Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37013 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
He has the look of a bloke that lacks self-belief...if anyone can get the best out of him it will be someone like Bolton.
I wouldn't wipe him yet.
He has the size, and a bit of athleticism.

I'd like to see how he goes  when he's not shouldering a big burden like last night.
Fair enough, could he play a high fwd/big mid role I wonder? Let him run up and down the wing abit if he has such a big tank.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Agree with giving Cripps a rest. But if he is good to play he should play Ed Curnow wasn't much chop last night Crippa needs him abit.

Reply #17
You don't drop Everitt again as you risk blowing his trade value.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
Everitt has no trade value, we are his last club

Reply #19
He has a future in AFL is a good size and a straight kick but his Carlton career is over and buyers will want him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #20
From yesterday's game I would seriously consider dropping Walker. He is nowhere near his best at the moment and really needs some form and confidence. he isn't going to get it in the seniors, but some time in the middle at VFL level might be useful.
I think Everitt will probably keep his spot, although whether he deserves it questionable.
Lamb was very much down and it was suggested that he was injured at one point. How fit he is must be a question. He has been quite good until this week. But we do need a small forward who can kick a goal, and not many have come from his boot yet.
Our key forwards, on the other hand, need an overhaul. Jaksch may have done enough to get a recall, but it is no certainty. We cannot play all of Gorringe, Jaksch and Jones. Jones did get a couple of goals, but he hasn't impressed with his off the ball work as much in the last 2 weeks. Time to give him a 'rest'?
I am tempted to play Gorringe in a non-traditional role, but it may take a couple of weeks to find some real form after getting smashed like he did.
I still would like Tuohy to play a little further up the ground, but that doesn't appear very likely.
I guess Wood has to come in, but he hasn't set the world o fire this year. He used to take marks around the ground. That appears to have disappeared from his game. Much to our disservice.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
You don't drop Everitt again as you risk blowing his trade value.

I doubt whether we'll be inundated with offers for Dre.  On the other side of the coin, I don't really see why folk are so down on him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
I doubt whether we'll be inundated with offers for Dre.  On the other side of the coin, I don't really see why folk are so down on him.

indeed it's not his job to win the ball at stoppages!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
Everitt is Everitt, he does what he does and he won't fundamentally change the way he plays at this stage of his career IMO. He can fill a useful role in our team in that when he gets the ball in kickable positions he is pretty reliable in his conversion efforts, an area in which we are not exactly flush with talent. He is obviously playing his defined role well enough and I would be very surprised if he were to be dropped.

Having said that he may well be tradeable should the right deal come along but in the meantime I guess he continues to play.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
Everitt is Everitt, he does what he does and he won't fundamentally change the way he plays at this stage of his career IMO. He can fill a useful role in our team in that when he gets the ball in kickable positions he is pretty reliable in his conversion efforts, an area in which we are not exactly flush with talent. He is obviously playing his defined role well enough and I would be very surprised if he were to be dropped.

Having said that he may well be tradeable should the right deal come along but in the meantime I guess he continues to play.

Eventually he'll be phased out as SOSOS and C.Curnow develop but in the meantime he's doing a job and hitting the scoreboard even if some of his stuff makes us scream.

Reply #25
Did Kenny Everitt play last weekend? :o ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #26
Barring a miracle, common sense would dictate that we are going to get smashed by Geelong next Sunday.

We just don't have the personnel to take them on. Levi, the tractor and Phillips are huge losses. Harry was going to be a key forward, and Charlie was just getting into the swing of things when struck down with GF. I hope that history can repeat itself in Charlies case. It was Steven Silvagni who suffered from GF at an early stage in his career, in his second year from memory,and turned out to be a champion.

I'll be going to the match and will be looking for Everitt to actually make an appearance, Rowe, to break into a sweat, Lamb to put in for four quarters, Sumner to actually concentrate when shooting for goal from 40 out directly in front, and to, once again, concentrate so that he can take a mark from a pass he has received when he is on his own in the back line, instead of dropping it. Armfield, actually doing something constructive instead of running around like a headless chook, and dropping a perfect hand pass to him, resulting in a goal to the opposition, Walker improving if that is at all possible at his age, Gorringe to show some strength and determination, Liam Jones actually take a pack mark, and Bolts giving Weitereing a quarter or two in the forward line, among other things.

Reply #28
It's amazing how quiet an 8 day break makes the lead-up to a game.

It's like the season is over! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Did Kenny Everitt play last weekend? :o ;)

Yep, and finished the game without one broken finger-nail though the wind did play havoc with his hair.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17