 wins in a row and are facing more and more injuries.
The bubble is due to burst, and the old enemy would be perfectly placed to do it.

Reply #47
Apparently a few of our boys who played on Friday were sick too.

It's an even comp and almost everyone we have played have had moments against us. Collingwood are a finals contender and I hope we put a dent in their chances.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
I said earlier that they have struggled with sickness over the past 2-3 weeks. Only started coming good for last week....results backed this up.
Collingwood should not be underestimated.
We have had 4 wins in a row and are facing more and more injuries.
The bubble is due to burst, and the old enemy would be perfectly placed to do it.
Collingwood are an effort team, we will only lose if we fail to contest properly and match their effort, talent wise they are well short of us IMHO.

Reply #49
Need to over power them in the midfield like we have done all year. This group is pretty well coached we constantly have numbers around the ball and on the spread - that's pretty good. I think we will be too good - Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Kennedy, Cerra will just bash their mids into oblivion.

Reply #50

If it were the other way around, I'm sure we would apply similar logic and fancy ourselves. Reality is doesn't matter where these two teams are on the ladder, they set themselves for this game and often its a toss of the coin. We have to play to our best to beat them, they will be brimming with confidence having knocked Freo off on their own dung heap.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
I'm sure Vossy will be super keen to win this one and will have us fully prepared and fired up. We must be careful to better  pace ourselves to play out 4 Qs and not be run down in the last. Maybe put the ball up our jumpers fo a quarter or two. 😁
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
Last week, we were coming off a 5-day break from an interstate trip.  Our second half looked like it.

This week, it's the Pies coming off a 5-day break from an interstate trip (and a slog in extremely wet conditions). 

You would like to think that we should run all over them in the second half this week.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #53
Voss and Power   Vs  McCrae and Leppa

Yep, there are bragging rights up for grabs here!!

Reply #54
Voss and Power   Vs  McCrae and Leppa

Yep, there are bragging rights up for grabs here!!
Forgot about Power and Leppa
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
CARLTON

In: J.Newnes, J.Boyd, P.Dow, J.Martin
Out: B.Kemp (Medi-Sub)

Last week's sub: Brodie Kemp (unused)

Newnes named on the field (and will play) the others are on the bench with the likes of Cottrell, Carroll, Kennedy and Motlop, Plowman.

Someone is going to be stiff to miss out from that bench.

Reply #56
CARLTON

In: J.Newnes, J.Boyd, P.Dow, J.Martin
Out: B.Kemp (Medi-Sub)

Last week's sub: Brodie Kemp (unused)

Newnes named on the field (and will play) the others are on the bench with the likes of Cottrell, Carroll, Kennedy and Motlop, Plowman.

Someone is going to be stiff to miss out from that bench.

I’m a bit surprised that Newnes is back in the 18 but he is a seasoned player with a cool head when it counts.

I think that Kennedy, Cottrell, Plowman and Martin will make up the 22 and Dow will be the sub.

That would be a bit tough for Carroll and Motlop but, with the exception of KPPs and rucks, we have serious competition for a place in the team.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #57
Unless there's an injury we don't know about, I think Motlop might be the unlucky one. Caroll was a bit quiet last week but just has that little bit of extra size and can play up the field.....but if they're bringing Newnes in, then like for like (wing)?

Reply #58
I’m a bit surprised that Newnes is back in the 18 but he is a seasoned player with a cool head when it counts.

I think that Kennedy, Cottrell, Plowman and Martin will make up the 22 and Dow will be the sub.

That would be a bit tough for Carroll and Motlop but, with the exception of KPPs and rucks, we have serious competition for a place in the team.
me too, but carrol looked spent and had very heavy legs halfway through the third.  Just couldn't go anymore and it showed in some of his kicking.

The youngsters are good, plucky and they'll be back, because they've shown heaps.

Probably due a spell.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #59
Youngsters will be fine - we are finally developing them correctly and introducing them slowly rather than throwing them in the fire where they lose all confidence