Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications (Read 29123 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #150
OK blokes, here is the latest mail I have. Hold onto your hats;

Outs : Cunningham, Kemp, Kennedy & Owies.
Ins : Boyd, Hollands, Martin & McKay

A few surprises there. Let's see how that pans out.
No way Kemp or Owies go out
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #151
Hopefully , that's not going to happen, we lose games with silly MC selections like this....
All I'll say is that I'll trust Vossy and Co if they make those calls but from the outside looking in it would appear to be extremely brave or utterly stupid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
It looks stupid to me too but I do think we have to do something different to beat Brisbane up there. As great as the last fortnight has been it won't get the job done on Saturday.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #153
It looks stupid to me too but I do think we have to do something different to beat Brisbane up there. As great as the last fortnight has been it won't get the job done on Saturday.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Reply #154

I think that’s right MBB, but Harry back and in form is different.

Our defence has kept two final eight teams to losing scores.  Our forward line, with significant assistance from the midfield, has kicked two scores that would normally lose finals.

Bringing Harry and Jack Martin back is a no-brainer.

Dropping Kemp and Owies is doing something different but I can’t see it producing a positive outcome. 

The only changes I’d make are Harry and Jack in for Chugga and one other forward.  However, as G2C said, Vossy and his team know what they’re doing.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #155
All I'll say is that I'll trust Vossy and Co if they make those calls but from the outside looking in it would appear to be extremely brave or utterly stupid.
Id go with the latter if that rumoured selection fiasco happens and Im sorry but I wouldnt trust any Carlton MC until the cup is in the cabinet. Pies have played cute dropping Noble and Melbourne decided to pick a dud like Schache as a sub but we dont need to follow them and should stick with what is working imho as Krud suggested.

Reply #156
Their game is more about run than the first two sides we've played. Our strength is closing those sides down. We have managed to win in so many different ways the last 3 months. We are adaptable and there's a good reason we are undefeated since round 13 except for a dead rubber. But, yes, going up there is a tough ask. Brisbane have been outstanding will be favourites for a reason. Winner of this games wins the flag IMO.

Between us and GWS the latter is getting the easiest run through finals. GWS's form is better than the Pies so I think they win that by 3 goals.

Reply #157
The good thing for Carlton and the Lions, is that the good form of GWS probably means they and the Pies probably beat the suitcase out of each other and run each other into the ground!

We have a chance to make history, can we take it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #158
I'm with you GTC....Kemp and Owies have been good. Owies averaging nearly 1.5 goals per year for the games he's played, not to mention the forward pressure stuff that him and Motlop apply.

I'd be staggered if Boyd comes in....he was playing well until he got suspended but has missed way too much footy to risk it in a game like this?

Reply #159
I'm a bit worried about Daniher and Hipwood.

I would play Silvagni forward, drop Marchbank and play Ben... I mean Harry McKay in defence.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #160
I'm a bit worried about Daniher and Hipwood.

I would play Silvagni forward, drop Marchbank and play Ben... I mean Harry McKay in defence.
I think they'll be forced to ruck Daniher, Hipwood is a worry, he's had his way with our defence a few times.

But I think we should be more focussed on winning the stoppages and taking the likes of Daniher and Hipwood out of play altogether. The best way to stop them getting the footy, is to stop the footy getting to them!

Excluding unknown injuries I doubt we'll make more than two changes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #161
Xander McGuire
@xandermcg9
·
Follow
Word around Lygon Street is that Matt Owies could be an unlucky omission for Carlton’s Preliminary Final. Cincotta also fighting to be fit.

Jordan Boyd likely to be a surprise return with Harry McKay and Jack Martin. 

Full teams announced tonight | @9NewsMelb @FootyonNine

Reply #162
Port beat the Lions in clearances the other week. We need to hammer them in that area.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #163
On paper it all points to a comfortable win for the Lions. If you look at with your head rather than your heart, there's no other conclusion one can reach. Everything points in that direction. If we are to win, it will be a performance that defies a lot of football logic.

We will have to pull out a performance for the ages to win, or conversely Brisbane will have to put in a shocker.

Reply #164
On paper it all points to a comfortable win for the Lions. If you look at with your head rather than your heart, there's no other conclusion one can reach. Everything points in that direction. If we are to win, it will be a performance that defies a lot of football logic.
We will have to pull out a performance for the ages to win, or conversely Brisbane will have to put in a shocker.

Think 1999 Preliminary final, ahhhh the joy, but yes hard to see us getting across the line on this occasion.