Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 44954 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #30
To the poster who rubbished me for picking Brisbane on the pregame thread I await your apology and to Jarrod Waite you can forget about any lengthy contract extension.....and to the umpires tonight you can look forward to a free drink from the Brisbane lads because you were bloody disgraceful.....
Easy tiger, it was in jest to you I'll always respect people's opinions. But we should have won that one easily  >:(

Agree we should have won but timing is everything......they had the rest, we had a hard game vs the Crows in which we played crape but they were just worse than us.
They had some good players back and we had Carrazzo and Robbo who were both undercooked and not and it was at the Lions home ground....
Just testing you too Goat..... ;)

Yeah, not sure that Carrazzo was ready.

Robbo had a crack though.

Reply #31
UMPIRING: Wayne Campbell hang your head in shame! What your boys dished up in the last quarter was an absolute disgrace.

CFC: MM, the rest of the coaching group and the whole playing group can hang their heads in shame! What you dished up was abysmal. You could tell the players didn't have their heads screwed on from the first bounce. Skill errors, turnovers and poor kicking saw us come undone (yet again). Every time we play Brisbane they run rampant through the middle of the ground - you'd think we'd have learnt by now! We had the chance to win but blew it.

Can't find too much positive about the way we played. Wish I could say the end result was a shock but unfortunately it wasn't  >:(

Reply #32
The umpiring was a disgrace...but umpiring's been a disgrace for 100 years ( I know cause my Grandfather went to court for abusing an umpire {called him a "skunk" and a "mongrel"} and got fined.)

That was a game we should have won...it shouldn't have been close.
But we have a team of undisciplined individuals who play as "individuals".
On the occasional occasions when they work together as a "team" they can look a million dollars, it's why I don't completely accept the list is no good argument... but too often too much is left to too few.

But that's been the case for most of the last decade.

Reply #33
I don't think this current group will ever have that moment when they say "enough is enough" and pull their finger out for a full game. They have a 'close enough is good enough' attitude & culture that Malthouse is slowly eradicating as he keeps turning over the players.

Another 9-10 players will be flipped off at season's end and replaced by people hand picked by MM, we will then see a change in attitude and attack on the game.

When you think about it, Murphy number one pick, tried hard, but his delivery was terrible and he doesn't win a game for us like a Sellwood or a Hodge.

Gibbs, number 1 pick, may as well not have turned up.

Yarran number 6 pick, tried hard, but as always in the last few minutes of a game, when he has an open goal in front of him, missed when it counted.

Waite, a complete idiot. He's a much better player than his dad God bless his Soul, ever was, but he doesn't have the brains that his old man had in his little finger.

Lucas number 9 pick, I think he was, fkd completely.

Carazzo is GONE and should not play any more.

Rowe, isn't good enough. He's not an attacking defender when he does get the ball, and more often than not if he is clear, kicks it to the opposition.

Zac, wouldn't get a game in the top 6 teams. Mind you, Rowe wouldn't get one in the top 17.

We don't have the cattle, and the new Prez and board if they can stop fighting amongst themselves, have some tuff decisions to make.

I said in an earlier post on another thread a few months back, that I remember that we celebrated our 100th Anniversary by finishing 10th, and that I hoped history would not repeat.

Ah well ::) ::)

Reply #34
I'm sorry to write this BUT I am not watching another game of this pea hearted club.

My son who has been a supporter since he was two weeks (now eleven) jumped with joy when I said he could barrack for Hawthorn now if he wanted.

I am so frigging over this crape this continues to dish up, and they call themselves professional.

Don't get me started on those biased umpires.

They have, you have lost me.

SO FRIGGIN OVER IT, NO MORE.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #35
well boys still the same spasmotic game plan i see even when we win we have been crap i dont know where we are heading with this bunch but it aint up the ladder but its ok we only play the cats next coming off a 110 point hiding gee cant wait to see what gutless effort this one will be....

Reply #36
Does that include Gibbs?

I think Carrots can consider his papers stamped.

Both of them are not part of the bigger picture IMO.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #37
Anybody still wishing to debate the worthlessness of winning the taps?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
garlett yarren gibbs we know they can play but why cant we get the best out of them??

Reply #39
Thought between Laidley and Capuano they could tick over the midfield so that they work together, but that would be too much to ask. 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #41

Warnock certainly got his hand to the aggot a lot tonight but where did it go ?? At one point I saw him give the ball a double-fisted punch straight back over the boundary-line from a ball-in, how can you consider that constructive ruck-play ??

People were saying he tapped that one over the back to Garlett who ran through and goalled, I reckon he ran under it and missed it completely.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #42
206 is a disappointing spud, he offers just enough to make sure you can stay disappointed!

He thinks getting 50 taps is all he has to do, but how many contested marks did he take tonight as a 206cm player? How many contested marks has he ever taken?

I tell you, zero, nought, nada, nothing, none, zilch, stuff all!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
How many times since ratten as coach have we surprisingly lost to lower ranked sides?

We have a seriously flawed culture now...

Reply #44

Would have lost by 10 goals without them.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................