Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 44953 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #15
Terrible umpiring. I don't normally agree that it change a game but...

Brown 'mark' and about three people get a bit of it, kills our momentum and the Lions kick another in a min (Goal 1)
Brown free for 'over the shoulder'  (Goal 2)
Casboult touches the ball before it is across the line, no review??? (Goal 2 again)
Yarran mark or free for taking the legs, (Goal 3)
Rockliff acting from Waite contact. (goal 4)
Henderson takes a mark, not paid,  minus a goal)

That is a five goal difference, disgraceful!

What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #16
Very poor, could have and should have won. Made a lot of errors which put us in this situation for sure. 

But if you steer away from the two clubs and look at the umpiring as a whole it was bloody disgraceful. I really wanted us to win just so we can actually say this as a legitimate fact, rather then it being interpreted as a full blown out excuse.

We got 6 more frees, but nothing that we deserved up front.

Reply #17
To the poster who rubbished me for picking Brisbane on the pregame thread I await your apology and to Jarrod Waite you can forget about any lengthy contract extension.....and to the umpires tonight you can look forward to a free drink from the Brisbane lads because you were bloody disgraceful.....
Easy tiger, it was in jest to you I'll always respect people's opinions. But we should have won that one easily  >:(
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #18
I just want to make it clear. I agree that the umpiring was worse than disgraceful. Unfortunately, the standard of umpiring has fallen to it's worst level in my memory. But all teams have to put up with it.

So what you need to do to as much as possible to avoid those fwits and their disgraceful decisions, is to make sure that when you play a team Interstate, and you know that the crowd will be 90% for them, and that those umpiring idiots are influenced by the crowd, you make sure that you are too far in front for their decisions to affect the outcome.

Reply #19
Very poor, could have and should have won. Made a lot of errors which put us in this situation for sure. 

But if you steer away from the two clubs and look at the umpiring as a whole it was bloody disgraceful. I really wanted us to win just so we can actually say this as a legitimate fact, rather then it being interpreted as a full blown out excuse.

We got 6 more frees, but nothing that we deserved up front.

True but numbers can lie. From an unbiased prospective how many of those frees are actually frees?
- don't want to go off topic but it's something not many people think about ( not having a crack at u)

Reply #20
I don't think this current group will ever have that moment when they say "enough is enough" and pull their finger out for a full game. They have a 'close enough is good enough' attitude & culture that Malthouse is slowly eradicating as he keeps turning over the players.

Another 9-10 players will be flipped off at season's end and replaced by people handpicked by MM, we will then see a change in attitude and attack on the game.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #21
I agree. It's where and when they're paid that's more important.

Reply #22
When Trent West went off we killed them in the hit outs and yet still lost the game.  That because there's mids, like Rockliff, actually put their bodies on the line.  Even that debutant O'Brien looked like a seasoned campaigner based on his effort.

Are skills have been rubbish all year but the fact that we didn't win this game by 10 goals against a side of school children and grandfather time himself is a disgrace.  Yes, the umpiring in the last quarter was incompetent, but that doesn't excuse the first quarter where we didn't bother to turn up, or late in the second where we let them get two easy goals or the third where we had all the ball but couldn't put them away.  Umpires didn't do that. We did.

Well said Mondy.
I trully wonder if Warnock actually spoke to his mid-frielders and directed them to where he was going to hit the ball. Bignic used to tell gaggs, It's going over there, and that's where it went.

I lost count of the number of times that Robbie tapped the ball out beautifully, to the opposition.

Reply #23
I don't think this current group will ever have that moment when they say "enough is enough" and pull their finger out for a full game. They have a 'close enough is good enough' attitude & culture that Malthouse is slowly eradicating as he keeps turning over the players.

Another 9-10 players will be flipped off at season's end and replaced by people handpicked by MM, we will then see a change in attitude and attack on the game.

Definitely. We must persist. It will take 3 or 4 drafts to get the right mix.

Reply #24

Totally agree Sheik
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #25
fk the umpires, they hunted the ball better - we butchered the ball when it mattered, the turnovers destroyed us.
waite as usual - fkwit right on que

Reply #26
That must be the worst loss under MMs tenure.

There must be blood letting now. No-one can hide from how woeful that effort was. Umpires performed as badly as we did but that should not be seen as any form of reason or excuse for this loss. We were beaten by the bottom side. Handed a lesson about composure and attitude by the bottom side. Humiliated by the bottom side.

So now we've really been exposed. And will be laughed at by the football world - deservedly so.

Everyone was elsewhere when the game started so singling out individuals as scapegoats won't cut the mustard. We sent a group out to play this evening who, for whatever reason, did not have their attitudes right.

But some individuals will come under severe scrutiny and although I don't blame them for our loss I do blame them for letting down their team mates and showing a terrible disregard for the discipline that is required to be a quality outfit. Not only will Waite not get a contract renewal, he'll be lucky to play another game this year. A couple other undisciplined acts should also received severe repercussions.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
To the poster who rubbished me for picking Brisbane on the pregame thread I await your apology and to Jarrod Waite you can forget about any lengthy contract extension.....and to the umpires tonight you can look forward to a free drink from the Brisbane lads because you were bloody disgraceful.....
Easy tiger, it was in jest to you I'll always respect people's opinions. But we should have won that one easily  >:(

Agree we should have won but timing is everything......they had the rest, we had a hard game vs the Crows in which we played crape but they were just worse than us.
They had some good players back and we had Carrazzo and Robbo who were both undercooked and not and it was at the Lions home ground....
Just testing you too Goat..... ;)

Reply #28

Does that include Gibbs?

I think Carrots can consider his papers stamped.

Reply #29
its a perilous situation - MM is playing for a contract extension with a list that is simply not up to scratch