Skip to main content
Topic: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)  (Read 42721 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)

Reply #30
@Flyboy

What did you think he was trying to do? It was all too obvious.

I agree, the mistake he made was paddling the ball with his hand, if he'd just let it run out there wouldn't have been a problem.
The one we got paid earlier in the game was far worse, a miskick out of congestion and paid deliberate, shocking decision.
Anyway, a win's a win I guess but neither team will be around when the whips are cracking.
Good game from Thomas and swapping Hampson for Everitt is looking better all the time, thanks Tigers. ;)
Docherty looks very polished, Menzel looks like a gun of the future but it's going to get harder for him as other teams pay him more attention.
Gibbs and Murphy are both playing very consistent football, Waite's attack on the ball is something that always makes us a better team.
A couple of poor games but there's no point bagging out players, we all know who the scrubbers are.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #31
Not sure I agree with the commentary that the game was a poor standard - Adelaide's midfield is fairly accomplished and all of Thomson, Sloane, Dangerfield and Douglas are first class, so I was pretty happy to gets across the line.

Well done to Docherty, Everrit, Menzel, Gibbs and Casboult. And, the roar Daisy got in the last quarter was deafening - I for or let rip after 8 weeks of every man and his dog reminding me that he Isa 700k mistake. Well, who knows??

Reply #32
Twice this year the game has been in the balance in the final quarter and twice Thomas has stood up with the type of leadership and 'lead from the front' that you associate with Swan and Pendelbury.

Make no mistake, he'll be an asset!

Reply #33
And, the roar Daisy got in the last quarter was deafening - I for or let rip after 8 weeks of every man and his dog reminding me that he Isa 700k mistake. Well, who knows??

I forgot Daisy, he was good.
We may never see the explosive brilliance again but he does the team things very well and there's no doubting his skill, I think he'll be a very valuable player for us for four or five years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #34
I'm not sure anyone had 8/10 night or above. Everitt, Docherty and Simmo maybe.

Everyone else had good and bad patches.

Up until the last quarter Yarran was going beautifully but then short armed a couple of defensive efforts that could have cost us the game.

What about the stuff he did to win the game?

Dropped mark cost a goal, apart from that I thought he was one of our best.

Reply #35
5AA talkback is gonna be a blast.. nice to see us cause the blowtorch to be re-directed somewhere else for a change.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
I'm not sure anyone had 8/10 night or above. Everitt, Docherty and Simmo maybe.

Everyone else had good and bad patches.

Up until the last quarter Yarran was going beautifully but then short armed a couple of defensive efforts that could have cost us the game.

What about the stuff he did to win the game?

Dropped mark cost a goal, apart from that I thought he was one of our best.

I thought I said that.

He was terrific, but those two (it was two) were situations that he needed to do better.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #37
Not a pretty win, but 4 points on the board will do just fine. The last 3 mins of the third quarter could have completely killed us and I expect mick to concentrate on the quarter fade outs. Otherwise we could have won by more, letting easy goals go the other way. Typical of what our season has been like.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38
Actually I thought that was one of our best team efforts over four quarters.  Yes we let them get back in the game twice but then to stand tall and still find the guts to win speaks volumes about where the team are at mentally.  This is not the same unit that lost to the Bummers and the Dees.

They still make terrible decisions - three in three minutes in the third quarter - and they're still well short of the top four and five sides but at the moment they are clearly playing for the jumper.  And isn't that what we screaming for six weeks ago?

Also thought MM out coached Sanderson.  The match ups were spot on and forced Sanderson to make weird choices like throw J-Pod down back.

Hope Buckley isn't too badly injured.

Reply #39
I wanna pay credit to Simon White. Thought he was fantastic down back for us. Really coming into his own down there.

Hendo is worrying me a little. From the tv coverage, he was nowhere to be seen :-\ play him down back to get his confidence back.

Touhy has gone backwards this year I reckon. Unlike last year, I panic when he's near the ball and even when he has it!!  Too many turnovers and for the apprenticeship he has served, he should be getting a lot more of it and using it better.

Garlett threatened to make an impact but sadly that's all it was- a threat.

Ellard?????  Too many negatives to get a senior game I reckon. Kicked a nice goal but lacks size, lacks height , lacks pace..........good wet weather hard nut slog it out footballer but how often do we play in conditions like that??

Fairly even contribution from all today was a positive but slow ball movement and terrible disposal still fills me with no confidence that we're going anywhere in a hurry.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #40
Critical mistakes from senior players in the last by jamo waite and gibbs cost us 3 goals
Top 4 teams dont do this
Btw simpsons 3 kicks to opponents was noted
Betts is an absolute downhill skier- got in game when it opened out.....

Reply #41
Twice this year the game has been in the balance in the final quarter and twice Thomas has stood up with the type of leadership and 'lead from the front' that you associate with Swan and Pendelbury.

Make no mistake, he'll be an asset!

He certainly showed some emotion when he kicked that goal.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #42
I was at the game today. Umpiring from number 11 was absolutely disgraceful. Betts gained confidence after his first 2 goAls. The first was a 50 metre penalty that shouldn't have been  and the other resulted from an obvious push in the back free to the Blues that was once again missed by the umpire. Touhey did OK. He do is not fit. Nowhere near what he was last season. Gibbs was very good. Simmo was excellent. Both White and Rowe did very well down back. Both Buckley and Docherty are playing for the jumper.

Reply #43
Did anyone else notice that the siren was a second late, the clock ticked to zero while the ball was in the air

Reply #44
I was at the game today. Umpiring from number 11 was absolutely disgraceful. Betts gained confidence after his first 2 goAls. The first was a 50 metre penalty that shouldn't have been  and the other resulted from an obvious push in the back free to the Blues that was once again missed by the umpire. Touhey did OK. He do is not fit. Nowhere near what he was last season. Gibbs was very good. Simmo was excellent. Both White and Rowe did very well down back. Both Buckley and Docherty are playing for the jumper.
Spot on, Eddies second goal should have been a free to Murphy for either too high or holding the man