Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 10093 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #90
No chance we will feature in the GF. We played half a season of top shelf footy, finished 5th, and have a list with zero finals experience. The season is already a pass mark in my book, and winning an EF would be an added bonus.

Reply #91
No chance we will feature in the GF. We played half a season of top shelf footy, finished 5th, and have a list with zero finals experience. The season is already a pass mark in my book, and winning an EF would be an added bonus.
This is largely my view also. However, if we were to somehow be able to play the finals series at the same level as the 9 game winning streak, we could do some serious damage. Whilst I agree with the "no finals experience" notion, we do have two coaches in our ranks that know a thing or "three" about the ultimate success in September. As we know, a significant portion of the game is played above the shoulders, if these coaches can instil the confidence and a free spirited, nothing to lose attitude in the players, it can work wonders. We will know in a week or so.
#strongertogether
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
I'm also of the opinion that a flag this year may be a bridge too far. But if we don't win it, the least we can do is make sure the other sides we play earn it.
Show the same effort we've shown in the second half of the season and go down fighting...and I'll be reasonably happy with the year.

Reply #93
I'm also of the opinion that a flag this year may be a bridge too far. But if we don't win it, the least we can do is make sure the other sides we play earn it.
Show the same effort we've shown in the second half of the season and go down fighting...and I'll be reasonably happy with the year.
The hawks were probably viewed the same way in 2008. 

The other thing to consider is what could have been.  We were in it to our teeth against the Tigers and kicked ourselves out of it.  Did similar against Sydney, and Melbourne, and possibly could consider having done similar with St. Kilda.

The bombers game is still inexplicable to me, but they smashed us in the 3rd quarter. 

To me, our pre season was junk, and our players not in good state to compete for the season, and this seems to have changed once we went to the fresher legs, and lesser lights who are more team oriented.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94
Carlton v Melbourne Grand Final.
Brisbane at the Gabba and Melbourne are the only two fixtures I find iffy and this team is more than good enough to get even better.
I wouldn't mind just getting the first final under our belt first - that makes the season a truly positive step forward.

Looking ahead is fraught with danger.  It's amazing how easy it is to slip on the first step when you're staring at the top of the staircase.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #95
Got my ticket Mickey 0.....Punt Road end, 2nd tier in the pocket. Ticket prices for games over there are so good.....just the airfare was the killer...you'd think I was sitting up the pointy end with the prices! But worth every cent to be there....my last live winning Blues final was a certain day in 1995!

Reply #96
Got my ticket Mickey 0.....Punt Road end, 2nd tier in the pocket. Ticket prices for games over there are so good.....just the airfare was the killer...you'd think I was sitting up the pointy end with the prices! But worth every cent to be there....my last live winning Blues final was a certain day in 1995!
Can I ask what your tickets were? Mine was $200 for 4 - two adults one concession one child.  And we’re top of the stand!

Reply #97
About $73 plus a few extra dollars booking fee/refund option etc. Over here at Perth Stadium, for non-members it's well over $100 for a ticket just to a standard game during the season...up to $150 depending on where you sit.

$900 return for the airfares!!! Luckily my daughter lives in Brunswick so free accommodation.

Reply #98
I wouldn't mind just getting the first final under our belt first - that makes the season a truly positive step forward.

Looking ahead is fraught with danger.  It's amazing how easy it is to slip on the first step when you're staring at the top of the staircase.....

Yes I am aware but I am not in the football administration in the football department I'm a die hard Blues pundit.

What I see from from this squad in general and how they can play consistently against the best teams in the competition not winning the flag should be viewed as a disappointment!

Reply #99
Yes I am aware but I am not in the football administration in the football department I'm a die hard Blues pundit.

What I see from from this squad in general and how they can play consistently against the best teams in the competition not winning the flag should be viewed as a disappointment!
I'd be happy with a finals win and call that progression and tick for Voss and the team but Id be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to even more success and winning the following week as well vs Melb or the Pies.

Reply #100
I'd be happy with a finals win and call that progression and tick for Voss and the team but Id be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to even more success and winning the following week as well vs Melb or the Pies.
Well, didn't we just beat them both?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #101

Nah not me. This group is well and truly overdue and with the talent on the park at the moment we just have to win this first final. We should have made the finals last year and considering the much better run this year on the injury front its a win and only a win thats a pass for me. 

After that i will consider it a bonus but making the finals and losing to a team that if it wasn't for 2 freaky very very lucky games would have finished 10th is another wasted year IMO

Reply #102
Dogs won it from 7th.....we are a better side than they were.

Baby bombers came from nowhere to ruin our party in 1993.

Hawks stole one in 2008 well before they were expecting.

Simple question - Why not us?

Reply #104
We have an A grader on every line need to make it count.