Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 32840 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #30
I didn't shed any tears when Christensen got nailed either.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Weitering gives Schache a bath ??

Graham can't handle the responsibility ??

Weitering gave him a bath, took him to the cleaners and pulled his pants down.

Hopefully Graham is better for the run.

Reply #32
Did I miss something or was that "winning in a canter"? Seems like we cruised in compared to the game last week - almost routine. It'll be a lot tougher next week though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
I didn't shed any tears when Christensen got nailed either.

That was a good bump; no contact to the head and it was in the contest.  Walks judged it perfectly and Christensen certainly had the stuffing knocked out of him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
2e returned to a bit of form and Gorringe proved he isn't a total spud.  Army continues to amaze as a small forward.  Fantastic goal from Ed.  The boys adjusted fairly quickly to the huge change in Brisbane's gameplan after the long break, so there's a fair bit of leadership out there.

Reply #35
That was a good bump; no contact to the head and it was in the contest.  Walks judged it to perfectly and Christensen certainly had the stuffing knocked out of him.

Think the bump dislocated his shoulder as he went straight to hospital. I've known the family for over 40+ years so looked at it with a bit of concern. It was a magnificent bump the, Absolutely perfect.

Reply #36
I'm going to keep bagging Gorringe as it's making him play well...lol!!!

:D
He's a bit deceptive...just watching him you don't realise he's actually as involved as he is...
Today he spent less time on the ground than any other player except Kreuzer but still managed

18 possessions and 7 marks.

Reply #37
Casboult (return) bump on Robbo. On replay, looked late but low - Bobby bump. No head contact.

Robbo fell to the deck clutching his shin... Not sure what that was about.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
Think the bump dislocated his shoulder as he went straight to hospital. .................... It was a magnificent bump the, Absolutely perfect.

Yes, no malice in it at all. But i don't like seeing players get injured.

Reply #39
He's a bit deceptive...just watching him you don't realise he's actually as involved as he is...
Today he spent less time on the ground than any other player except Kreuzer but still managed

Has very good hands in close for a big bloke.
A few more games like that and Phillips will have to play himself back into the side, which is great news for the CFC.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #40
Casboult (return) bump on Robbo. On replay, looked late but low - Bobby bump. No head contact.

Robbo fell to the deck clutching his shin... Not sure what that was about.

As much as we probably liked to see it...and agree that the lack of a free kick to Casboult just prior was a poor decision......
It was an undisciplined act by Casboult and was a response made in anger and frustration.
Bolton will probably have a quiet word to him about it.

Reply #41

So far I've liked Gorringe marking and around the goals. What I noticed today was he's clean below the knees, especially for a guy his size. He repeatedly scooped the pill off the deck and passed off effectively. Perhaps our coaching staff have a plan building up his box of tricks with a position in mind. Not sure what, but his athleticism and height may be difficult to match in the right possie.
Earned his spot for mine.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #42
Yes, no malice in it at all. But i don't like seeing players get injured.

It's not good if Christensen's shoulder was dislocated. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #43
Did I miss something or was that "winning in a canter"? Seems like we cruised in compared to the game last week - almost routine. It'll be a lot tougher next week though.
The win was set up in the first half (which I didnt see). We lost the second half by a point.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44
It's not good if Christensen's shoulder was dislocated.

It might be a collarbone rather than a shoulder. I don't know enough about sports injuries or human anatomy, but I imagine a broken collarbone is less serious than a broken shoulder.